3rd Trimester Swap: MAIL YOUR PACKAGE!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 142 Old 10-02-2005, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you Snugglebutter for my wonderful package. I got everything on my list... Ocean Waves CD's, Pregnancy Tea, Nursing Pads, Lavendar Lotion and even a Onesie & Bib as a bonus! Thank you sooo much! I was soooo excited opening it. I think the topper was the homemade stamped card... VERY CUTE!
#122 of 142 Old 10-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Banned

I got my package!!! It was dated a while back, but silly Canadian postal service takes a while.

Oh, I’m so happy itsybitsy25 picked me! Everything she selected is something I would have picked out myself. :LOL

First off, we got homemade cookies, and omg they are so good. *grin* Can I ask you for the recipe? There is something distinctive about them, and I can’t put my finger on it.

I love love the nursing top, I would have picked it out myself. It’s a beautiful – and classy – dark blue tye-die and the fabric is so so soft.

The block alphabet set is SO COOL. Each alphabet is hand painted, again, something I would have picked.

There is also bubble bath that smells divine – can be used with baby and even comes with a bubble wand. Also, organic rosemary herbal soap – handmade, and it, too, smells divine. I want to save both for when baby arrives – but I think just once I am gonna use them when I take a bath tonight. Mmmmmmm.

Itsybitsy – you have great taste, and you totally made my week. Thanks also for the sweet card. *really big hug*
#123 of 142 Old 10-03-2005, 03:14 PM

Gratefulbambina - Thank you so much (a few days late ) for the wonderful package! I got cute pajama pants, a bath pillow, baby toilietries, the Dr. Sears book I was looking for and the absolutely PERFECT pair of Old Navy denim overalls for the baby!!! Everything is wonderful and I truly appreciate it.

AmyGirl28 - glad you liked your package!

MrsMoe - aren't itsybitsy's cookies yummy?
#124 of 142 Old 10-03-2005, 03:22 PM

Im glad you liked your box I was unsure about the pajama bottoms, but I couldnt find any plain dark ones so I just got a pair that I would wear
#125 of 142 Old 10-03-2005, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoe
I got my package!!! It was dated a while back, but silly Canadian postal service takes a while.

Yay, I'm so glad you got it- actually, it didn't take as long to get to CA as I feared it would! I'm glad you like the stuff- it was fun shopping. I just happened to come across the top and the wooden blocks so I hoped they would work out for you Actually, I used the cookie recipe from the Joy of Cooking! I don't know why that recipe always makes large, crunchy cookies when other ones make rounder chewier ones, but I like cookies in any form! Heehee.

It's been really fun reading about people getting thier packages and what they get- wow, some of you guys are really talented at making homemade stuff! That is terrific!
#126 of 142 Old 10-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsybitsy25
Yay, I'm so glad you got it- actually, it didn't take as long to get to CA as I feared it would! I'm glad you like the stuff- it was fun shopping. I just happened to come across the top and the wooden blocks so I hoped they would work out for you Actually, I used the cookie recipe from the Joy of Cooking! I don't know why that recipe always makes large, crunchy cookies when other ones make rounder chewier ones, but I like cookies in any form! Heehee.

It's been really fun reading about people getting thier packages and what they get- wow, some of you guys are really talented at making homemade stuff! That is terrific!
I wish you were my mom! No joke! your kids are so lucky.
#127 of 142 Old 10-04-2005, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

I got my package today!!!!!!!!!!

Fern, thank you SO MUCH! It was the most amazing package: a beautiful Fern-made (and hand-dyed) wool soaker, a very tiny cloth dipe (an AIO, yes?), 4 diaper covers, a newborn hat, and the most adorable lavender and sage (our baby room colors!!) baby vest. But that's not all! Fern also sent one of her famous felted balls (which I have been wanting to buy from her forever) in purple and sage, a teeny purple and sage baby bracelet (Fern-made, I assume), a pumice and tea-tree soap, a bag of dried lavender which smells amazing (and with which I'm going to make a relaxation mask or pillow for birthing!!!), a packet of Burt's Bee's baby dusting powder, a footprinting kit, a Peter Rabbit night-light (which is so funny because I was just thinking this morning that I need to get a cute night-light for Brynnie's room), and last but not least, 2 CDs of baby lullabies! As if all of that weren't enough, everything was wrapped inthe most beautiful paper (I loved the green paper with little silver hand and foot prints so much!) and there were several hand-written notes to myself and Brynn and the family.

**So much** love and thoughtfulness went into this package, it really made me well up with gratitude and made me feel so loved!! :

I have to get a little mushy here and say how blessed I feel to be part of this community of amazing, loving, wise women. I have been so enriched by my friends here at MDC!!

THANK YOU so much Fern, Elwynn, and Baby Ngaio! Brynn, Jason, and I will feel your love and kindess with us all around the house!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#128 of 142 Old 10-04-2005, 03:16 PM

Im not sure if I received my package yesterday or not. I received a box with a cute Kathe Kruse baby toy in it. There wasnt a note or anything so Im not sure if this was my package or not.

Thanks if it was
#129 of 142 Old 10-04-2005, 03:38 PM

amy.. im so glad you liked it! i put a lot of love into it.. the diaper probably needs a cover, but thats what all of those covers are for

everything else is pretty self explanitory.. the bracelet isnt that practical, but someone made elwynn one for my baby blessing and i still have it in his little baby bag that i knit him with other special treasures.. he even wore it a few times..

i hope you enjoy the cd's.. the planet sleeps cd is very speacial... we listened to it all the time when elwynn was newborn - even moments after he was born.., and stiill do at bedtime lots. im glad to share it.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#130 of 142 Old 10-04-2005, 04:05 PM

Ohhh Carrie!! I'm so sorry!! That was from me. I have been so spent from all these L&D trips (I had yet a THIRD one over the weekend! I don't even bother posting about them anymore!) and I must've sealed it without putting the card in it.
#131 of 142 Old 10-04-2005, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

I was just thinking about you today Kristina. So nothing new?

I can't wait to listen to the CDs, MamaFern! I need to set up a CD player in the baby room so that we can have mood music for rocking and breast-feeding.

#132 of 142 Old 10-04-2005, 08:45 PM

I contracted all day Saturday and went to L&D because I was afraid my water might break and then we couldn't do the version.

The good news is, the baby is now VERTEX! More good news is my fluid levels have dropped to "high normal". No more poly!!

The not so great news was that all my contractions stopped the minute I got to L&D. :

I went for my NST and visit on Monday and all was good. BP was 130/80 (not fabulous by any means but whateva') and basically the Dr said we are back to just waiting like everyone else. No plans for induction as long as my BP continues to stay normal. I'm off bedrest and just waiting.
#133 of 142 Old 10-07-2005, 11:41 PM

Spughy-

Your package is all wrapped up and ready to go. It's sitting on my counter right now and I will mail it! Sorry that it has taken me so long!!!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#134 of 142 Old 10-11-2005, 01:41 PM

Yay package!!!!

MamaFern - YOUR package should get to you today or tomorrow. I hope everything survives - the cookies were baked fresh on Saturday just for you (cause DH ate all the previous batch !!!!)

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#135 of 142 Old 10-11-2005, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

So has anyone NOT gotten a package yet who should have? If you haven't, and your swap mama hasn't indicated that the package is going out soon (or has gone out) please email me. My PM box is full and I can't empty it until we're all done with this swap, so email is the only option for now!

#136 of 142 Old 10-12-2005, 11:04 PM

spughy: i got my package today!! thank you SO much! the little mittens are so sweet! at first i just saw the big ones and i was like.. those would fit elwynn! then i saw the little green ones. so cute! my kiddies will be cozy this winter
i havnt tried the cookies yet. im waiting till i dont have to share them :LOL they look SO good though. and thank you for the eco bella vanilla body cream. i swear i almost cried when i saw it. i love that stuff so much and ive been without for months. my belly is getting creamed up tonight thats for sure YUM! and the bath scrub smells devine. i cant wait to get in the tub tonight. thanks so much for the greens from your garden. i love sage and bay leaves are great! i use them for lots of cooking and they are also great to put in jars with rice and stuff that you dont want to get bugs. ohh.. and the bum balm looks wonderful too! cant wait till i have a tiny bum to use it on im going to light the beeswax candle at the birth. and the mushroom necklace is sweet. elwynn really likes it so it may have to be his little special thing. he is such a beauty queen. oh and the honey! MmMmM.
thanks so much again. it was well worth waiting for!

fern

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#137 of 142 Old 10-13-2005, 01:06 PM

So glad you liked it! It was fun to put together. Let me know how the baby bum balm is - I haven't tried it.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#138 of 142 Old 10-13-2005, 11:13 PM

MamaFern, Spughy- sounds like an awesome package The mittens sound adorable! And greens from the garden, how nice! What a lot of really special stuff!
#139 of 142 Old 10-31-2005, 10:53 PM

I'd almost forgotten about it, but my package arrived today!!!! Thank you Gunter! It was such a lovely surprise. And it could not have been better timed because inside was some Yogi mama-to-be tea that has all sorts of things in it to make tummies feel better and mine was feeling just wretched when I got home from work. Almost like the postal service consipired to withold the package until I really needed it I am looking forward to listening to all the nice music and playing with the pedicure stuff and I cannot WAIT to put that super-cute little outfit on my new baby! I will post pictures of her in it when she arrives

thank you thank you thank you...

#140 of 142 Old 10-31-2005, 11:20 PM

Sorry it took me so long to send it! I do hope that you like the music...Dh and I guessed on lots of it based on what you told me.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#141 of 142 Old 11-01-2005, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Speaking of music, I keep meaning to tell you MamaFern, I am *loving* the lullaby CDs you sent me!! I sit in Brynn's room in the rocking chair and listen to them and have daydreams about cuddling with my baby and nursing to that music.

#142 of 142 Old 11-01-2005, 01:48 PM

i had a feeling you would love them.. maybe we will both be nursing our babies and listening to the same music in a few weeks!

Quote:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page