my throat hurts!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-29-2005, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it seems like i keep getting sick!!!! i have this nasty sore throat/congested nose and ears thing that i have gotten way too many times this pregnancy and i'm not sure why.......

the problem is that i have a very important event this saturday, meeting my stepson and his mother- THE ex for the first time and i do not want to miss it.......i'll post more about that later.......

does anyone know of any natural remedies that will speed up this thing or make it go away faster? i'm going to grab some emergenC packs, but i'm sort of nervous because it seems like everytime i get this gunk i'm sick for a week at least. this is HORRIBLE timing!!!!

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#2 of 5 Old 09-29-2005, 01:52 PM

zinc losenges and lots of vit c.. i have it too.. a super sore throat. blah. i just want to be in bed and its pissing rain and i have 2 boys to drag to a midwife appointment ( no car and a stroller without a rainhood.. :LOL ).. wahhh!

anyways, i feel your pain!

i find really hot ginger, lemon and honey tea helps a lot as well..sip it all day long, maybe take a thermos of it with you..

i hope you feel better soon..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#3 of 5 Old 09-29-2005, 03:01 PM

You might hate me for saying this, but if I go to the gym/for an intense walk/yoga then either I will get a very mild version of the cold (i.e. mild sore throat only) or it will pass through me without symptoms. And I live with a preschooler! Is there a drop-in prenatal yoga class in your area?

I agree with trying herbal or nutritional things (I take a dose of B-Complex), but this has really been the only thing for me that helps me to beat them off. Before this, I was sick every other week with something or another. Bleh.

Also, are you wearing a scarf whenever you go out? I know it's probably superstition or something, but my French and Chinese friends both insist that it can decrease illness. And my chiropractor. Hmm?! So I do that too.

I'm sneezy myself this morning, so I'll be at the gym this afternoon for a light workout (enough to feel hot, a little sweaty). It's that change in weather...yuck.
#4 of 5 Old 09-29-2005, 08:04 PM

I am just getting over a sore throat. Luckily it passed by without ever getting too bad. Here is what I did...
*I took Emergen-C at the first sign of a sore throat (you are already going to buy this- so hopefully it works).
*I drank my Rasberry Leaf tea with honey (because honey is a natural healer)
*I also had yogurt instead of milk because I didn't want to get all phlegmy and yogurt had good bacteria.
*I ate some chicken soup and ate an orange a day
*Lastly I took Zinc lozenges (as mentioned above).

Good luck!
#5 of 5 Old 09-29-2005, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the advice guys! i've been drinking EmergenC, and that Green Goodness juice w/ the spirulina and blue green algae and all that good stuff in it and doing the vitamins......i need to get some zinc lozenges, i'll probably do that when i go to grab some papaya enzyme tomorrow.....i'm going to try that for the acidy/heartburn loveliness this baby is causing.

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page