is anyone else just *done* being pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am so done.
i'm not ready, my house is a mess with dishes piled everywhere, vaccuuming is not even getting done, the diapers are not sewn (maybe 3 total are done?: ) , birthing tub is not here, i havent bought a SINGLE item on my homebirth supply list...

but physically i am so over this...last week, i was like "i cant believe it went by so fast it's only 4 more weeks"...

THIS week, on the other hand i'm saying "how can i last 4 more weeks?!?!?!
i have had SO MANY uncomfortable, annoying, way-too-tight B-H contractions, i am throwing up again (and did so while driving, it was NOT safe and i had nowhere to pull over), the heartburn and reflux that suddenly showed up are hurting me so bad i can hardly move, i'm nauseas, i'm hungry but cant eat, i cant reach my feet to put on my socks, i'm cold i'm hot then cold then hot again...AAAH

i want this baby to come on its own time really. but i'm just praying it's own time is within 2 weeks, rather than the 4 i have left--at this point i can *so* understand those women who opt for elective induction (am i allowed to say that here? )

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#2 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 02:40 AM

Yep. I could hang in there for six weeks if I had to, but I'd really rather not. The thing is, I'd rather spend six weeks in hard labour than finish tidying the house
I will admit, I'm meditating on a bottle of castor oil. I bought one just in case (my first was a castor oil induction, my second came the day after I threw the castor oil away. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it - a pedicure? Artwork?- but buying it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#3 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 10:04 AM

Yeah I kind of feel the same, especially after a really bad night's sleep last night. I just couldn't get comfortable. I'm like you - I don't want to wish myself into premature labor or anything, but the thought of 4.5 weeks til my EDD or even 6 weeks if I go over just seems ..... ugghhh!!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#4 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 10:17 AM

i feel like im not ready but my body is! i have so much to do!! i still have a babyblessing on saturday and a belly cast to make and the house to finnish cleaning and food to cook and and and.. yesterday i started to really feel like baby is coming soon, so we shall see.. maybe this one wont wait for november.. im not so sure anymore!
as far as feeling like my body cant take another 3 weeks, i dont so much feel like that.. i love being pregnant (even with the complaints) and i know ill miss it..im just trying to savour the last few days/weeks with a big belly and just my sweet 2 year old..but whenever baby comes ill be ready, even if i havn't done everything id like to do..i am impatient to meet this little one!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#5 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 11:40 AM

That's exactly how I've felt these past few weeks. :
#6 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 12:18 PM

oh yes! i started feeling this way at 29 weeks! my midwife was like "already???"

actually, when the summer heat got better i became less impatient. now it kind of changes day to day...when dh is home (he's a college prof so doesn't go to the office every day) i feel like i am *ready* to have this kiddo! but when he's away and i have DS all day alone i think "i could hang in there a while longer..."

my DS was born 11 days after his EDD, so i'm trying really hard to think that i have approx 3 1/2 weeks left instead of the 1 1/2 to my EDD. trying
#7 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 05:22 PM

I have 4 weeks exactly until my EDD and I've been done for about a week now. I don't care that everything isn't ready or that I can't afford to order my birth kit for two more weeks. Let him come, who needs that stuff anyway?
#8 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 06:52 PM

Yup, I have offically moved into what I calll my "Whiney B**ch phase" We splurged and hired some people to help us clean the house, I'm just playing the waiting game now. Every twinge has me thinking "is this it?"
#9 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 07:41 PM

OH yes. I am so done. I want this kid out. I want to be able to bend over, to roll over in bed, to walk briskly, to chop vegetables comfortably, to carry things in a manner other than balanced on my head, to do sit-ups, to tie my shoes, to get off the couch without requiring a "you can do this, and you'll feel better if you go pee" pep talk in my head. I want to feel no pain around my ribs and no pressure on my pubic bone; I would like to sleep however the hell I want without pissing off my parasite and causing her to stuff her little feet up into my lungs and my digestive tract. AND I want to hold my little baby and cuddle her and feed her and get to know her and see her grow and learn and smile...

But am I ready? Hell no

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#10 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryver
Yup, I have offically moved into what I calll my "Whiney B**ch phase" Every twinge has me thinking "is this it?"
:
#11 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 09:17 PM

Wow! I feel exactly the same way. In fact, this is what I just wrote on my blog:

I’m feeling very sorry for myself right now. I’m absolutely HUGE, I have morning sickness in the evenings, I have NO energy, and I’m stuck on bedrest for another 6 days! In theory, I’ll have this baby in 2-3 weeks, but in reality I could be pregnant until the beginning of December. I just don’t know how I’ll make it that long and not be insanely miserable. I really want to meet my baby, have some energy back, be able to hold DS in my lap again (I have no lap at the moment), and get back to my normal weight. I feel guilty for feeling this way - I’m so lucky that I’m able to get pregnant when I want to and I’ve had a healthy pregnancy, and I try to appreciate the special bond the baby and I have at the moment… but I’m just physically very uncomfortable. DH made me feel better the other night when I was telling him that I was miserable but felt guilty for feeling miserable, he said, “Well, you didn’t get pregnant so you could be 9 months pregnant. You got pregnant so you could have a baby!” And, that’s true! I’m very anxious to meet the baby… and that just makes my physical discomfort more annoying. Why is it that the first four months of pregnancy are miserable and they take forever, and the last couple months of pregnancy are miserable and they take forever, and those scant 2-3 months in the middle that are lovely pass by in an instant?

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#12 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 10:14 PM

I am also so "done". I was 4 & 2 weeks early with my others and so far this one is staying put. My SIL was 3 wks early with her 1st, and by her 2nd her mother told her you're going to feel like you have a 3 week due date. That's how I feel, I've been thinking this is it since 36 weeks!

On the other hand, since I've btdt, I know that I am not going to be able to do everything on spughy's list when I give birth. I'll be dripping blood, it will hurt to sit, my nipples will kill, I won't be getting any real sleep for a while (forget position), and I won't have any time to be chopping veggies! But it'll be great!!!

Isn't it amazing how babies themselves are absolutely no maintenance while in the womb, and then afterward...whoa.
#13 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroonkles
On the other hand, since I've btdt, I know that I am not going to be able to do everything on spughy's list when I give birth. I'll be dripping blood, it will hurt to sit, my nipples will kill, I won't be getting any real sleep for a while (forget position), and I won't have any time to be chopping veggies! But it'll be great!!!

Isn't it amazing how babies themselves are absolutely no maintenance while in the womb, and then afterward...whoa.
Interesting... I felt SOOO much better after DS was born than I did the last couple weeks of pregnancy. Three days after the birth we closed on our new house, went out to lunch, and then went to Lowe's all afternoon buying stuff for the house. Literally two days after birth I suddenly had soooo much more energy than I'd had in weeks, I actually slept better at night because I was just waking up to nurse 2-3 times a night instead of 7-8 times a night to pee (ds was a good sleeper), and I was soooo excited to be a mommy! I even started taking really easy evening walks less than a week after DS was born, which I can't do now because of PTL worries - and I feel so much better when I can get outside daily. Now, I did overdo it that first month and am planning to take it a little easier this time (and not move 2.5 weeks after giving birth!), but for me life is easier with a newborn than when I'm a million months pregnant...

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#14 of 23 Old 10-23-2005, 11:50 PM
bec

OMG, I am so relieved! I thought I was just being impatient, and whiny! Only to come here to see that everyone is just like me! I have a little over 5 weeks left, and I'm desperately trying to get my house ready. I made big progress this week, but I still have a long way to go. I haven't even looked at the list of things I need for the homebirth. And I just shudder when I think about how much I have left to do!

But I just want it over.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#15 of 23 Old 10-24-2005, 01:20 AM

I'm not done being pregnant...I'm DONE with the sxs! The first time around, I was more anxious to have her OUT...for many reasons other than physical sxs. But now, with hindsight and reality setting in, truthfully...having a newborn and a toddler freaks the hell out of me!!! DD1 was SO high needs - cried a lot, nursed a lot, never slept...it really wore us out. Of course we loved her more than life imaginable...it was just really hard!

So...I'm done with pregnancy sxs...not sleeping comfortably, not being able to get off the floor/bed, dreadful hems (ugh!), lack of energy and motivation...
#16 of 23 Old 10-24-2005, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainCoastMama
.having a newborn and a toddler freaks the hell out of me!!! DD1 was SO high needs - cried a lot, nursed a lot, never slept...it really wore us out. Of course we loved her more than life imaginable...it was just really hard!
im with you there! im hoping and praying that this baby will be a bit more chill than elwynn was.. i know a lot of the drama was caued by him being tongue tied and not getting enuff milk.. but even after we fixed that problem, he still was very very attatched to me at all times ( my boob mostly :LOL ) for a loooong time.. it was hard! he did sleep thankfully, but we were still waking hourly for boob and diaper changes..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#17 of 23 Old 10-24-2005, 03:37 AM

Bizarrely enough, I'm no longer done, though I still want to sleep. I'm out of the "get this thing out of me now" stage- why? What does it mean?- and just calm and accepting whatever does or doesn't happen.
Then again, I'm also not having contractions every 5 minutes, which probably has something to do with it...

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#18 of 23 Old 10-24-2005, 03:49 AM

Fern - we're DEFINATELY going to have to keep tabs on each other and have a few sanity check-ins!
#19 of 23 Old 10-24-2005, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
ME ME ME! (Jumping up & down & raising my hand!! Um, not that I can jump up & down) Big fat DITTO to everything everyone has said. Done done done, yet don't want to rush the baby, done done done, yet still totally not even ready, done done done - want my body back!!! Want to see our baby! Want to start our new life adventure with our new family member!

Want. To. Sleep. Like, ever.

I too try to savor these days, I touch my belly allll the time & know that our (me & Baby's) time together like this is coming to an end soon, & I even remember to savor the attention I get as a big pregnant girl from DP & friends, family & strangers. I am veryvery grateful & feel blessed. But I also daydream about putting my non-maternity clothes on again! And painting my toes & shaving my legs without grunting like an ox, & not contracting ALL THE TIME! Wow, imagine life where I don't have major contractions every time there are 2.7 drops or urine in my bladder!

Yep. Done.

My dd was born at 35 weeks & my son at 40. I don't think I'll go past my due date, but I'm pretty sure I still have some weeks to go. Who knows!

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#20 of 23 Old 10-24-2005, 11:43 AM

my due date is a week from today. I need this baby out!! We have tried just about everything to get this labor going. I thought on saturday that it was going to be it. my contractions were 4 minutes apart for most of the night, but not very strong. I went to bed and when I woke up they were done :
#21 of 23 Old 10-24-2005, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

s
i'm not glad we all feel this way, but i'm glad i'm not the only one

i'm hungry but so afraid to eat..the heartburn dnd nausea have me doubled over half the time--i cant believe how bad it HURTS!, i'm staying close to home mostly for fear of throwing up while driving, and when i *am* in the car i have a bag close by
went to bil's for dinner last night and spent more than half the evening alone in one of the bedrooms in pain and feeling sick

praying it's soon

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#22 of 23 Old 10-24-2005, 05:59 PM

I'm so ready as well. I can no longer drive as my belly rubs against the steering wheel when driving (I'm 5"1"), so i have to rely on dh to do errands. He works 3rd shift, so most of the things I want done, don't get done...yadda, yadda...

I have a huge list of everything that I need to accomplish before the baby come, and we are praying that we will have money for to buy a carseat soon. All that considered, I would still love to meet this little one and have some more energy.
#23 of 23 Old 10-24-2005, 06:17 PM

I'm right there with you, Memory Maker!!! I was soooo excited that this would be the week, but after a week with no progress, I'm not so hopefull anymore! This one's really dumb, and I have a lot of bigger complaints, but I WANT A GLASS OF WINE!!! It's silly, and I would have one, but I don't want to open the bottle until I can have one or two a night and not waste the bottle Come out, come out already! I get so excited sometimes, then all symptoms go away and it's back to just big and sore again. Is is really too much to ask for him to be here on Halloween?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page