I can't help it .... I must Vent!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-24-2005, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else???????????

What is going on? : I am not due for another 8 days & all of my friends & family are calling to see if I have had the baby or if I am in labor.

I have ALREADY turned off the ringer & I am not gonna call people back! I think it is so rude ( I know that they are excited, but what is it that makes people call before you are even due????? ) ( that & I was 2 wks late last time & my family is ALWAYS LATE!!!!)

Thanks for letting me vent Mamas! Is anyone else in this boat ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2005, 07:07 PM

At least you are on the right track by turning off the ringer and screening calls! Like, duh, you will call THEM if you have anything to report!! Why don't you put something like that (said in a nice way) on your phone message?
Old 10-24-2005, 07:34 PM

I have a friend who said that she changed the message on her answering machine to: "Hi, you've reached _________. We are all doing great and we will call you when the baby is born. If you have a LEGITAMITE reason for calling, leave a message and we'll get back to you." And she just stopped answering her phone!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:58 AM

My mom (bless her heart) calls literally 20 times a day to ask how I'm feeling. I had to quit telling her that I was feeling changes or pains.
I always get a call first thing in the morning.

I'm with ya mama...It can get annoying. It wont be long now
Old 10-25-2005, 04:44 AM

I tell people "no, but I'm fed up. Could you do the school run for me/ take me to the pub/ pick up three weeks worth of groceries/ make me chocolate cake" and generally, I get some company, someone to whinge to and possibly even avoid having to walk the mile to drag the littl'uns home. I also have the most beautiful pregnant feet ever, because all the girls from work are obsessively massaging them and repainting my toe nails.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:29 AM
Banned

Nobody calls us... I don't think anyone cares.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:49 AM

Yeah, Mrs. Moe -- sometimes I think my mom is the only one besides me and DH who is even remotely interested in how I am doing or indulging me in talk about baby stuff like names, or just other fun stuff. My sis is younger (22) and I would like to share more of the pregnancy stuff with her but I don't hear from her often since she is busy with her own life. She does live across the country. Maybe people want to stay out of our way but I would appreciate some interest . .

So, no, I don't have the phone call problem!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:20 AM

My family hasn't gotten into annoyance mode, but I am only 35.5 weeks, so I don't think they are expecting anything soon. It's funny though, when DH's aunts or step-mom call, they sound all serious and conspiratorial: "So, *tell me.* How are you feeling?" Like, "You can tell ME - you're miserable, aren't you?" It's pretty cute.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 10-25-2005, 10:28 AM

Helen, sounds like you have wonderful friends!

I have spent so much time updating everyone with my own drama, no one has to call me. If there were no drama, I would be keeping it all to myself and trying to nest quietly, but if I dont talk to everyone about it, I will make myself crazy!

Amy, MIL always asks teh same way to me. She gets all soft and serious, "so how are you feeling." Um? Up until this weekend, hot! Other than that, just getting through each day, how 'bout you?

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
Old 10-25-2005, 10:49 AM

Helen,

Great ideas about how to address people calling with concerns. I will have to remember to ask for that kind of help when/if I start getting calls about the baby arriving. Like Amy, I am only 35.5 weeks so no calls so far. Plus, most of my freinds do not have children and they keep forgetting my due date.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
I tell people "no, but I'm fed up. Could you do the school run for me/ take me to the pub/ pick up three weeks worth of groceries/ make me chocolate cake" and generally, I get some company, someone to whinge to and possibly even avoid having to walk the mile to drag the littl'uns home. I also have the most beautiful pregnant feet ever, because all the girls from work are obsessively massaging them and repainting my toe nails.

I have to try this! Nice to know I am not the only one . I am always surprised that it is the ones that have had the babies that are the ones that call the most !

I talked to one of my sisters yesterday & with her 4th she had people that started driving by her house when she stopped taking phone calls 2 WEEKS Early & Then on top of it she was almost 3 weeks late .....It made me feel like I should Shush Up

User Tag List