having a hard time tying my shoelaces! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2005, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this evening i was getting ready to go out to dinner with some friends and i could barely reach my feet (sitting down) to tie my shoes! ive been wearing slip on sandals all summer so i hadn't really tried it for a while.. ugh, it felt gross, like everything got all squished and i was squishing the baby..i know i wasnt hurting her but still! and i still have 2 months + to grow bigger! i live in a very wet and rainy place in autumn and winter, so ive decided to get myself some good slip on gumboots :LOL i think ill get elwynn some too and get some paint and we can have a painted boot party or something..

anyone else having a hard time bending over?

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2005, 09:15 AM

Yes indeed!!! I have been wondering what I'm going to do when the weather starts getting cooler and wet here. Just hope DH is around to shoe me whenever I need to go anywhere, I guess! :LOL

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 09-02-2005, 09:33 AM

Oh yeah, my life is all about slip ons. I've also had to start having Nate sit higher up the stairs so I can reach his feet to help him with shoes.

And I discoverd last time that I lived in slip on type shoes for the first months after he arrived. I could get him all ready, his diaper bag packed and me mostly ready, but then I'd discover I forgot to put shoes on me. I wore sandals with socks for the longest time because I could put those on while still holding everything.

This time I'm getting some nice winter slip ons (checking out the lands end ones right now) so I at least have warm toes.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:25 AM

Yep! This is yet another thing I didn't experience when pg with DD. The baby is so low it's in my lap, and I'm finding it hard to bend over if I drop something.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:38 AM

i hear ya. the only time i wear laced shoes is when i go to the gym and i have this elaborate system of sitting with one leg on the bed, one leg off, and putting socks and shoes and tying, one leg at a time. then i have to lay back and rest for a few minutes. i never did get into a pregnancy yoga video like i planned, so i guess this counts.

luckily, it wont get too cold here by november, so i plan to wear my slip on tennis shoes until the end.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
Old 09-02-2005, 11:10 AM

I no longer wear shoes that tie.

I wore slipons my entire 1st pg. I had this one pair that I wore so much and I was so sick of them that I threw them away as soon as dd was born. I kinda wish I had them back now!

Christa
Old 09-02-2005, 11:34 AM

sandals all the way for me, too, so far! We'll see how long I can get away with that with fall approaching.

I had to have DH clip my toenails for me the other day! I just can't reach anymore. How's that for a pregnancy milestone! :LOL
Old 09-02-2005, 01:31 PM

The only shoes I have out of storage at the moment are sandals and with the weather in FL I could probably wear them until after the birth. However all the extra weight and moving joints has me looking for new shoes that are a bit nicer on my feet. It is not a pretty sight to see my struggling to try on shoes at this point! I am hoping that I might be able to find some nice slip on shoes that still manage to feel really good on my feet and help my back not to ache so much at the end of the day. Its also about time for dh to take over toe nail care here also which means I might have to give up painted toe nails or get used to having them be very messy again.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
Old 09-02-2005, 03:42 PM

I am all about Dansko Clogs! So comfy, great for your back, and no laces!! I buy them at www.danskooutlet.com for about 30% less then the stores cuz they never go on sale! However they last forever!!!!
On another note, I am about to toss my razor out the window & give up shaving all together! Anyone else?
Old 09-02-2005, 04:44 PM

Oh yeah, went to the lake this morning. I just sort of lathered up and made an educated guess, hoping I was at least getting *some* of the bikini area. Legs were a tad easier, although that required getting out of the shower and sitting on the egde of the tub. Fun!

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
Old 09-02-2005, 11:08 PM

Unfortunatly, I have to wear tennis shoes. My foot and outter calf are numb due to my sciatic nerve and disk being inflamed. So I sit on the edge of the bed and put on shoes and socks. Then I stand and put one foot one the bed, kinda lean over and tie it. I let my belly fall to one side of my bent leg. It's been working so far . . . I have 3 months to go . . . We'll have to see. I can't wear sandles, too flat and they make my foot really hurt
Old 09-02-2005, 11:47 PM

LOL, I haven't worn shoes that tie in a long time...too hard with a toddler, 2 dogs, and a huge diaper bag! My hands are always too full.

I gave up trying to put on socks this week. Dh has to put them on me.

I have clipped my toenails for the last time- and the only reason I struggled through that is b/c I hate having anyone else cut my nails! But dh will be doing my pedicures from now on! He is actually pretty good at doing nailpolish.

Re: shaving- struggled through that one for the last time, too- dh likes to shave my legs (don't ask me why!) so I'm sure he will happily do that for me.

I am carrying all in front, I feel like there is no room for my ribs and bending in the middle is just excruciating! Tough taking care of a very small toddler when you can't bend over!

User Tag List