TMI question... how juicy are you??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-22-2005, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After reading the posts about water breaking, I was wondering if mine has or if I've just been very juicy lately. I thought when your water broke it was at least tinged with blood and maybe streaked with a little sort of grapefruity colored mucus. Which I haven't had yet.
I just noticed the past few mornings or after naps when I get up from lying down to standing and if I'm not wearing underwear that I get a little trickle down my leg. It really hasn't concerned me at all but I'm wondering if maybe I should tell my midwives... I'm not in denial am I? Guess I should look up the signs of PROM because I've forgotten what they are specifically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2005, 05:51 PM

My panties are always a little wetter than I'd like them to be.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:45 PM

Same here with the wet panties. Maybe you are leaking urine. It doesn't hurt to tell your midwife anyway. Good luck with that.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:05 PM

Everything is always damp (and smelly) down there. Not at all pleasant, but entirely normal. I would mention to the midwife though, just to be sure.

Also, my midwife recommends the following "procedure" to tell if you water has broken. Put a pantyliner in your panties and lay a tissue or some toilet paper on top of it, lie down and rest for an hour or two, then get up and walk around (normal activity) for 30 minutes or so. Check the pad and tissue...amnitoic fluid is odorless or sweet smelling and may be clear, yellowish, or greenish, urine smells like ammonia and is usually pale yellow.

Christa
Old 09-22-2005, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm.... clear and odorless is me. Just got an email back from my MW and we're going to do the nitrazine test next week at my home visit with them to see if it's a leak from high up that only leaks when the baby moves etc.
Thanks for your responses, I really wasn't worried, just needed assurance that I'm not some freak of nature :LOL

User Tag List