cramping, backache, gas pains? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-28-2005, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to decipher my body's signals. Got up around 1 a.m. with terrible and continuous gas pains. Ran a bath, ate some toast, drank some water...watched tv and paid attention to the little contractions I was getting every so often. I went back to bed just before 2 and started timing the contractions...about 7 to 9 minutes apart, not hard or long and I was sleeping through them within the hour.

I still feel really crampy this morning and my back aches. Up moving around, so contractions aren't so apparent. Also, I had two really odd weepy episodes complete with hard sobbing yesterday...just a little different from my usual crying jags.

I woke dh up when I got up for the day and told him what was going on. I called my mom and let her know that I felt "different" and I'm planning on calling the midwife in a few hours (I don't think this is a call now situation) unless things change dramatically in the next few hours.

I am trying to talk myself into believing this is just prelabor that's trying to get baby positioned correctly (since he's still mostly posterior). I'm 36 weeks 4 days today...I don't know if that's close enough to 37 for my homebirth, but this would certainly solve my backup doc problem.

christa
#2 of 7 Old 10-28-2005, 10:00 AM

Sounds like something is happening!! Every day is a new adventure now, isn't it?

Let us know how things develop today!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#3 of 7 Old 10-28-2005, 01:31 PM
kel

It sounds like warm-up to me, but keep us posted! I've been having cramping a lot the past few days, too - since the whole last month of pregnancy is basically pre-labor there are bound to be all kinds of things going on. xo

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

#4 of 7 Old 10-28-2005, 01:43 PM

definitly sounds like your body is prepping for a baby!!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#5 of 7 Old 10-28-2005, 01:58 PM

I agree, but then again, my body's been doing the same minus the gas pains for like 3 weeks now.... whine, whine.
#6 of 7 Old 10-28-2005, 02:09 PM

Well, good news and bad news. The good news is that sounds like you may be in the beginning stages of labor. The bad news is that that could last up to 4 weeks. That is what happened with my last baby, and I really had my hopes up that things were going to happen soon (this is when I was 36 weeks along), and the kid waited until his due date. I just kept getting disappointed that it wasn't sooner especailly since my first two came early. I'm only telling you this because it's a lot easier to accept that active labor may not start right away and really enjoy the time preparing for the baby to come. You never know he/she may come early anyway, but I honestly think it's better to be prepared in case its not time yet.

If it makes you feel any better, I have been going through the exact same thing (I'm 37 weeks today) and this time I am going to take that time to fix up my house,do whatever else needs to be done, and enjoy my kids.
#7 of 7 Old 10-28-2005, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Yup, I'm still hanging out with contractions every 7-9 minutes only lasting 30 seconds or so, same as they were at 2 this morning. I'm guessing prelabor, but boy am I ready for things to really get started. My lower back/sacrum aches and I've had several bowel movements, but nothing else really happening. I got a nap this afternoon and that helped alot.

I'm trying to be patient. I didn't have anything like this with dd. Never expected I was in labor even once and my water broke before I went into labor, taking all the guess work out of it completely.

We've got plans to go to a thing tomorrow (complete with pony rides, a donkey basketball game, etc...mostly equine oriented ) So at least I have something to look forward to doing. And then we are making plans with friends for our kids for Monday. I'm going to try to stay busy while get the most rest possible. My midwife goes out of town Sunday night until Tuesday night, but it doesn't matter b/c I really like her backup (it was actually hard to decide between them).

Christa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page