Anyone else suddenly HUNGRY! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So about last week my appitite went into over drive. I'll eat a meal and be starving about 15-20 mins. later! Last night I had spagetti, garlic bread, and a salad at 6 and was hungry again by 7! I drank a large glass of water, no relief (except when I went to the bathroom afterwards ). So I made myself a strawberry and yogurt smoothy, ate a chocolate bar and munched on some grahm crackers. Then I woke up at 3 am starving again! I NEVER get the midnight munchies, what's going on here?
#2 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 01:59 PM

GROWTH SPURT!!! I've been going through cycles of no appetite to a magnanomous appetite all this month, maybe longer. And I definitely get up around 3 or 4am for a snack. It's really bad when I pop a chocolate in my mouth on the way to the kitchen but I'll blame that on the midwife who said she'd love dark chocolate on hand for the birth!!! (It's in my bedroom with my birth supplies.
#3 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 02:10 PM

My appetite has TOTALLY increased in the last week and a half. And my weight jumped 2 lbs from last week's midwife appt. (in less than a week, actually - more like 2 lbs in 3 days). And ugh, was that uncomfortable!!! I am small and all the weight goes right to the baby and I can feel her not quite fitting for a few days - my belly needs time to catch up I think. Today I am finally feeling a little better so hopefully she'll rest for a bit before she puts on any more weight.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#4 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 02:22 PM
bec

I have no idea what you are talking about. Just because I just ate a pound of strawberries, half a bag of goldfish, an Odwalla bar (or two ), and some milk doesn't mean I'm eating a lot. Hmmm, I wonder what's for desert!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#5 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 02:25 PM

ive been feeling SO hungry but them when i think about what i want to eat i cant think or anything and then i just feel kinda queezy but it does go in fits and starts.. some days i can just not stop eating.. i need something every hour or so and i wake in the night.. then i have a few days where im not so hungry..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#6 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 03:03 PM

I'm with bec and the rest of y'all. I have been SO hungry, even in the middle of the night. I refuse to get up and eat in the middle of the night, however, as I know my body will take it as a cue to wake up at the same time every night for MORE scrounging.

I haven't been hungry like this through the whole pregnancy. Yet the weight gain has slowed somewhat or levelled off.

One tip though - stay away from the carb loading. If I eat pasta, muffins, bread, I'm definitely hungry in another hour to two. I need a lot of protein to make it through 2-3 hours...
#7 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 03:23 PM
kel

Yes, I'm eating constantly now - way too many yogurts I think! I'm just having a horrible sweet tooth. Sometimes I can't even tell if I'm hungry or just bored, but I also can't seem to remember what I've eaten or when, so I just figure I better eat some more. I am SO SPACEY right now. And due in 5 days - so I guess I figure I can't gain too much more weight!

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

#8 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 03:28 PM

I'm not waking up with the midnight munchies or anything, but my appitite has increased. I just had to go shopping for the basics... kettle potato chips and Hershey's with almonds. I think it is because the baby has dropped and there is more room. I just got over a period when I wasn't hungry at all and nothing seemed appitizing.
#9 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

I get real hungry, but when I eat to satisfy my hunger - I throw up from the severe acid reflux.
#10 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern
ive been feeling SO hungry but them when i think about what i want to eat i cant think or anything and then i just feel kinda queezy but it does go in fits and starts.. some days i can just not stop eating.. i need something every hour or so and i wake in the night.. then i have a few days where im not so hungry..

this is me, too -- eating can be such a chore but if I skip out I feel very bad -- it's the worst when I am not getting enough protein. DH is good about shoving food in my face and cooking our meals. I do eat enough since I have gained 38 lbs total so I'm not worried about that, but really it can be a pain.
#11 of 19 Old 10-26-2005, 06:59 PM

Nothing sounds all that good to me, until I start fixing it and then I find myself eating half a can of kidney beans straight from the can.

I'm getting up to eat around 3 a.m. a couple of times a week. I tend to do it if my dinner wasn't substantial enough. It's funny b/c I didn't do that with dd until she was born and I was breastfeeding...I was up eating all the time then.

Christa
#12 of 19 Old 10-27-2005, 08:24 AM

I'm hungry a lot, but I've lost interest in food and all I want is milk. Chcolate milk, strawberry milk, smoothies, even soy milk. I swear, I should have lived ona dairy farm this pregnancy.
#13 of 19 Old 10-27-2005, 11:24 AM

Samsmamma, I woke up at 3:30 am last night totally craving milk. Strawberry milk sounds so good. This probably won't help you but have you ever tried the Horizon Strawberry, chocolate, or vanilla milks? They're usually for children but um...I've been known to pilfer them from small children.

Stay far away from the banana milk though. Unless you like the taste of play-dough. Then go for it.
#14 of 19 Old 10-27-2005, 02:50 PM

Uh....since I've turned on the copmputer about 15 minutes ago I've had a yogurt, a taffy apple, and now I'm working on handfuls of toasted oat bran cereal (it has a really mellow sweet taste).....wonder what I'll have for lunch?

And I've gotten up a couple of times in the middle of the night STARVING. Last night for instance. I got up at 3am, ravenous. So I slathered some peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat bread, had a glass of milk and my belly was SO happy afterward that I got to sleep another FOUR hours without having to get up or switch sides even once. I slept so good after that snack.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#15 of 19 Old 10-27-2005, 03:41 PM

Love love love Horizon milks!
#16 of 19 Old 10-27-2005, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmamma
I'm hungry a lot, but I've lost interest in food and all I want is milk. Chcolate milk, strawberry milk, smoothies, even soy milk. I swear, I should have lived ona dairy farm this pregnancy.
me too! ive drank SO much milk.. its weird because i couldnt STAND it before i got pregnant this time..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#17 of 19 Old 10-27-2005, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmamma
Love love love Horizon milks!
Oh, my! Horizon chocolate milk--early on when the morning sickness was just ending and I had to have something in my stomach to keep me from getting queasy....mmmmmm....I would wake up at 3am and drink it straight from the carton
#18 of 19 Old 10-28-2005, 01:07 PM

Yes, yes, yes - I am all about the milk. And the waking up at 3:00am absolutely starving.

Oh and if eating almost the entire bag of chocolate almonds in one sitting is wrong, I don't wanna be right. : (Hey, almonds are high in protein, right?!)

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#19 of 19 Old 10-28-2005, 01:16 PM

Yeah, Halloween candy doesn't stand a chance of making it til Monday in my house (especially the Junior Mints....mmmmm....)....I blame the candy on at least 1 lb. of the 4 I've gained in the last 2 weeks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page