That's it. I'm done! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I've hit my wall with this pregnancy. I issued an edict yesterday morning that mommy would no longer be bending over to pick anything up off the floor. It's up to them. I can kick it into a pile, but the clean up is their's. :

Cletus has moved into some bizarre position that now makes it most uncomfortable to do anything. I can't eat, I can't breathe, I can't sleep, I can't hold my pee :, I waddle like a penguin, I'm nauseaous again, I'm starting to outgrow my clothes, finding a comfortable sex position is getting difficult, I'm tired now and my patience is at an all time low.

I told my husband this morning that this is it, I'm heading into my home stretch. Technically I have 10 weeks left, but it could be as little as 5 weeks.

I know it's too early right now, but I'm ready. Ready to be reflective and lazy! :LOL
#2 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 12:11 PM

Don't DO that to me! I thought you were posting from a special care baby ward.

I'm there with you, though- I've got 12 weeks to go (I suspect, maybe only 10- part of me is expecting this one a few weeks early, like Isaac was) and my mind is centring in already, ready for the birth. No physical aches and pains at all really, as long as I'm gentle with myself, but I can feel I'm getting closer.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#3 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 12:14 PM

Funny you should say that, because I was just starting to feel the same way too. I have 8 1/2 weeks left, supposedly unless I go over 40 weeks and then it'll be more like 10 weeks. I told dh that I cleaned up for the last time this weekend! He sort of looked at me, like "I wonder how long this is going to last" and didn't really say much because he thinks the midwives have projected my dates way before schedule. (that's the wrong thing to say to someone whose starting to feel done). Somehow I guess he thinks I should be as big as I was last time... I don't know but just because I don't look as big as I was last time doesn't mean the baby is any smaller at this stage or is putting any less pressure on my innerds. It just means I haven't put on as much FAT this time.
Well anyway, as far as holding pee is concerned, I've given up. I do my Kegels and my PC muscle is strong because I can stop my stream like 20 times when I pee, but if I sneeze or laugh or cough.... it comes out anyway, even if I don't feel like peeing. : So I'm in there with ya!!!!
#4 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 12:22 PM

#5 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 12:42 PM

I wish I could somehow make dh understand how far away the floor is, how difficult it is to get down there to do something, and how it's even more difficult and painful to get back up once you are done. I'm done taking the dog out (she's a basset and too close to the ground), I think I'm done bathing dd (I told him weeks ago it was going to become his job, though when he doesn't do it I will just have to, or threaten having my mom come stay ), and if dd won't hand it to me, it's going to stay on the floor. She even helped me get diapers out of the dryer this a.m.

I have about 13 weeks left til my edd...my midwife is expecting this little guy to come about a week before that though.

Christa
#6 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 02:43 PM

LOL, if I quit picking up anything from the floor, we'd be walking in a foot-deep pile of legos, matchbox cars, dog hair, and plastic animals! Ds's favorite thing now is 'dumping' everything everywhere, and he refuses to clean it up (if anyone has tips on what to do about that BTW, please pass them on!).

I have to get up and down off the floor a billion times a day while dealing with him and it's killing me!

Oh, and ditto on the pee thing- I don't remember having this last time!
#7 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 02:53 PM

Yeah...the floor....

DS has no clue how far the floor is. Today, we were pretending to take naps in all these different countries he made up. So it involved me laying on the floor for 5 mins and then moving and repeating....ugh

Then he had this idea he started with DH yesterday about reading his letter books on the stairs - one book per step. I was lucky enough to get to do it twice - I through P and Q through X. I am dying here!

:LOL

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#8 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 03:01 PM

I am right there with all of you. My body doesn't bend like it used to. Since last week I just leave the toys all over the house until DH gets home. Then DH & DD put them away together. If they end up being in my way I just kick them where they need to go. Diaper changes aren't very fun though. It's the home stretch for me... week 27. I try not to think that it is going to get worse, but I know it is.
#9 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 05:21 PM

Yep -- bending down is now a yoga exercise -- controlled breath out, exploring the edges of muscle control, even and slow movement, then raise again slowly while inhaling. And repeat. I feel like I look just like those dorky health-department brochures telling you how to lift. Oh how I laughed at them 5 months ago!
#10 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 05:28 PM

LOL, too funny Jenn.

Oh, yeah, diaper changes are tough! We've always done that on the floor, so I have to bend in the middle even more! And now ds loves to kick my stomach and chest every time I change him so that's been a real picnic! I walk away when he won't stop, but that doesn't get the deed accomplished, does it??
#11 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 05:42 PM

I think I can still physically get to the floor, but every time my head gets lower than my chest, the heartburn is so bad, I suffer for hours afterward. All the toys get kicked back to the playroom, then dd and dh can handle it from there. Oh, and my pubic bone!!!! I fully expect it to just break in half any day now. He's so low, I think he may just fall out sometime in the next 10 weeks. Whine, whine, whine.

I keep thinking it's getting so close, but really, I have at least two months to go! AAAKKKKK :LOL
#12 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 03:10 AM

#13 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 04:07 AM
Banned

I been feelin much the same as you
#14 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainCoastMama
On another note, I've taken to letting my almost 2 yr old run around naked yelling 'I'm NAKED! I'm NAKED!' and even pee on the floor once or thrice instead of fighting her to get her dipe on. :

Hey, I've been doing that too. : We've done it so much that she dutifully goes and gets a towel to clean up when she pees on the floor. I keep thinking maybe it will encourage her to potty train.

Christa
#15 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

I let my son run around naked too!! He isn't potty trained yet but if it happens by accident, terrific!! I've never had a child train before 3 yrs old, so I'm in no rush with him, but it would be a nice bonus to only have ONE child in diapers!!! :LOL

My big project for today is vacuuming the dust off of the fan blades.
#16 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 10:49 AM

I'm right there with you. I'm so sick of trying to bend over to pick up toys and whatever else ends up in the floor. I am making my kids do more picking up. Of course they never get it really clean. But it's less for me to do.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page