Clumsy much? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-20-2005, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Geez, I'm such a clod this pg. DD dropped her spoon on the floor this morning and I was trying to scoot my belly in front of her to reach down to the side of the chair I toppled over! (kerplunk!) Then I reached into the back of our jeep from the outside passenger door and the same thing happened.

OMG the weight of my belly all out in front is totally setting me off kilter.
#2 of 10 Old 08-20-2005, 05:54 PM

I keep dropping everything. Which is really a cruel joke since the floor is so hard to reach these days.

The other morning, I was making myself a nice bowl of rice krispies with sliced bananas and raisins. I was trying to put the box of raisins back in the cabinet and I dropped it into the bowl of cereal. Rice krispies, raisins, and bananas went everywhere. Thank goodness I hadn't put the milk in yet! DD thinks I'm silly.

Christa
#3 of 10 Old 08-20-2005, 07:00 PM

I can relate...
I was hopping down the hallway on one foot the other night while trying to put on my pj bottoms cause the phone was ringing (it was late and I thought it might be an emergency)... I fell on my knees and scraped them up (on carpet!) and then yelled at ds for staring at me while trying to dress. I related the story to Dh while be bangadged my knees and he busted up laughing. He said, "Did you forget you're 7 months pregnant???? And you yelled at poor ds for looking at you?" Had to admit it was pretty humurous, although at first I sure was PO'ed!
#4 of 10 Old 08-20-2005, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I keep running into door frames as I walk through them. DUH. And I just don't FEEL like myself, I can't use a chair to reach something high without feeling positive I'm going to fall off. It's weird. And I drop stuff all the time, too! Suuuper clumsy here.

I have a friend who's due in Oct. She said she knew she was pregnant this time when suddenly she couldn't walk across the floor without tripping over nothing again & again. Haha! She claims that she is *extremely* clumsy through out her pgs. Trips, falls, drops stuff. What fun for her!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#5 of 10 Old 08-21-2005, 12:03 PM

I had a serious pregnancy brain moment yesterday...not clumsy, but funny anyway.

I was getting some bills and letters ready for the mail. I was busily putting stamps on the letters when I looked down and realized that I had put two stamps on one (one in the right place and one where the return address should go) and on another the stamp was in the return address spot. I laughed until tears were rolling down my face! Fortuneately they were self-stick stamps and I just peeled them off and put them right.

I also put the dust pan on the shelf with the cereal this morning instead of hanging it where it goes. Logical place really, I was sweeping up cereal, so it must certainly go by the boxes (that will make it easier to get to next time dd dumps rice krispies in the floor).

Wee, isn't pregnancy fun!

Christa
#6 of 10 Old 08-21-2005, 12:09 PM

I've got the dropsies for sure which is a joke because I just look at said object with intense loathing and then have a 5 min arguement with myself about the necessity of bending over and picking it up. :
#7 of 10 Old 08-21-2005, 04:44 PM

I haven't been any clumsier than normal (but let's be honest, I'm not exactly ballet-dancer-graceful normally either) but I have been a messier eater. I can't lean towards the table as much to eat, and I am rather well-endowed with the boobage, so anything I drop goes splat down the cleavage. Or onto the shirt, depending what I'm wearing. I am going through unbelievable amounts of stain remover these days... and I have started to dress "strategically" going out for dinner (ie, no solid colours, no v-necks that I'll have to put my hand down to get food out of...) Last night I dripped olive oil onto my favourite t-shirt and this morning a strawberry escaped onto a just-from-the-laundry white blouse.

Oh well, I guess this is preparation for helping a baby eat, right? :LOL

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#8 of 10 Old 08-21-2005, 08:33 PM

I've been laughing at myself a lot lately, after I eat something I end up with a pile of crumbs on my belly! I guess before I just dropped them onto my lap or the floor... now belly catches it all
#9 of 10 Old 08-26-2005, 06:31 PM

I just was running to the bank, and got in the car and caught the seat belt in the door. Which is not unusual these days, but the part that really takes talent is I reached up to extricate the belt and slammed the door on my thumb. Clever, no?
#10 of 10 Old 08-26-2005, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy
but I have been a messier eater. I can't lean towards the table as much to eat, and I am rather well-endowed with the boobage, so anything I drop goes splat down the cleavage. Or onto the shirt, depending what I'm wearing. I am going through unbelievable amounts of stain remover these days...
Totally. Me.

I've always had a problem with it, but it's much worse now. Cooking, snacktime, lunch, anytime, it's grotesque. I look like the sloven mother (as opposed to a slovenian mother, which I also am) that you would never want to leave your children with under any circumstances. I told my husband that perhaps I'll start itching myself everywhere in public, just to make sure people get the right idea.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page