Pancakes for Spughy! (and whoever else) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-01-2005, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spughy, by your request, and for whoever else wants it--here's the recipe for the Buckwheat Pancakes I mentioned making. Off the internet at allrecipes.com, with my own input added!

1 cup buttermilk (although I never have it on hand so I mix milk with some plain yogurt and it comes out fine)
1 egg
3 Tbsp butter, melted
6 Tbsp all-purpose flour (I've used whole wheat and it's been fine)
6 Tbsp buckwheat flour
1 tsp white sugar (I've used honey or brown sugar and it's been fine)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tablespoons butter or oil for frying

In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter. In another bowl, mix together flour, buckwheat flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Pour dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Stir until two mixtures are just incorporated. To make fluffier pancakes, let the mixture sit for at least about 15 minutes. Melt butter or oil on the griddle or frying pan and make pancakes!

This recipe makes some of the best buckwheat pancakes I've ever had, and apparently the batter keeps for a while too. I usually double the recipe, and either save some batter or you can wrap the "extra" pancakes individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil when they've cooled and put them in the fridge or freezer then just pop them in the microwave or toaster to have another morning!
#2 of 3 Old 09-01-2005, 12:15 PM

Yummers! Thanks so much. Pancakes for me tomorrow!!!!

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#3 of 3 Old 09-01-2005, 02:21 PM

Mmmmmm. I want pancakes NOW!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page