why your username??? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 10-28-2005, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter
What is Bragg's, anyway? Never heard of it...maybe I would like it?
Bragg's is like very healthy soy sauce that has lots of amino acids in it; and is more watery. I find it to be very salty for me and can't ever cook with it just right, but my SIL uses it a lot and has very yummy results.
#32 of 43 Old 10-28-2005, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mmmmm.... a little braggs on rice with saute'd veggies and sunflower seeds..... mmmmmm. The secret to braggs is not to use too much because the taste can overpower.

I'm sure there's a website about it.. yep there it is:
www.bragg.com
My mom just sent me the book about their raw apple cider vinegar (which we use all the time too).

BTW Gunter, it's called Bragg's liquid aminos. oh yeah, and by the way, Gunter, for the longest time I read your name as "grunter" and I thought, well, some people moan and some people grunt. hehe
#33 of 43 Old 10-29-2005, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainCoastMama
I live on the west coast of Canada...called the 'wet coast' and 'left coast'...but I liked 'rain cost' more (it's the name of a publisher out here too - RainCoast Books). I like the sound of it.
I know people that work for/are published by Raincoast - in fact I went to a Raincoast-hosted party last week at the Writer's fest (complete with free food and booze).

I also tried a couple of names, then went with boring. Mel for Melanie, and W for my last name.

And often I eat my spaghetti with salsa- because it's easier than making tomato sauce. It's my favourite lazy dinner that I can almost be convinced is good for me. I like Braggs, too, despite the fact that I spent a lot of time trying to hate it as a teenager because my step-dad LOOOOVED it so much. (Imagine a gigantic lip-smacking man eating enormous amounts of salmon and rice with Braggs)

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#34 of 43 Old 10-29-2005, 09:45 AM

Mine is "SoggyGranolaMomma" because I lean towards crunchy in some aspects but can be "soggy" sometimes too.
#35 of 43 Old 10-29-2005, 12:33 PM

Love the Grateful Dead & my grandfather called me his bambina
#36 of 43 Old 10-29-2005, 02:32 PM

Love Greatfulbambina...sooo cute! I just switched my name b/c I originally used my e-mail address and decided that probably wasn't the best idea. Now...well it was just something to use b/c everything else I thought of was already taken! I know, BORING!

FSM...LOVE yours!
#37 of 43 Old 10-29-2005, 02:44 PM

I always wondered if people thought I was from India because of my screen name, or if I was highly savvy about beans or something.

It actually is the first two letters of everybody in my family! Come January, we are going to have to add more letters for our newest little one !
#38 of 43 Old 10-29-2005, 03:32 PM

#39 of 43 Old 10-29-2005, 09:48 PM

My username is from our pre-pregnancy list of Indian baby girl names. I had another username in mind but it was already taken, so I just whipped out my name list and found something that I liked but that we were unlikely to use for an eventual baby.

It's funny though because now it feels more like an actual name. Like, if people called me that IRL it would feel kind of normal!
#40 of 43 Old 10-29-2005, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy
Well, the thing is... I DID hold my own pretty well against the guy 3 times my size...
Ya know, you and FSM should get together. You could be the FlyingSphughettyMama.
#41 of 43 Old 10-30-2005, 12:05 AM
bec

FSM - Would you believe this is not the first time I have seen that site?

Mine's pretty boring. Just my name. Nothing fancy. It's easy to remember.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#42 of 43 Old 10-30-2005, 06:14 PM

Mine is really boring and uncreative, too...

When I first joined MDC I couldn't think of anything so I used my actual first name and birthday numbers! Then I got uncomfortable with such an obviously identifying username (esp. since I also post on my local tribe) and wanted to change it but everything I wanted was taken...

So I just randomly cast about for a word, song, phrase, etc and thought of the Itsy Bitsy Spider since ds and I used to sing that a lot...of course it was taken! But they let me use it with numbers on the end! Plus, my ds is unnaturally small for his age so it kind of fits! LOL

I am really hopeless at coming up with usernames and email addresses, most of the ones I have are just my name!
#43 of 43 Old 10-30-2005, 08:58 PM

Another highly uncreative name. It's s for my last name and I'm Kristina. I have been using this name on boards since before dd came along.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page