Weeks Vent - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-24-2005, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
bec

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my third baby, so you think I would have a handle on some things. You know, be an old hand at, say, counting weeks. Well, somewhere along the way, I lost track. So I went to Parentsplace.com and used their pregnancy calendar to calculate how far along I was based on my due date (which I did know). Anyway, they said I was 35 weeks (going to be 36 weeks on Wednesday). I was pretty excited that I was that far along, didn't have much time left, started panicking about the house, etc.

Then I looked a little closer at the calendar, and it turns out, that their calculator is off by a week. : I'm actually 34 weeks, going to be 35 on Wednesday. I'm pissed. I feel like I've had an extra week added to my pregnancy!

Thanks for letting me vent a little!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2005, 12:48 PM

At this point, yeah that would be a little annoying!!

Well maybe your baby will feel like you, and be ready a little sooner than the calendar says.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 10-24-2005, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy*
Well maybe your baby will feel like you, and be ready a little sooner than the calendar says.
:

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 10-24-2005, 06:51 PM

My husband really understands the idea of a "due period"- so much in fact that he has told most of his friends, co-workers, etc. that our baby is due between late October and late November. Unfortunately, people tend only to hear the first part- so EVERYONE thinks we're having an October baby, despite my "due date" not being until November 7th. Of course, I've been telling everyone mid-November to avoid the situation we're now in- where every time we are out people are surprised that I haven't had this baby yet!!!

I know my "weeks" really well, but I still feel like my pregnancy has been extended by the fact that so many people think that I should have had this baby already, or any day now.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Old 10-24-2005, 08:09 PM

My "What to Expect" pregnancy calendar is off by a week too and it's annoying. I always have to subtract to correct for it...it's saying 38 weeks today but I'm really only 37.

Actually, funny thing is b/c of when I likely conceived I probably am closer to 38 weeks.

It's all arbitrary though, it's just that the medical community has really put alot of faith in it. :

Christa

User Tag List