Weekly thread October 24-30 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ho, hum, another week, but no more babies. Where ARE they all??
In a moments insanity, I decided to go to the consultant's appointment to have a scan done and get bullied out of a homebirth. I'm still waiting for the bullying to start... baby is definitely head down, not engaged (which I knew- he's trying to turn to anterior) and small- he reckons between 7 and 8 lbs by the time it finishes growing. Oh, and bald as a coot, so he didn't tell me anything at all I didn't already know apart from the bald bit.
This is kind of leaving me wondering why I was panicking so much- Steve was sitting in the waiting room going "why does everyone look so cross?" "Pregnancy is meant to be a good time- no-one's smiling" and apologising for making me go. We have got an appointment for the 21st for a stretch-and-sweep - which I'll worry about nearer the time (like an hour beforehand.) The doctor was lovely though- the same registrar who made me feel so bad last time, but he was explaining everything to the boys and just generally being really positive and supportive.
He thinks we're worrying about nothing with the risks of shoulder dystocia, and doesn't see any benefits at all to hospital over home for us. It was, frankly, completely mindblowing...

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#2 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 09:08 AM

Alright, I'm in labor. It's still manageable and hasn't gotten too intense. The midwives aren't here yet. I definitely felt changes going on after dh's first accupressure session with me yesterday. So we put willem down for a nap and did my belly cast . And after a nice long nap myself, I ate lunch and dh did another round of accupressure and probably about a half hour afterward I started feeling very light but very non BH contractions. We went for a walk and played on the playground and then went to Target to return stuff and after we got back home I got another round of accupressure and we started timing. They were getting stronger but not taking my breath away or anything. About every 15 min or so and lasting a minute. Watched a movie, kept timing, went to bed. Anytime I woke up (to pee or eat or drink) I felt the contractions, and when I flipped in bed they got especially strong.
Woke up this morning at 5, did the dishes, ate a little and they are getting closer, about 8-10min apart.
So the plan for today is dh is going to work in the morning but probably calling off the afternoon. I'm going up to the office to get another round or two of accupressure. Maybe I'll take ds out for breakfast, just him and me for the last time together.
I'll let you mams know if/when the baby is born!!!
#3 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Insomnia is kicking my butt. 5:06am. Torture torture torture. And I went to the zoo today!! (well, yesterday technically speaking) Eight months pregnant, waddled back & forth from the monkeys to the bats in the hot sun for hours. It was exhausting, but fun! And that was followed up by a big dinner of chinese food & a hot bath with a book. You'd think I'd be passed out hard after all that. BUT NO! I toss & turn for hours until I give up & come here.

But ANYway, yes I am surprised that we haven't met another Nov ddc baby yet, too! So many of you are so close.... any day now...

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#4 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 09:17 AM

Oh I spoke too soon!! Yaaaaaay willemsmamma!! How exciting for you! I can't wait for an update. Amazing birthing vibes to you, mama.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#5 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 10:30 AM

Yea, Willemsmama, Good Luck! I'll be thinking of you today.

Our birth tub was delivered Saturday night and it's making it so real for me, it's kind of freaking me out. We finished painting our birth room yesterday, so that's a relief. Now I can put curtains back up and make it all nice and pretty, and really feel ready.

I can't stop worrying about how Maisie is going to take all this. I'm planning to call my mom as soon as labor starts, but she's 3 1/2 hours away, and I'm terrified she won't make it before we really need someone to focus on Maisie. That would leave Tim to take care of her and not be with me.

But, my mom has a week off directly after my due date, so if I go late like I did last time, the point will be moot. Hoping to go late, but not too late.

My MIL has offered to have someone come over and clean our house. So I'll be calling her today to schedule a day. Yea! A sparkly clean house right before the baby is born, that will be great!

17 days until my due date, I can't believe it.

My mom was asking me last night if I'm dilating at all. My MW doesn't check, so I don't know. But now I'm kind of curious myself. If I make it to my 38 (almost 39) week appointment, I think I'll have her check then. I was 2 cm. three weeks before Maisie was born, and 3 cm. two weeks before she was born, so I'm sure I'm dilating. Not that it tells us anything, but like I said, I'm curious.

Anyway, that's my rambling for today.

Good thoughts to everyone, and hang in there!
#6 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 10:55 AM

Playing the waiting game here too. We sprung for Merry Maids to clean the apt so we can have the baby there. This past few months have been so stressful. Just for a recap:
1) Moved 70 year old MIL in with us. 2) We have a 1 bedroom apartment. 3) Decided to have a homebirth in the 7th month. 4) DH and I both work fuill time. 4) Had to take all 4 of my pets down to stay with my mom GA because of the space issues in the apt 5) Oh yea, tried to buy a house.
There are some days my grip on reality is very loose.

Anyway, now things have settled or settled as much as they can. The wolves aren't really at the door and while our place is cramped it is now clean. The baby clothes are washed, the birth kit assembled and now I don't know what to do with myself. So we wait. Love to you mamas that are going into labor or twiddling thumbs with me

PS Please send as many labor vibes my way as you can!!
#7 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 11:19 AM

I'm going to call my CNM in a few minutes to see if I can get in for a visit today. I've had this weird abdominal pain and my fingers are super puffy. Plus something just doesn't feel "right" KWIM? Hopefully I am just overreacting and it will turn out to be nothing - but I would like to get my blood pressure checked.

We did get a lot done this weekend around the house. And it's finally cold!!! I'm a little short in the wardrobe department right now, but I'm improvising.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
#8 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 11:20 AM

My thoughts will be with you today willemsmama and, we will be out all day, but maybe when I check back late tonight there will be some news, or who knows, maybe you will be busy bonding with your little one by that point?

After 2 nights of worse than usual insomnia, not really in terms of how much sleep lost but waking up with weird anxious feelings, kind of fearful, I had a regular restless night, which was a lot better.

Yesterday we actually did the "nursery" -- the room is pretty small so we didn't have much choice of how to set stuff up, and since I wanted my twin bed and a co-sleeper (that friends just sold us cheap) it is a little tight but it works -- it's s fun room, not really babyish -- we have 2 framed embroidered pictures of ABCs and 123s that my mom made for me before I was born, a cute print with these funky birds that DH and I bought severl years ago at a art fair, and a cool wall-hanging with elephant and turtle, made in India with different neat textures -- so we're totally ready for boy or girl and I think it looks pretty cute in there.

Friday night we bought the rest of what we could need for babe really cheap from friends (including the cosleeper and its sheets) and an extra car-seat so we can have one in each car. We also caved in and went to the dreaded and hated walmart and stocked up on depends, chux pads, other stuff like that that we need to have on hand -- my god it's a madhouse in that place.

I'm a little anxious today because my parents are in the path of Wilma down in FL, I hope to hear from them this afternoon. I must admit I am glad (today anyway) that we have a cell-phone -- I really hate them and we haven't had one 'til the other day when DH went "behind my back" and ordered 2 prepaid ones.
#9 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 11:29 AM

Quote:
We also caved in and went to the dreaded and hated walmart and stocked up on depends, chux pads, other stuff like that that we need to have on hand
Me too Plagio. I hate that place!! I didn't know they had chux pads though; didn't even think to look for them, but that's good to know.

I spent Saturday running around buying stuff too, so now I can say I really do have *everything* I wanted to have on-hand by the time she comes. Well except a camcorder, and I think that's going to be our last big purchase next weekend. I finally even ordered my sling, woo hoo!

Willemsmama, I can't wait to hear how your day goes!! I'm crossing my fingers that you will write us tonight or tomorrow with your birth announcement!

I wonder how bodogirl is doing this morning. She may be in surgery right now...!

Oh and I'm with y'all on the insomnia thing. I woke up at 4:00 and didn't go back to sleep until around 7:00. It's so ridiculous.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#10 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 11:33 AM
kel

39 weeks today - due in just 7 days! I've been sewing halloween costumes, making paper mache skeletons with the kids, and madly cleaning. I'm also pretty exhausted from waking up all night long for the past week or two with my hands fallen asleep and needing to pee and kids calling me throughout the night.

The kids all have their bets up on the calendar about when the baby will be born, and the soonest bet is still 10 days away. But maybe I'll win and have the baby right around my due date.

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

#11 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy*
Me too Plagio. I hate that place!! I didn't know they had chux pads though; didn't even think to look for them, but that's good to know.
Yes, but they are called something like "Serenity" and that brand makes a lot of pads for panties I think, so you really have to look to find the one that are just regular pads that you lay out. DH and I spent a long time staring at all the stuff in the incontinence section trying to figure it out. He finally spotted them on a top shelf, that I would never have had any hope of reaching. Good luck -- if you do go, try to go on some random weekday morning. We went on a Saturday and it was such a madhouse. I was so tired of dodging carts I had to take seated breaks at both the pharmacy section and lawway. Then just trying to find a simple thing like a squirt bottle or a basic trash bin can be impossible.
#12 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 12:09 PM

Easy delivery vibes to you, Willemsmama!

I'm good. Doing nothing all weekend really helped, but just heading off to wk this AM got me a bit swelled up again and grumpy. babe is moving a ton, but the ctx have clamed down, so that is a good thing to me.

Everything at home is pretty much ready, now it's just the baby getting itself ready. I'm 36 weeks Wednesday based on EDD, so we'd like to try to hang on till the 2nd at least and I'd like to hang on till around the Nov full moon to be better for maternity leave. So we shall see.

BTW, maybe it's kind of sacriligeous or something, but I'm wearing my bead necklace today because I thought it would just be nice to be able to think about everyone while I was at work...that maybe it would help me remember to focus on me and the baby and not on being mother hen to everyone in the office! I got one compliment so far, too!
#13 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Oh, I forgot to add that I had the most absolutely beautiful dream about breastfeeding Brynn for the first time last night. God, it was just so amazing and detailed and real!

I also had a dream that I was really good friends with Paris Hilton, and I went to hang out with her at her apartment and she told me she was working as a wet-nurse to earn extra money.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#14 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 01:20 PM

amy, thats so funny! her boobs are probably so fake

willemsmamma: ill be thinking of you today!! gentle birthing vibes to you! enjoy your last few hours with your big little one i know that when i go into labor thats what im going to do.

keep us posted! how exciting!!

i finally got the pool and pump to pump it up and hose and stuff..all i need is a net, which hopefully i wont need because i think im going to give myself an enima, dont ask me why, i just like the idea..

i still have a few things on my list to get..
*arnica cream and homeopathic arnica ( i used it all through my labor with elwynn and it was really really helpful)
* homeopathic pulsatilla..
*some oil of some sort..(why? im not sure, but its on my list )
*Ginger for compresses (but ill probably be in the water)
*chux pads and that kind of stuff ( i prefer cloth, but ill have some in case i bleed a lot)
*herbs for PPH..
a few last minute baby things..
*some organic baby wipes (i like them on hand just in case of an emergency)

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#15 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 01:42 PM

38 weeks today!!! I thought I would never get to this point!!
I got the cleaning bug yesterday and I really went to town. 5 hours of cleaning and my hips, back and legs are sore sore sore today!! But I feel like the house is ready for babies, and family to visit.

I guess that means things are coming to an end...and a beginning.
I haven't really had any noticable BH the whole time, but I "feel" like baby is close to ready. She is so big, her little feet are so big (as I am reminded when they are sticking out my side)!

DH has a huge actuarial exam on Nov 2nd. Everybody is hoping she comes on the 3rd. I'm secretly hoping for Halloween, or the 29th which is my birthday. My mom will make the two day drive from Calif to Colorado Nov 1st and 2nd and will be here until Thanksgiving (dad will fly in on the 8th). She is bringing the family rocking chair, I will be the 4th mommy to rock her baby in our very sturdy antique rocker! What background!!

Thanks for listening!
#16 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 02:39 PM

Willemsmama- Good luck! Can't wait to hear your birth story. I hope you have a beautiful birth.

Snugglebutter- I will be praying for you that everything is okay. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Well, I am 35/36 weeks pregnant. Time has officially started crawling. This weekend my mom came to visit. We had our ups and downs like we always do. She is going to come up for a few days after the baby is born. Last time I actually wanted her to stay longer than she did. This time I may be begging her to leave. Who knows. I am getting really excited about the big event. I can't wait to start reading everyone's birth stories. I made my birthing necklace the other day and it is just beautiful. Thanks again to everyone who participated.
#17 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 03:02 PM

willemsmama - good luck and hope you have a great birth!

This weekend, I went to my baby shower with my totally random assortment of friends and family. It was fun, although after eating too much pumpkin cupcake, I felt a little out of it for the rest of the afternoon. I got some GREAT stuff from my friends...and my MIL was able to hear how some of my friends had great homebirths. She was talking about how she wished I'd just go to the hospital...a friend also got my a baby bjorn potty (we went to an EC class together), which I didn't really feel like explaining to the group...it was super funny.

Yesterday, I went to an all-day birth refresher course. It was interesting, and for me, seemed to solidify how I couldn't expend all of my energy when I first thought I was in labor. It seemed like this led to some difficult outcomes to make it hurry along. I think I am in some sort of long, bizarre labor process right now anyways - lots of contractions, all the time but at random intervals, for about a week. Huh. Weird. But the rule of thumb she gave was good - when you ABSOLUTELY cannot distract yourself from them, and they are very regular, then call the MW. It was a helpful class...she also had some great tips for including the older sibling and the "babymoon."

I'm at 38 weeks now...but I'm not feeling as desperately uncomfortable as a few weeks ago. Random. However, I look forward to climbing a flight of stairs and not nearly passing out from lack of oxygen. Oh yes, I look forward to that very much.
#18 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 03:15 PM

Gentle birthing vibes to willemsmama, bodogirl, and anyone else who needs them!!!

I am 37 WEEKS TODAY!!!!! yay yay yay, nothing to prevent a homebirth now! (Except perhaps a GBS+ result... will find out on Thurs...) I bought most of my homebirth supplies on Saturday and I'll get the rest later this week.

I went for a walk yesterday and felt like crap. Tons of pressure against my pubic bone, waddling like a penguin, slowing everyone down... this is a good sign, right? Also, we ate dinner at the neighbours - a nice, leisurely dinner - and when I got up I had so much pelvic pain I could barely walk. Emptying my bladder helped a little, DH pushing in on my legs while I pushed out helped a little, but still - ow ow ow.

Yesterday I visited my friend with the triplets - charming little boys, but they are SO identical now I had no idea which was which. Usually I can tell after a few minutes but not anymore. And they weren't even all dressed the same. They were a little, um, in need of a nap yesterday too Anyway, I got another pile of clothes from her and one cute toy that I couldn't stop playing with and a pair of the Robeez that I gave her when the boys were born - I know they wore them constantly but there's very little actual "wear" on them, which is great. (Anyone not familiar with Robeez? They are the best baby shoes I've ever seen - soft, so they don't interfere with natural foot development, sturdy, won't wear out even if they're worn every day, cute like you wouldn't believe and they *stay on* active baby feet. Downside: not cheap - $30 - but second-hand ones are fine. And no, I don't work for the company )

One more week of work. Oh it will be SO nice to not go to work in the mornings!!!

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#19 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 03:22 PM

Spughy, I love me some Robeez! I think they might just be sold around here though. They have them in different places, but they're called different names (my Australian friend insists they were invented there).

I found that the chiropractor completely fixed my pelvic bone pain. I had it too until last week. I was walking like a mutant pregnant Igor until last week, not so attractive before Halloween. Although, what a great costume.
#20 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonjaW
I guess that means things are coming to an end...and a beginning.
This is so neat, I JUST typed this to my DP while sending him an email to fill him in on my MW appt I just got back from. I learned that the baby has dropped! No wonder it feels like it is IN my vagina! I'm 36 weeks on Wed. I could deliver any time. I can't believe it!

I ordered an awesome diaper bag from Ebay more than 2 weeks ago & it STILL isn't here. I check obsessively for a package outside every day, I'm so disappointed! Does Ebay/UPS stuff always take this long??

I still NEED some stuff!! I need a new hot water bottle, pads, breast pads, power bars to pack in the hospital bag for DP & the kids (which I haven't even *packed yet* because I've been waiting to pack my diaper bag that never comes!), & like a zillion disposable cameras & more stuff I can't remember. DP got a wonderful new job several weeks ago but the idiots didn't put his name in the system right or something & he hasn't gotten paid!!! He keeps telling my belly "don't come out until I get paid, OK baby?"

I'm so excited for all of you approaching your due dates very, very shortly!!

#21 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 05:18 PM

We are getting so close!!!! So cool to hear everyone getting to 35, 36, 37, weeks, etc, and starting to feel prepared for birthing!

Monique and Christy- thinking of you mamas today! Can't wait to hear news, I will be checking back often!!

Prayers for anyone in, or who has loved ones in Wilma's path, I hope they are all safe.

Snugglebutter- please let us know how things go today- I hope it's nothing or something really simple and explainable!

As for me (see my other post on the baby shower!) we had the 1st nice sunny day we've had in ages yest. so went on a long walk in the woods with the dogs to counteract all the sitting and driving in the rain the day before (now of course it's cold and cloudy today!), then I went to prenatal yoga.

Had a hypnosis session today with the birth assistant who happens to also be a hypnotherapist, so it was nice to meet w/ her before the birth. The baby told me again it was a boy, even though everyone else is saying girl!! It also told me his name is Isaac, bd 11/17, and will be 7# 4oz but who knows, maybe my subconcious made all that up! We are still completely undecided on a boys name!! Dh is stuck on Noah, which I feel is too popular around here, and I'm stuck on James, which dh won't consider for a first name, only mn. Ugh. We both like Isaac although it doesn't go the best with our last name.

Psychologically, I really feel like I'm completely in birth mode now. It's all I can think about- I am constantly wondering how and when it will take place! I am really excited to know it's going to be sometime soon and soon I will have a birth story to tell! I am 35.5 wks and our mw home visit is Sat. so I just have to get till then and I'm free and clear! I still have no impending signs of labor- very infrequent BH, no idea if the baby's dropped or not. Athough I did try and feel my cervix for the 1st time ever while pg, and what I could feel felt very mushy and soft so I guess that is a good sign!

I was a good girl today and got dinner ready so I can have it made by the time dh gets home! Other than that I haven't done much- guess I'd really better get started while ds is asleep!
#22 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 05:25 PM

Luckily I was just freaking out! My midwife wasn't worried at all. I, however, am completely worn out from all of this worrying!

Thanks for all of the positive thoughts.
#23 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 05:45 PM

Sara- I'm so glad! What was the matter?

ps. Wow, we sure are getting chatty! This thread is going to be a million pages long by the end of the week!
#24 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 06:12 PM

Sara- Glad to hear that everything is fine!!!

Monique- Lots of gentle birthing vibes to you. Looking forward to an update

Plagio- Safe wishes to your parents.

I'm 38 weeks today, but not really feeling any "signs" of imminent labour. Baby is still OP- turned very briefly on friday, then rolled back to it's favourite position. I'm waiting for a few good contractions to spin this little one around. I'm still hanging in ok- not really grouchy/rant-y/fed up enough of being pregnant to think that anything is going to happen soon. Though my feet are starting to get a bit puffy in the evenings. The accupuncturist is my new hero, since she has totally improved my backache, and threw in some points to help reduce the edema, too (and it worked!).

I spent the late part of last week playing phone tag and fighting with people in human resources/payroll trying to get the necessary paperwork for my maternity leave benefits from the goverment. Finally (with a lot of prodding from different angles) I have what I need today. So I'm off to stand in line at peak hours at the federal human resources office. At least it's a nice day for my walk down there, and I know to bring reading material. Fingers crossed for fast line-ups.

Great to hear from everyone, and I'm glad that we are all getting so close. Here's to lots of babies this week!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#25 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 06:20 PM

FSM: Australians think everything that's sold there comes from there, like they have no import industry at all Robeez are manufactured in Burnaby, BC. Yay Canada! (Although, that's probably why they cost $30CDN a pair. But rest assured, there is NO slave labour going on there ) But you can buy them all over the place - my mom said they were the new hot thing in Britain when she was there in the summer.

I just sat through THE most boring conference call in the history of the planet. And found out that my boss will be away for the remainder of my time here. Funny, he never bothered to tell ME that. :

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#26 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 06:44 PM

Well, it looks like this week is starting off way more exciting than last week! We could have quite a few babies by Sunday!

Nothing exciting to report. We had a boring weekend, but did get some housework done. I can't believe Halloween is only a week away. How can the days crawl by, but the months seem to fly?

It's such a beautiful fall here, I wish I had more energy to get out and enjoy it! We carved/painted pumpkins last night in case I'm not around to carve one later (wishful thinking!), so that was fun. It sounds like so far, everyone is having a good week, which is great. Well, except Samsmamma, I'm wishing you some good days of working from home!
#27 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 06:53 PM

Ugh. I feel like ass.
Although I am quite enjoying not getting up at 5am for work, and DP is now working a later shift so I got to sleep in until 7:30 this morning!
But I still feel like ass. My blood sugar this morning was 30. I am majorly hypoglycemic and I just can't seem to keep it from getting that low at least a few times a day. Yuck.
I have my 36/37 week appointment on Thursday and then my home visit the following Thursday.
Oh crap. I still need to order my birth kit! But I honestly don't expect this babe to come until December.
#28 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 PM

37 weeks, and no immanent signs of labour -- which is good, actually. My insurance doesn't switch over until halloween, so the baby can come any time after that. DH and I are both madly scrambling to finish end-of-semester projects before the baby appears, which is what we did all weekend rather than anything useful like cleaning the nursery, rearranging our bedroom to fit the cosleeper, or packing the birth bag. *sigh* You'd think we'd eventually learn, huh?

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#29 of 125 Old 10-24-2005, 10:33 PM

Well, I posted in my breech update thread. Been thinking a lot today. The plan is to have an u/s tomorrow to verify. I hate that. I feel like I have gone this long without invading my babies space, why now? But at least there is a reason for it. I will try moxibustion tomorrow, as well as continuing with the slant board.

I spoke with a friend who had similar issues (only she was a VBAC too since her 1st was breech as well) and that the one Dr in the area actually backs up one of the HB MWs, so he is not totally opposed to HB clients (there is so much lying and sneaking you need to do around here). So I will probably have him try a version next week.

Oh and I tried a Hypnobabies CD (turn your breech baby) that another friend gave me just now and I think I fell asleep. I woke up and the CD was not playing anymore, so who knows how long I was out. I dont know if it did anything else other than relax me, but its worth a try.

Other than all this breech nonsense, which is making me the *ONLY* 37w pregnant woman on earth who does not want to go into labor everything else is fine. I have a bunch of last minute lunch dates with friends, trying to enjoy my time while DS is in school before I have the babe. DH is at Monday Night Football tonight and went straight from work, so I have been on my own with DS all day from 7am. And we survived! Makes me feel invincible.

Well I am off to go relax in bed with my dog and maybe some ice cream. Night all!

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#30 of 125 Old 10-25-2005, 12:02 AM

Our plan is a homebirth and I find myself nervous now that I'm never going to go into labor. I had to have Pit the last 2 times and although they were natural births I'm wondering if I'll ever go into labor. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and it's the longest I've ever been pg (my other 2 are 36 weekers at 7.7 and 6.13 btw). I'm having a LOT of contrax, no regularity and constant *tension* the ole belt around my middle feeling. I'm pretty miserable and doing things like shopping and driving the kids back and forth to school has become a real effort. I pee constantly and contrax are so not fun. I guess I'm in a bit of prodromal labor with diarrhea, no regular contrax, but lots of them. I even tried Melatonin last night thinking I'd get a good night of sleep...Ha!

Up until now this pg has FLOWN by but these last 2 weeks (and I'm only 37 weeks) have been horrible (I had the flu at 35 weeks).

There is no room left at this inn. My ribs hurt, I'm stretched beyond stretched and butt is kicked! come on baby!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page