I'm hungry... I eat.. then I'm miserable! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-20-2005, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
<vent on>

I am running out of room (see baby positioning thread) already. I am so uncomfortable! I think I'm cooking a pretty big one, but he's taking up soooo much space already. My belly is SO big and hard, it's like a big weight strapped to me. I still get pretty hungry (still nursing my DD), so I eat something... then I just feel so gross! My stomach fills up immediately and then I have even less room. I can't bend forward without wincing, I have to literally sit back in a chair, etc. My boobs are huge too which compresses everything from the top at the same time so I'm being squished from top and bottom, lovely. Everything and anything gives me heartburn since I have no stomach left. Baby's feet are in my lung already, so that when I eat anything or haven't nursed DD in a while and my breasts are particularly full, I am sitting there breathing like an 800-lb gorilla. Gah! And I'm only almost 27 weeks! This kid has GOT to be bigger than DD was at this stage. Of course, I skipped out on the entire last trimester with her, so this is uncharted territory for me. But it just feels like in the past week or so, all of a sudden I am PREGNANT. Not pregnant, PREGNANT. Do you get used to this after a week or two, and ride it out? Or am I just going to be the world's biggest party pooper until November? :LOL

<vent off>

Phew!
#2 of 8 Old 08-20-2005, 12:43 AM

I am having the exact same problem, except more at night, when honestly I eat probably 3x what I eat during any daytime meal. The dinner hour, the family hour, best to pig out! And then I'm miserable all night. As I try to go to sleep every night, I tell myself I'll do things differently tomorrow night...whoops, did I really eat two helpings of blackberry crumble tonight? And three servings of pasta salad?

Yes. Yes, I did.

In the daytime, I'm pretty good - eating every two hours or so, very small meals, lots of protein. And then I eat way too much at dinner.

Anyhow, right there with you. No great advice, other than the tiny meals. And by this I mean - 1 nectarine, 2 crackers, and a mozzarella cheese stick. That about does it for a few hours.
#3 of 8 Old 08-20-2005, 12:52 AM

I don't have the famous pregnancy hunger that everyone talks about, but I do feel that incredible fullness after I eat. I've felt like throughout the pregnancy my digestion is soooo sluggish...food really takes it's sweet time leaving my stomach. And like loraeileen, evenings are always worse for me.

My biggest suggestion is to stand up or walk around after meals. Sitting creates more pressure on your stomach from the baby. Even lying down is better than sitting (if you aren't a big heartburn sufferer). My daily after dinner walk is the only way that I can tolerate eating even a remotely normal sized dinner- it stretches out my belly and gets my digestion going.

Good luck!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#4 of 8 Old 08-20-2005, 11:53 PM

Yep, I feel ya! I have been having heartburn a lot, but even when I don't have heartburn per se I have the delightful feeling of food just sort of sitting there in my stomach making me feel yucky for hours. Especially when I lie down. We tend to eat dinner late, and this doesn't help, but even when I leave about 3 hours between a meal and lying down, I still can feel food sort of backing up if I try to go to bed.

I was thinking the other day that in a non-pregnant state, eating, sleeping, drinking, elimination and sex are the basic primal needs that we have and they seem to get along with each other pretty well, but that in pregnancy these all are in conflict with each other! As in, I'm hungry but if I eat I will not be able to lie down to sleep for a few hours, which I also need to do because I'm really tired. Or, I am trying to sleep but I have to get up to pee. Or, I have heartburn and so can't sleep and some mint tea would help the heartburn but then make me pee and then I will not be able to sleep because of that!

Oh well--This too shall pass! When I have moments of being less than thrilled with pregnancy I keep reminding myself that it's a very short time in my life and we'll have our baby at the end of it!
#5 of 8 Old 08-21-2005, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavita
I'm hungry but if I eat I will not be able to lie down to sleep for a few hours, which I also need to do because I'm really tired. Or, I am trying to sleep but I have to get up to pee. Or, I have heartburn and so can't sleep and some mint tea would help the heartburn but then make me pee and then I will not be able to sleep because of that!
Funny...but sadly true!

I started getting heartburn this week for the first time! Arghhhh!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#6 of 8 Old 08-21-2005, 03:00 AM
Banned

Love your post... heavy breathing and goriilla - ROFL!!!

I hear ya... and it gets worse! Yay us!!!
#7 of 8 Old 08-21-2005, 08:37 PM

This being my first pg, I was starting to worry that I'd be able to make it through 'til the end... it seems like this baby is a GIANT. I don't know what to expect, how big I "should" get.... but it seems like she can't get any larger!!!

I am almost always uncomfortable, too, sitting on the sofa or in a chair is torture.

Eating is fun for the first 2 minutes then the heartburn and gas pains set in. (Gas pains are bumming me out right this minute)

I am getting scared that my babe will be too big for my own body!!!

When I feel good I actually notice and think, "how nice! I feel great right now!"
#8 of 8 Old 08-23-2005, 08:40 AM

I've been going through the hungry/ full at the same time cycle for a couple of weeks. It's getting better for me. Here's what I've done.

More eating earlier in the day. More protein when I eat, which fills me up without having to eat as much in quantity. Papaya enzyme at every meal. Trying really hard to drink away from meals.

The evenings are still worse than the days, but this has helped some.

The oddest part for me is feeling almost depressed when I get hungry before bed time, like "Oh god, do I really have to eat again" which beleive me is not normal for me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page