Anyone lose their mucous plug yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-27-2005, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did today!!! Still having irregular contrax, still feel baby "right there," still miserable but hopeful that this is a good sign! MW gave me the ok yesterday to try OJ/castor oil or nipple stim to try to get out of this stalled labor but I dread the castor oil. I tried it with DD and had contrax every 2 min then they totally petered out.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh come on baby!!!!

This is my first time losing my plug prior to active labor!

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2005, 12:03 AM

Oh cool! Can't wait to hear how things progress with you!

I haven't even been payihng attention when I use the BR- so unlike me! I just resolved to start checking the TP so I don't miss something! With my last birth I lost the mucus plug and then very quickly had the baby- like 3 hrs later!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:12 AM

Yep. Three weeks ago, and baby isn't here yet. Twon't be long, though- he'll be out by Christmas.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Wow cjbeach! I keep obsessively checking, but no sign yet. I lost mine 2 days before my dd's birth, & at the beginning of labor with my ds. So if/when I see it this time I'm probably going to freak out & assume that labor's starting any SECOND, only to have 3 weeks go by, like you flapjack. Keep us updated cjbeach!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 10-28-2005, 01:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
Yep. Three weeks ago, and baby isn't here yet. Twon't be long, though- he'll be out by Christmas.

Xmas

No, I haven't lsot my plug, and my cervix is still way far back and prosterior.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:02 AM

Wow, cjbeach! Your babe should be here, soon. You, too, Flapjack!

Christmas: I was at the grocery today and the woman asked me how far along I was. So, I said 36 weeks tomorrow. She looked at my belly and said, "No, it won't be here until Christmas." WHAT? Since she maybe did not hear me, I said, "Oh, I am already 9 months along so I don't want to wait until Christmas." She just kinda looked at my small stomach in disbelief.

There will be no waiting until Christmas for any of us, I solemnly declare.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:10 AM

nope, but someone told me in definitly having twins today

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 10-28-2005, 04:27 AM

Funny this thread should pop up...tonight I think I lost some of mine!! Now I'm obsessively checking. Last time I think I lost it about a week before labour. I've been feeling crampy/achy so...we'll see! I do want this little one out and my DD1 was early too...

I had lobster last night and that has a naturally occuring pitocin in it I think so maybe it contributed?

What's this about OJ?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:03 AM

Orange juice- convenient medium for diluting castor oil. Apparently, though, a Mcdonalds milkshake works better (for non-vegetarians) because there's so much crap and gloop and oil in there already, you'd never notice a little more. I tried an oj/co cocktail with Alex and couldn't get it down (still worked, though.)

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
Orange juice- convenient medium for diluting castor oil. Apparently, though, a Mcdonalds milkshake works better (for non-vegetarians) because there's so much crap and gloop and oil in there already, you'd never notice a little more. I tried an oj/co cocktail with Alex and couldn't get it down (still worked, though.)
ditto...totally gagged on mine as well with DD. I think I did 2 oz castor oil/4oz OJ gagging the entire way and it took 7 hours to kick in BUT WHEN IT DID... whoosh. contrax after contrax. I've been doing some nipple stim and that does help but after I get contrax going they peter out. This is what has happned to me each of my other 2 labors .... get to 4-5 cm and I'm right there (even had water break) but have needed Pit both times to get over the hump and go into active labor.
Now I've been stalled out since Fri night, had some stretching at MW on Wed, lost plug Thurs night and just woke with some DOOZY contrax so it looks like I have another day of birth ball, walking and seeing what happens.
It seems like my body is one that wants to go into labor at 36 weeks but kinda gets stuck there (and there being the equivalent of a pre-labor hell with pressure and constant irreg contrax, enough to make me way miserable... and I'm honestly normally not a miserable person )
Oh and to top it off, for some odd reason I'm having a horrible eczema flare-up....wonder if it's hormone related?

Re: the mucous plug....there was no denying what it was. Since my mw appt I'd been having a tinge of yellow mucous and some blood tinges. Last night I had gobs of yellow mucous that required a baby wipe to clean up with blood tinges, very thick. Then on my 2nd trip to the bathroom it was more of gray/yellow very thick mucous with blood tinges in it.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:01 AM

Nope not yet. It has been fun waking up in the morning with primrose oil all between my legs. Groggy me in the morning thinks my water has broken. Then I waddle to the bathroom and check. It looks like the Exxon Valdez in the toilet though a happy little oil slick. Oh the joys of pregnancy!!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:13 AM

Not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but I lost my plug gradually over several days almost 2 weeks ago - and haven't gone into labor yet!

The Dr. says I'm "very effaced", 1cm dilated, cervix is forward, and little girl is so far down that whenever she gets the hiccups, my butt vibrates!

I'll be 39 weeks on Halloween, by my *own* calculations, due Nov. 7 - Joni Mitchell's birthday.

Hang in there, I will be!

Kylie, soon to be mom to Lexi
Old 10-28-2005, 11:24 AM

Im due on monday and dont think I have lost mine yet. Unless it has come out in small pieces this time. with the other two it has come out in one big piece. All I know is that I want this baby out of me!!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:28 AM

Not me, not yet!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:08 PM

I wish : But I think that I have been losing bit by bit but I don't think that it is completely out. Hope you don't have to do the oil!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:53 PM

not i. i actually never saw anything i could count as a mucus plug with DS...is that weird? and believe me, i was looking starting at 36-37 weeks!!

re: castor oil...i did that last time around, at 41w2d...only it never occcured to me to dilute it! i just chugged the stuff it worked...about 12 hours later i woke up with cntx. i don't want to do it again, tho...nothing bad happened, i'd just rather go into labor all by my own self, you know? (of course i'm already anxious that i WON'T...lmao!)
Old 10-28-2005, 03:50 PM

Darn! I was hoping I could bring it on with plain old OJ...was so excited to read that
Old 10-28-2005, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Well I did the castor oil at 11am bLECH. It's now 4:55 pm and my constant contrax ARE picking up and it hasn't even kicked in yet (hey mommas, wash floors on hands and knees and sit rest of day on birth ball... def got things increasing with these!) MW talked again, seems like I just need something to push me over the hill to get into active labor. So I did it... HOPEFULLY this will work but I think when the contrax hit regularly and after I empty out she's going to come out and break my water.

My body must be weird because this is the 3rd time/3rd child this has happened with. Where I've been 4 cm dilated at 36wks tons of contrax, nothing regular but enough to make my life hell (can't even sleep with Melatonin) and head "right there" and just will NOT go into active labor naturally. I seem to stay stuck in prodromal labor. i even have a different midwife this time. I guess this is just how my body handles labor.

I'm really tired. I HOPE tonight is the night!! Stay or go Blake baby but ya gotta make up your mind.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:35 PM

I didn't ever notice the mucous plug, but have had "bloody show???" for 3 days now. Like brown snot, (Sorry, TMI) not like a plug. My question is, is this OK? I was excited, it sounded like labor should start within 24-48 hours of the first signs, and now we're on like 63 hours. It's nothing to worry about is it?
Old 10-28-2005, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagen
I didn't ever notice the mucous plug, but have had "bloody show???" for 3 days now. Like brown snot, (Sorry, TMI) not like a plug. My question is, is this OK? I was excited, it sounded like labor should start within 24-48 hours of the first signs, and now we're on like 63 hours. It's nothing to worry about is it?
Some people lose their plugs weeks before they go into labor. Did you tell your doc or MW anyway?

User Tag List