Forum Jump: 

Old 10-29-2005, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliekat
Re: names

For some reason, I just can't name this child! It feels like the last thing I have to do, and I just can't commit!

I'm afraid of picking the wrong name for this one. It's like, I don't know who this child is yet, so I can't give her a name. Anyone KWIM?
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!! Ugh. My little man's middle name is going to be Sage, that was a no-brainer for me. I've made previous posts asking opinions on names that I have since thrown out the window. I think I'm just going to stick a list of names in my bag to take with me, then wait to meet him to decide! Right now my list consists of Griffin(call him either Griffin or Finn), Oliver, Issac or Thierran(my spelling arrangement of Terran, which means *earth*).

I love Clara and Ivy, Nataliekat!!!

And I'm feeling for all of you miserable mamas right now...I've been REALLY feeling crummy the past couple of days. I could sit and list why...but it's been said a hundred times by everyone else and quite frankly, I'm just feeling too lazy to complain! hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2005, 05:33 PM

Oh, and BTW *Amy*...I think the questioning is why I have stopped even telling people IRL what names I'm thinking about! They can just wait until I've named him to know. And I think Brynn Amelia is a beautiful name!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:43 PM

People can make rude comments about a child's name and it just amazes me! I think Killian is a BEAUTIFUL name, but people periodically say, "Oh! Is that what you were drinking that night?" which I think is really innapropriate. So, I enjoy being able to (in a very offended voice) say, "No, its a family name. My husband's middle name, and his mother's maiden name. We love it." They usually get apologetic after that.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Cups
people periodically say, "Oh! Is that what you were drinking that night?"
HOW RUDE!!!! Wow.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:50 PM

nataliekat, ITA about not being able to name the baby yet! with my DS we didn't name him before birth bc my DH felt strongly that we couldn't name a baby we hadn't met. i disagreed, but humored him well, this time around, i can't imagine choosing a name from our list without seeing her! i really hope one of them fits her...

i think all your names are lovely, but lottie and ivy are my personal favorties

and queenofcups, killian is a perfect name! i'm surprised people make such rude comments...sigh! tho...my DS's name is zion and his ped asked me if we named him after the matrix!

User Tag List