this baby is getting on my nerves - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-26-2005, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night it started. She must be laying on some nerve that is connected to my legs. Whenever I would try and walk a sharp stabbing pain would go down my legs. If this happens again, is there anyway to get her to move off it? I cant be like that for a whole month
#2 of 5 Old 09-26-2005, 05:05 PM

Is it sciatica maybe? I haven't experienced this myself so I'm not sure if there is any way to prevent it. I would try getting on all fours before bed to see if you can get the babe into an anterior position, and lessen the chance that she's putting pressure on your spinal column.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#3 of 5 Old 09-26-2005, 05:12 PM

Sounds a lot like sciatica. I hurt my back/pelvis at work during the second trimester, and had intermittent sciatica for a short time afterwards. It's a big pain- I just couldn't move certain ways without crazy shooting pain down one hip/leg. I did a google search for pregnancy back exercises for sciatica, and did exercises and stretching faithfully for a couple of weeks until it disappeared. I also used a hot pack for comfort when it was bugging me. Chiro and massage would probably help, too.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#4 of 5 Old 09-26-2005, 05:19 PM

I had that too, I was walking like I was oh...50 years older. Grandma with a bun in the oven!

I used a cold pack and tylenol, at night. By the next day it was gone.

Also, make sure you aren't lying/sitting/etc in one position all day (say at work or something), but changing position, moving around frequently.
#5 of 5 Old 09-26-2005, 05:26 PM

Could it be a blood clot? I had the same symptom during my first pregnancy, and it turned out to be a massive clot. Don't mean to scare you, but you might want to ask your doc to check it out. The test is noninvasive and painless -- just an ultrasound on your leg/pelvic area.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page