Weekly Chit-Chat, May 24-30 - Mothering Forums

#1 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started this week's chat because I wanted to post about something on last week's but realized I was out of the date range!

I am having a tough time swallowing my pills, too. It's a combination of quantitiy, taste, and gag reflex. I am taking prenatals daily, Rutin (for vericose veins) 2X daily, and Crandophilous (for a UTI) 2X daily. It's been horrible! Believe me, I am scolding myself about this, but I sometimes skip swallowings and have not been at all consistant with these dosages. I've never had a problem swallowing pills before, but man, the second I can taste one of them on the back of my tongue, that's it for me! Out comes the pill along with all my good intentions. I just read in Ina May's Guide that if you have to choose between taking a prenatal and throwing up or not taking one and keeping your good, nutritious food down, chuck the prenatal. So I'm using that argument to make myself feel better (but still appropriately guilty).

So I was infinitely please this weekend when I found a whole shelf of books at my local library that looked like they were hand-picked by a skilled midwife. I got Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, one of Shiela Kitzinger's books, one of Janet Balaskas's books, and the Thinking Woman's Guide to Better Birth. I finished Ina May's book on Sunday -- I couldn't put it down -- and have been skimming the others. I immediately called my mom and told her it was a prerequisite to attending my home birth that she and my labor-and-delivery nurse sister both read the Ina May book. Mom agreed happily, sister might be harder to work on.

This past week I feel like I've started showing a lot more. Either that or it's just getting to be too much effort to keep my abdominal muscles tight and sucked in anymore. I now find I am most comfortable in almost all maternity clothes. Some shirts still fit OK, but none of my pants or jeans.

And I have a whopping 7 boxes packed! But friends and family seem to be coming out of the woodwork to help us with the actual moving, so I am *almost* looking forward to next Thursday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 10:18 AM

Mamafern, how's your booty today? Sorry you fell. :

I had a good day yesterday, felt great, cleaned the house, grocery shopped, and even went for a nice walk with my favorite dog. But last night I had a really tough time sleeping; I'm finding it more and more difficult to get comfortable, especially since I'm usually a stomach sleeper. I woke up with a headache and sore throat. And, dammit, it's STILL COLD here in Ohio. Isn't it like Summer already? We're all getting pretty tired of it. Anyway, enough complaining.

A good friend of mine told me yesterday she just found out on Sunday that she's pregnant. She's happy about it, but her husband is such a jerk to her, and I know that she's been thinking for years that if they just have a baby, everything will get better. I am pretty sure it was unplanned, because for the past two months things have been really bad between them, and she's been talking more and more about getting a divorce. She has been trying to convince him for years to have a baby, but he's always said "now isn't the right time" or that he doesn't want to have kids at all. I feel bad for her because I know this isn't going to change him for the better, and she is probably going to be just as lonely in this pregnancy as she has been in her marriage for the past 5 years (he travels often, and usually doesn't call her at all while he's gone, even overseas). But I am going to do my best to be happy with her/for her. It's just sad...even with a fabulous husband, pregnancy (and I'm sure having kids) can challenge your relationship. She's not my only friend in this kind of situation though, sadly.

Oh, and in other news, I think my boobs are getting BIGGER. They have been so sore the past few days, but I'm like, how can this be?! I'm already a DD at this point; I look like I've had breast implants. And poor DH wants to enjoy them, but I'm like, stay away buddy!! :LOL

BTE, you can do it! It's almost over!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#3 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I, too, have had a terrible return on morning sickness. Blech. Not as bad as it used to be, but definitely not fun. I'm currently trying not to lose my grapefruit juice. I hope this goes away soon.
I'm still not feeling any movement yet. I'm 14w2d and starting to worry. Anyone else not feeling movement yet?

#4 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 12:19 PM

It's kind of a wacky week here. There are some major things going on with my company which are nt going to be bad for me, and if I can make things work right, could actually be good for me (I just found out baout all of this this AM), so I'm excited and nervous. I've never played my cards right with business maneuvers before, and I'm hoping I don;t just blow it this time.

I'm feeling pretty good. I get really tired at night, but otherwise am good. I'm going to get my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed at lunch today, which will be good, because I'm just looking quite a mess right now! So that will be cool.

Other than that...DreamsInDigital, I'm not really feeling any movement yet, and I'm not worried about it. I'm not really expecting to feel anything for about another 4-6 weeks yet. I thought I may have felt something last night, but then I didn't feel it again. I know that we can feel things this early, but I still expect it around 18-20 weeks.

I'm also still trying to schedule my 14-15 wk visit with my MW, but I havent' heard back from her yet. I'm seeing the 2nd of the 2 in the practice, so I may call #1 who I already know and see if she knows what is up with #2.

Other than that, I could jsut use some nice weather! It is yucky as can be in NYC today, and will only be about 50 tomorrow! It's like March, not the end of May!

7 days till my birthday...!
#5 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
*amy* thanks for asking. i had a terrible headace after that till i finally went to bed at 8 or so :LOL elwynn was tired so i just got into bed with him. i felt queezy as well, which i havn't felt for a few weeks ( sorry to you mommas who are still queezy..) i feel like it was probably caused by the fall but i feel okay today. i did some acupressure on myself which seemes to have disapated the tension.

dreamsindigital.. i feel little movements and once in a while bigger ones but its not very day and its not often. im 15 weeks and 3 days.. i wouldnt worry

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.... mama of 4 lovelies, an angel, and one on the way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 12:50 PM
kel

Well I'm trying to get through my last two weeks of spring quarter while at the same time obsessing about the possibility of twins. I'm going to call this morning and see if the radiologist has gotten the request for an ultrasound from my midwife yet, but it will probably be at least two weeks before I get in. I've upped the amount of protein and iron and calcium that I need to be getting (all through food sources) - just in case - but other than that all I can do is, well, obsess! 50% of the time I'm thinking, no, there is no possible way it's twins, and the other 50% I'm thinking about how many ways this pregnancy is different than my last three and how enormous my stomach is even though I still fit into my size 6 pants, and that a midwife has never recommended an ultrasound to me before........ Time to go do homework.

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

#7 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 03:13 PM

BeTheEarth, you've got me beat... We have one box packed officially!!! Well, I guess we have a little more time than you since we are moving on the 4th.

DreamsInDIgital, I'm not feeling movement either, just lots of braxton Hicks contrax. SO don't worry.

kel, what do you mean, you can still fit into your size 6 pants? Like buttoned up and all or just pull them up? Because if you can button them up and you think you're having twins, I must be having QUADRUPLETS!!! :LOL

My week has been pretty laxidaisical so far. We're dreading the work of moving so we're all three trying to take it easy. Ds is starting to make a big production of going to sleep, for his nap and at bedtime. I know he's not teething... maybe a growth spurt. I don't know. He'll nurse forever but just not go to sleep. Then dh will take over and walk him around or lay with him in bed and ds will scream his head off. Anyone think he might be having nightmares? or something that might make him want to stay awake?

My nausea is decreasing daily provided I don't have any stimulii to make me want to throw up. Still don't have an appetite and I also can't eat much when I do... but at least I'm hungry. Must have gained 2 lbs over the weekend because that is what the scale says. I was a little worried with being 16 wks and only 3 lbs heavier than before.

Anyone else extreeeeemely tired. Maybe it's just being pg, nursing, and having a 15 month old to chase around. I think dh is experiencing some residual fatigue passed on from me.

Oh, and from last weeks posts, the libido is definitely there. It's the energy that's lacking. I find myself just fantasizing and really not wanting to do anything about it. It sucks.
#8 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 03:59 PM

Well, my week is going very well. I still have a little morning sickness every now and then but now it is moving into the heartburn stage. What fun. At night I get ligament pain when I roll over and it is very painful. Other than that I am feeling just fine. My energy has come back so I feel motivated to do all of the stuff I procrastinated on for the last 3 months. Dreams- I'm not feeling the baby yet either and I am 14 weeks. I'm not expecting to feel it until 17-20 weeks though. I can't wait! DH bought me a new minivan for my Birthday which is next week! Very exciting! Well... okay, we're married, we both bought it. :LOL We need it now that we will have two little ones. Very exciting!
#9 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 04:27 PM
kel

willemsmama - Very funny ! I think I can still fit into all of my pants because 1)they're low-waisted and 2)I'm just carrying/growing really differently with this pregnancy. My uterus is already up to my naval (which is why my midwife wants me to get the ultrasound to look into the possibility of more than one babe), and my stomach is just kind of this round bowling ball - kind of high and in front. I've gained around 11 or so lbs. so far and it's all *right there*. I've been feeling movement out against my hand for a couple weeks now (I just turned 17 weeks). So, if it's not twins I figure it must be a girl! My daughter was the biggest of the bunch by far, at almost 10lbs. On the one hand, this is my fourth baby, so obviously I'm going to show and feel earlier - at the same time I've had three already and my stomach doesn't usually *feel* this big at four months!

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

#10 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 06:41 PM

My uterus is already up to my belly button too, and I'm 15 weeks today! Not worried about twins though, since I think it is because I am the Incredible Torso-Free Woman!! Seriously, I am so short waisted that there is about 1/2 to 1 inch between the top of my hip bone and the bottom of my rib cage on the side! I'm not that short overall but since most of my height is in my legs, I think I'm going to LOOK like one of those short miserable pregnant women you see really waddling in the grocery store wearing huge t-shirts, holding their aching lower backs, looking like they're just being dragged along behind an enormous belly!! You know, how there's no room inside and the baby and belly just all get huge and then stick out about 3 feet in front!

I think I've started feeling the baby move a little, but it's faint, occasional, and by the time I can stop to focus on it it's stopped.
#11 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 07:13 PM

Someone else posted about being really tired all the time and I just wanna say "me too"
Allllll day long. No matter how much or how little sleep I get, nap or no nap, whatever. I am falling asleep at 7:30 or 8 every night. Blah.
And I may only be eating for two but I'm hungry enough to be eating for seven.
#12 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 07:33 PM
kel

Kavita, I'm just the opposite. I'm pretty short, but I have a really long torso/short legs. The easiest way to feel the baby early on (for me anyway) is laying on your back in bed and pressing your palms gently down on your uterus - wait a minute and you might feel some more obvious movement!

#13 of 37 Old 05-24-2005, 08:27 PM

Not feeling anything, but that kid must be on a growth spurt because I swear my tummy is growing literally overnight! It's a really good thing that my plan is to tell my boss on tuesday, because at this rate I'm not going to be able to hide it much longer at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#14 of 37 Old 05-25-2005, 06:11 AM

Kel- if it's any help, this is my fourth pregnancy though I only have two kids so far, and I'm carrying very high for me. So don't panic unless you want to
Another calm, quiet week here, though the dog is having a phantom pregnancy and being somewhat grumpy- thank goodness for Rescue Remedy and raspberry leaf tea.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#15 of 37 Old 05-25-2005, 08:25 AM

I'm not sure if this is normal, but for the past couple of days I've been having discomfort in what feels like the area where the top of my uterus should be. It's very deep, just kind of an ache, and I feel it more when lying on my side. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am guessing it's just my uterus starting to push my intestines out of the way a bit, or ligaments stretching and so forth.

#16 of 37 Old 05-25-2005, 11:33 AM

How are ya'll ladies doing? Good I hope! Those moving are taking it easy right? Sorry sometimes i cant seem to get out of mommy mode.

I had my appt yesterday. It didnt go as well as i would have hoped. The baby is fine and the heartbeat sounded wonderful. However, the meeting with the OB didnt go so well. She thinks i have fullblown diabetes not just GD. Which ya know thats just not what i wanted to hear. Then she asked about my family history and I started getting weepy talking about my dad because he's sick again(cancer) and she looked at me and said I think you're depressed. I said no stressed theres a difference. Well she put me on paxil anyway and then informed me that before the baby is born i have to be weened off so that the baby isnt born addicted to it. HELLO! Why the heck make me take it then? Grrrrrr...... So I feel like a rather crummy mommy. Oh and i'm on partial bedrest for 12 more weeks so that means I dont get my son back from my parents for 12 more weeks. Grrrrr.....
So thats about all thats been going on... except for awful dreams about people either stealing the baby from my body or me losing the baby. I dont know whats up with that though.

I hope all you ladies are doing great! Belly rubs and pats to you!

Chrissy
#17 of 37 Old 05-25-2005, 12:04 PM

Chrissy. Sorry about your rotten luck. I hope things get better for you.
#18 of 37 Old 05-25-2005, 12:10 PM

chrissy, your OB sounds like a jerk.. maybe you should get a new one.. if you dont think taking anti-depresents is what you need, dont do it! there are lots of natural ways to combat depression and if it is just stress, than there are good ways of fighting that as well.. it must be really hard to be on bedrest without your son around to keep you cheerful. i know that if i was in your shoes i'd feel pretty sad as well.. i hope that things work out for you and thanks for all of the nice words despite how bad you must be feeling right now..

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.... mama of 4 lovelies, an angel, and one on the way.

#19 of 37 Old 05-25-2005, 01:05 PM
kel

flapjack, I'm not exactly worried - I just like to know for sure what's going on! I've got an ultrasound appt. for next Thurs. so I'll know soon. I'm really leaning toward thinking it's one big girl - I wouldn't have even considered the possibility of twins had my midwife not brought it up, because I always get big early.

Chrissy, I hope you know that your OB can't just put you on an anti-depressent; it's completely up to you. It really does sound like you might want to look for a new OB - even if she's right about the diabetes, she sounds really controlling - not what you want throughout a pregnancy and birth. Take care.

#20 of 37 Old 05-25-2005, 01:09 PM

Awww MamaFern you made me cry. Good cry though. I'm contimplating not taking the meds. My husband thinks i should because its what I was on for post pardem but I'm more worried about the baby right now then me. As for my OB she actually is really nice she's just different then the norm I guess and caught me offguard with the negetive stuff. Besides the fact that I cant change because she's the only one taking new patients in the area that takes my insurance. But thats ok... I'm trying to look on the positive side. The baby is doing good! This pregnancy may be kicking my butt but the baby is doing just fine!

Chrissy
#21 of 37 Old 05-26-2005, 02:27 AM

Chrissy, if you don't want to take the antidepressants you might want to consider taking Omega 3 fatty acids--there is clinical research that indicates that they really help with depression. Just be sure that they are certified free of mercury, PCB's and dioxin if they are from marine sources. It's good for the baby's brain/nervous system development too. Making sure you're getting enough B vitamins is helpful in times of stress too.

My DH suffers from obsessive-complusive disorder (which is caused by similar neurotransmitter/serotonin imbalances as depression can be.) I finally got him to consistently take a B-complex, an Omega-3 fatty acid supplement, and a multivitamin on a daily basis, especially because he's a vegetarian. He has been doing this for several months now and he is thrilled at the difference it has made for him. I can tell the difference too-his symptoms are so significantly reduced that they are almost eliminated. He feels a lot more free and has a lot less anxiety and urge to check things. (He's a "checker"--checks repeatedly to make sure the door is locked, that the stove is off, etc. He used to take 10 minutes to go from the car into the house or a business, because he would have to yank on the car door handle repeatedly. He really isn't doing any of that anymore, through a combination of cognitive-behavioral work and the supplements.) So I am really a big believer in Omega-3 fatty acids, especially!!
#22 of 37 Old 05-26-2005, 09:40 AM

I hate to bring up the whole Brooke Shields issue again : but I thought this was interesting, speaking of vitamins/supplements. The other day Tom Cruise was on Oprah, and (I didn't watch it but read that) he said regarding Brooke that she could have been treated with vitamins/supplements for her PPD rather than taking antidepressants. Of course everyone rolled their eyes because 1) he's a guy, and 2) he is a Scientologist, which I guess everyone thinks is weird. Anyway, I kind of believe if you can treat something without medicine, it's a good idea to try (and I got my master's in neuralscience). I can't remember who mentioned Omega Sun, but I am definitely going to be getting some!

Totally unrelatedly, I feel like crap this morning! I slept fine, felt good yesterday, blah blah, but man I am just going to be couch-bound for a while, I think. Oh, and also unrelated, I think my linea nigra is starting to show!! I know a lot of people don't like it but I have always thought it was cool.

#23 of 37 Old 05-26-2005, 10:02 AM

Thank you everyone for the wonderful advice. I think I'm going to look into the vitamins. I would feel so much better taking them then the meds. It doesnt help that I keep having this dream that the baby is born with 4 heads... hehe...
Today I feel ok. My parents are coming today with me son so we can all see him. They're bringing my neice too. So I'm excited. Although my morning sickness has been over for more then a month and out of the blue this morning it feels like its back... grrrrr.... when I smelled popcorn to the trash can I went. Thankfully it was close. Never had that happen before. So this morning I feel kinda funky. Baby is a kicking away though!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Belly pats to all!

Chrissy
#24 of 37 Old 05-26-2005, 10:33 AM

MommyJad,

Best wishes to you with your decisions...seeing a therapist is a non-medicated option, if you are intersted in exploring things further. Sounds like you are very thoughtful person!

So, the big news for me this week is the my OB practice DROPPED me from care. I have been there twice since preg. (been there since 2002 though) and talked about home birth both times. Then, I spoke with billing over the phone and they adjusted my payments so I wouldn't have to pay for hospital birth. Sounds good, right? The first visit, she said it shouldn't be a problem just let the OBs know as I see them. Then I saw a MW for the first time. Decided not to get dual care every month/week from both OB and MW. Talk with OB about this. Looks at DH and I as if we have big horns on our heads. All I wanted was continued care once a trimester and able to call them if I HAVE to transport to hospital. She is baffled but will talk with collegeaus and call me. She was unfamiliar with MWs and with HB completely. We left pissed and curious as to how she is so clueless about those things.

She calls and says they cannot offer me care anymore. Why? Her knowledge of what I want to do holds her liable should something go wrong. Makes me think I should not have been honest with them and just shown up at 38 weeks to see them, again so they could be at hospital should I need it. I was pissed at first but am happy now not to have them touching me or my babe anymore.

Sorry this was so long. The frustration is still lingering. Argh.

Anybody else had to deal with being denied care by their OB? How did you respond?

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#25 of 37 Old 05-28-2005, 06:15 PM

Hey y'all, what is that eye goop that smear on newborns right when they are born? I can't look it up to find out what it is/what it's for because I don't know what it's called.

Also, for already-mamas, were any of you group-b strep positive with your previous children? If so, how was it handled? My midwife's nurse said the give the babe antiobiotics right away (and mama gets IV antibiotics) but I've also read that if the mama has taken a course of antibiotics at least 4 hours before the baby is born, the baby then doesn't need to have post-birth antibiotics. Just curious what experience y'all have had with this, if any.

#26 of 37 Old 05-29-2005, 02:28 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I love reading all your updates!

We are finally home, today, for the 1st time in nearly a month. We'd been living in a hotel all that time while the landlords gutted & fixed areas of our home that had black mold growing. It has been a *roller coaster*. I've had many days that a I felt depressed, & stressed out that we were going to be forced to move. And I *LOVE* our house so much. I hated being so stressed, THAT stressed me out! My mw talked to me a lot about my stress levels & is worried it is adding to my insane amount of Braxton Hicks & then all THAT stressed me out too! :LOL I don't want my baby to be growing in a stressed out mama. And this being my 1st "planned" pregnancy & all, I was sooo looking forward to a wonderful relaxed 1st trimester & instead became a stress monster. I'm disappointed that had to happen, but things will get better now.

As with my previous pregnancies, I already have so many BH contractions every day that I've got the mw all worried. I don't know what my body's deal is. My 1st baby was born prematurely, after 3 premature labors & bed rest & BHCx (I'm forgetting the abbreviation for that at the moment) through out my pg. With my son, I had the same amount of BHC, worried doctors & bedrest, but no premature labor & he was born right on time, 3 days after his due date. SooOoo, I'm not extremely worried about premature labor, just a bit disappointed that I have to do the "relaxed & slow" almost bed rest but not quite thing, this whole pg too. But oh well, it could be worse.

I hear you guys on the exhaustion thing! I'm still VERY happy to take a 2-3 hour long nap every freaking day. Not that I actually *get* to everyday, but the days I can are heaven!!

I felt the baby's movements for the 1st time last week. I've been soo focused on my belly, anxious to feel it. It feels like little bubbles mixed with a tiny "bump!" every now & then. Today I was lounging in the sun & exposed my bare belly to it. The baby started moving more than I'd ever felt it! I pushed dp's fingertips right into where the movements were & he felt it!! We were so excited. I didn't feel movements in my other pgs for another week or two, & my partner didn't feel it for about another month! The movements are so tiny & wonderful.

Anyway, I am done composing a novel.

I hope you are all doing well!

North Idaho rural living 
 mama to: 24 yo DD, 18 yo DS, 10 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yr old DS, 4 yo DD, 3 yo DS, and our toddler boy!
God willing, someone new is coming in Jan. 2017!
#27 of 37 Old 05-29-2005, 03:35 AM

I met my midwife on Friday- and I don't think I like her. (I posted an essay over in Homebirth about it, but she seems very hung up on the fact that my GP hasn't referred me to a consultant ob/gyn because my BMI is over 34. FWIW, I was heavier than this at the start of my pregnancy with Isaac but nobody bothered weighing me at all then. It's all petty, mindless, NHS bureaucracy.)
Well, she took my history- found out that my eldest, was born at home, 12 hours of active labour, my youngest was born at home after 7 hours of active labour and softened slightly- but not much. Based on one meeting, I don't know if I can trust her not to transfer me unnecessarily. Aaaarrrgggh.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#28 of 37 Old 05-29-2005, 10:53 PM

I am doing pretty well this week - very tired and taking lots of naps, but the nausea seems to be gone, yay!

I am starting to get a real belly now, although I try to show other people and they look dubious, sigh... I am going to post my belly shots on the belly shot thread as soon as I get them smaller and onto to some picture host.

I have discovered now that if I leap out of bed too fast or have a really hard sneeze I have really ouchy round ligament pain. So I have to be careful getting up.

Amy The goo they put in the baby's eyes is erythromycin antibiotic gel and it is only needed if you have any STDs. They automatically administer it even if you don't have any STDs unless you specifically request they not. And if you do decide to have it given, they can delay it for a few hours so that you and the baby can actually look at each other clearly. I get to see all of this fun stuff go down as a doula. Ahhh, medicalized birth...

Anyway, I am loving being pregnant right now, and if anyone wants to lend me some energy...

- Sarah

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

#29 of 37 Old 05-30-2005, 12:58 AM

Hi, everyone! I'm still having days of terrible morning sickness, but ocasional days of feeling great. I'm thankful for the good days, but wish I knew what to expect! What seems to have the most affect is how much continuous sleep I've gotten the night before, but that doesn't always hold.

We did the eye goop with DS because even if you don't have an STD, any type of bacteria in the vagina (even healthy bacteria) can cause eye irritation (goopy eyes) for the first few weeks after birth. Also, if you read up on newborn eyesight, you'll find that newborns see very blury normally. We were going to delay it till after the first hour along with all other tests, but DS had to go to the NICU for observation so it wasn't a big deal - I didn't care if the NICU was even blurier than usual! (There was meconium in the water and he had some breathing difficulty, but was released from the NICU after less than three hours and we left the hospital the next day).

I'm pretty sure I've felt a few wiggles from the baby here and there, but no big kicks yet. I'm only 14 weeks, though, so I'm not worried. Last time I started feeling movement around this time, so I'm excited to feel more in the next week or two.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#30 of 37 Old 05-30-2005, 01:24 AM

flapjack, thats too bad about not feeling good about your midwife.. i felt that way with elwynn and when i was 8 mos i decided to find a new one.. this time around i have the same midwife that delivered my son and i love her.. can you find another MW that you feel more in tune with?

im doing pretty good.. baby is definitly having a growth spurt. im hungry every 30-45 mins.. not kind of peckish but starving like feed me now. it feels good and weird.. baby is moving around lots, especially after i eat. i guess im 16 weeks and a few days, but im looking forward to feeling more movement more often.. i love feeling this little one.

sometimes i think its so incredible and magical to be growing a human being inisde of me.. i felt this way with elwynn but didnt reall yexpect to feel it with a second child, but i do.. it is such a miracle..

no queeziness unless i get a really empty tummy.. but ive been having headaches a bit. im not sure if its from not drinking enuff.. its been very hot here.. or from being tired, or what, but they are not too bad.. my belly is growing.. the top of my uterus is almost at my belly button.. which i thought was supposed to be closer to 20 weeks, but i dunno..

i am still pretty tired.. im trying to nap but its not always possible.. i had a nice day today though because elwynns pappa came and got him.. i got to eat a really nice lunch and sleep for 3 hours!!

my next midwife appt is on tuesday and im pretty excited.. but ive been thinking about really wanting to hear the heartbeat, but i also dont want to use the doppler.. but wait another 5 weeks?? its so hard!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page