Mothering Forum banner

I can't breathe!

456 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  samsmamma 
#1 ·
I know this is normal, but I never remember having it this bad with any of my other pregnancies. I am *so* short of breath, it is really uncomfortable. Just talking on the phone or having to read a paper in class or watering the garden - and I feel like I'm gasping! Is anyone else having severe shortness of breath? I'm not turning purple or anything, I'm sure it's fine - just really uncomfortable.

The worst part is that I don't really see any respite ahead since I'm carrying high and my babies never "drop" until labor. I'm also almost 31 wks, but measuring at least 36 - so maybe that has something to do with it.

#2 ·
Yep- just now before I sat down, I stirred my pot of lentils, then talked to dh as he made our lunch and I am totally out of breath! Just walking around the house doing mundane things makes me winded- not to mention pushing the stroller, carrying our two ton diaper bag, and rangling a toddler all day! And I don't even think I'm carrying high!

#7 ·
Sorry everyone else is going through the same thing, and glad to know I'm not the only one! I just don't remember this happening with any of my other pregnancies, it's weird, but all of my physical symptoms seem exaggerated this time around. I guess I'm getting old and worn out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.