Pregnancy Tea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-12-2005, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone tell me how good the pregnancy tea is? I was wondering if it would be worth the money.
thank you
chastity
#2 of 13 Old 10-12-2005, 10:18 AM

It is definitely worth it! I craved it after drinking it for a while. It helps with placental quality and uterine tone, etc.

#3 of 13 Old 10-12-2005, 10:23 AM

I use the Snowboard Mommys Tea that is advertised here and its quite yummy. I received a new bag of it yesterday and was amazed that I still like the smell of it, even after drinking a huge glass of it every day for the past couple of months.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#4 of 13 Old 10-12-2005, 11:58 AM

I just had my first mug of Organic Raspberry Leaf tea last night (free samples from my Dr's homebirth practice) and I LOVED it . I didn't sweeten it or anything and I completely fell in love with the taste. It doesn't taste at all like raspberries (which is good cause I'm not a raspberry fan). In fact I think I'll make a mug right now.

BTW, I never drank this or any tea when pg with my first two. I guess this is supposed to tone the uterus in prep for birth....I'll have to look into the benefits some more, myself.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#5 of 13 Old 10-12-2005, 12:06 PM

I have been drinking the Traditional Medicinals brand of Pregnancy Tea and Red Rasberry Leaf Tea since I got pregnant. Lately I have been drinking 3 cups per day. It has a nice flavor and it is reported to tone your uterus. I would highly recommend it. I didn't have any braxton hicks contractions with my dd, but with this one I have a couple per day. That tells me that something is working and my uterus is warming up for the big day.
#6 of 13 Old 10-12-2005, 12:53 PM

ive been forgetting to drink my tea!! i really need to get moving and drink it everyday 3 times a day.. i was really concious of drinking it everyday when i was pregnant with elwynn but life is just so busy these days.. a friend just sent me some handpicked RRL from up in the mountains, so ive been drinking it and its amazing how yummy it is compared to the storebought stuff ive had.

i just buy bulk organic herbs from the local health food store ( nettle Red raspberry, oatstraw, red clover.. ect) and mix my own.. i find i like the taste better and its less expensive..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#7 of 13 Old 10-12-2005, 02:26 PM

I love Traditional Medicinals Preg. Tea- I drink tons of it. I had been making iced tea but now I'm going back to hot tea. I am addicted! We'll see if it makes any difference. AFter the baby I"ll switch to Mother's mIlk Tea
#8 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 01:12 PM

How much RRL tea are you drinking? How much is safe? I am drinking 3 cups... but I am considering increasing it to 4-5 cups. Is that too much? Or is there such a thing as too much?
#9 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 01:31 PM

i make a pot of my pregnancy blend, which has RRL but lots of other stuff as well and drink it all day. i think its closer to 4 or 5 cups of it daily and i think thats fine!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#10 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsybitsy25
I love Traditional Medicinals Preg. Tea- I drink tons of it. I had been making iced tea but now I'm going back to hot tea. I am addicted! We'll see if it makes any difference. AFter the baby I"ll switch to Mother's mIlk Tea
Ditto on both of these!!!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#11 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 06:47 PM

I like the Traditional Medicinals too - there is also another pregnancy tea by Yogi Teas, which is alright, for being all herbal and such. I also drink a lot of rooibos tea, which supposedly has pregnancy benefits as well, who knows. It tastes better to me than the other kinds.

But they are all poor subsitutes for what I really want to drink...caf half-fat double mocha latte with whip and a shot of orange, please? Mmmmm....soo hard to resist right now...or the pumpkin lattes at Starbucks...oohh, I hope this baby isn't going to have a big problem post-natally with caffeine and milk consumption like my daughter did...
#12 of 13 Old 10-28-2005, 12:53 AM

MMmmm... pumpkin spice latte. You said the magic words.
#13 of 13 Old 10-30-2005, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspaghettimama
But they are all poor subsitutes for what I really want to drink...caf half-fat double mocha latte with whip and a shot of orange, please? Mmmmm....soo hard to resist right now...or the pumpkin lattes at Starbucks...oohh, I hope this baby isn't going to have a big problem post-natally with caffeine and milk consumption like my daughter did...
Maybe I'm an evil mama, but I've never stopped drinking full fat lattes! I do get decaf or half-caf. I haven't really cut out caffiene, just reduced my intake and make sure I don't do it everyday so I'm not depending on it. Although I've been thinking of quitting now that the birth is getting closer....don't want a caffiene addict baby!

Mmmmm....can't wait for that first glass of wine!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page