Stupid Questions - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 09-21-2005, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We used regular detergent, as long as it was frangrance free. I don't buy into the Dreft propaganda. :LOL What a lock they got on the new mom market, eh?

I used cloth wipes with DS, since it was easier to throw everything into one pail. I loved the kissaluv wipes and we use them this day for bathing DS. I have a bunch of fuzzibunz wipes on hand from when I was a MOE consultant, but they seem so soft (no terry to grip the poopies) that I wonder if they would just smear the poop around. I guess if they dont work, i can go back and take the kissaluv wipes out of bathing duty. I found that for a poopie that required 3-5 disposie wipes, I could usually get it done with one cloth wipe. They work quite well.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 09-21-2005, 01:10 PM

I have some flannel I was planning on serging for wipes, but haven't ever gotten over to my great aunt's house to borrow her serger.

With dd I just used regular old white washcloths. They are a good size, work well, and are readily available. I am fortuneate to have a really large countertop with a sink for a changing area...everything within arms reach and I can wet the cloths in the sink and not have to keep water warm somehow.

Christa
#33 of 37 Old 09-21-2005, 01:42 PM

IKEA sells huge packs of white washcloths for cheap. They're square, I think meant to be used in the kitchen or bathroom - like washcloths. We loved em last time, I think bought them in the kitchen section.
#34 of 37 Old 09-26-2005, 01:33 PM

All kids are different. I think ds weighed almost 20 lbs by 6-9 months- then stayed there! He just grew up not out!
If you are thinking about clothes selection( I am too) things they wear do not have to FIT perfectly( like we require on us) it is better if they are bigger than smaller of course.
Ds stayed in 18 months for about a year. HE then shot up to 2T in the last month or so!
Emilie
#35 of 37 Old 11-03-2005, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

New stupid question: would fleece make good burp cloth material? I have a bunch left over from making doublers for newborn (meconium) dipes, and thought that might be a good use for it since I don't actually have any official burp cloths. I'm not sure though; fleece doesn't seem to absorb really quickly like regular cotton, so it might just make more of a mess. Any input?

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#36 of 37 Old 11-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Banned

Baby Weight
-------
Emma was 6.5 pounds at birth.
By 8 months she was 15 pounds.
By 1yr she was 18.5 pounds (making her weight triple her birth weight which is supposed to be the golden standard)
(I looked it up in her baby book.)

Lopsided Tummy
-------
Yes – my tummy is lopsided

Laundry Detergent
-------
I washed Emma’s clothes in what I washed my clothes in (Wisk, Tide or Gain and Snuggle or Downy fabric softener) and never had any problems. She and I both have sensitive skin.
I found baby detergents to be worthless; they don’t clean the clothes well at all.
#37 of 37 Old 11-03-2005, 12:31 PM

Lopsided - yes, definitely!

And to those who keep getting "you're so small", getting "you're so huge" isn't much fun either! (That's what I get.) People ask me if I'm having twins. Nice. Yesterday in the grocery store this girl says to her mother "Oh my God, that woman is so pregnant!" Like I wouldn't hear it. So, as I passed them I turned to her and said, "Yes, I am!" and smiled big.

Kylie

Expecting Lexi, my first - EDD 11/7/2005

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page