Had a scare today... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-05-2005, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whew, I am coming down from one emptional roller coaster...

For some reason, last night before bed, I started thinking that I have not been feeling the baby move as much as usual. I even woke up in the middle of the night/early morning thinking about it and stressing a bit. So I decided to pay attention today and did not notice as much movement. I went to a local carnival with DS and ate some sugary junk food (we shared an italien ice and a funnel cake ) and still did not notice much movement. I came home, had a big glass of OJ and some water and laid down. Not much movement. This is when I started to worry.

Even though my logical brain was trying to tell me everything was surely fine, my emotional brain kept creeping in, so I called my MW. One was not home, so after 30 mins or so, I called the other one. While talking to her, I started to loose it. I didn't know how stressed I was until I started talking about it outloud and she heard it in my voice so she told me I could come over if I wanted.

I went downstairs to ask DH (who was working from home today, since we are going on vacation Weds) if he could quit then to watch DS (it was 3:30p) and I just broke down, sobbing to him. He was freaked out to say the least! It took me a few mins to explain to him what was going on, and I hated to stress him out since he is such a worrier by nature. But I could just hold it together anymore.

So, long story short....I went to the MWs house, she used the dopplar, which I have been trying to avoid, but didnt care today and everything sounds great. The HR was normal, she stimulated the baby and there was normal variables. She had a hard time palpating the baby, so she thinks it moved deeper back into my abdominal cavity? Or it could be the extra fluff I am carrying and she was being nice. She also thinks the placenta could be anterior, which could explain why she has a hard time verify head from butt and why the kicks seem to have decreased.

Oh, and LOL, my blood pressure was actually *lower* than it has been at my last 3 prenatals! What's up with that?

Anyway, I don't know why i got so freaked out, as I tend to be a pretty realxed person when it comes to pregnancy. But thankfully, the babe seems to be doing well in there....

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#2 of 9 Old 09-05-2005, 08:15 PM

Aww Jenn! That must have been scary for you. I actually had similar feelings today as a matter of fact; she was really active this morning, and then suddenly nothing for a while and I started having these horrible visions of her being wrapped up in her cord and stuff. I kind of smooshed around my belly around and changed position, and within a few minutes she was really active again, but it was kind of freaky (just to me, I mean). Your mind can really get you worked up huh?

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#3 of 9 Old 09-05-2005, 08:32 PM

Mine babe has a cycle - a few really active days then a few quieter days. I think it has something to do with growing. I know at this stage they start moving less anyway as things get more cramped, but it is definitely disconcerting!

I have my MW appt tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it, in part jsut for this reason.

Glad to hear everything is ok!
#4 of 9 Old 09-05-2005, 09:28 PM

oh momma, these kind of days happen.. i know sometimes i worry about baby too.. usually when a whole day goes by and ive been too busy to remember to tell her i love her, or rub my belly.. movement can be one of those ticky things, and remember they sleep like 90% of the time.. im glad that you called your MW and that she supported you and that all is well.. sometimes you just need to freak out and be supported, because so much of the time us mommas are being the strong ones.. its okay to be supported.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#5 of 9 Old 09-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Banned

This baby doesn't seem nearly as active as my Emma was. I even told my husband about it today. She moves and all, but the kicks don't feel as strong or as often. My husband mentioned my uterus this time is much larger - giving baby more room... and there could be a difference in personality as well. You are not alone in your fears... and glad all is OK.
#6 of 9 Old 09-05-2005, 11:07 PM

I'm glad everything is OK with you!

That happened to me with my last pregnancy and I went to L&D in the hospital, which was NOT a fun experience. With both my 1st and 2nd pregnancies I did not feel a lot of movement, and both of those times I had an anterior placenta (confirmed by US). This time, I am feeling more movement, though I have not had an US so I don't know where my placenta is!
#7 of 9 Old 09-06-2005, 12:38 AM

Im so sorry for your rough day I had a day like that a couple weeks ago. Its just so hard sometimes to not 2nd guess our innerself when our babies are involved.

Im glad everything was ok. Enjoy your vacation & get some relaxation time in for you!!
#8 of 9 Old 09-06-2005, 01:10 AM

You are not alone in those kinds of concerns, for sure! We've all probably second guessed the whole movement thing at some point. Just like we'll probably stare the babe down to make sure it's little chest rises and falls next to ours in bed!

Take care, caring mama!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#9 of 9 Old 09-06-2005, 01:18 AM

Bensmomma, I'm sorry you had to experience this today! I so know what its like to not feel my little ones. It stinks and you get into a panic mode!

Because of this and me being a high risk (blood clotting disorder, AMA and twins), my peri is starting me on weekly NST's : for now to keep an eye on movement. For me, some days they are super active and others, I don't feel ANYTHING at all. I know, it's shameful to do the NST's, but I obsess if not....

Seriously, being an IF momma for 15 years, it's hard for me not to panic at every little thing :

Anyway, glad you got some reassurance today! I know how much that meant to you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page