question for previous moms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-28-2005, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so my day is nearing (GOD I hope) I am 39 wks and my son is normally playing a soccer game in my belly but the past 2 days I have notice that he might be sitting at the bench . He is defiantely not moving like he usually does. Is that saying that right before you go into labor the baby stops moving, true? He still moves - I don't feel anything is wrong. Instead of his usual kicks it is just a squirm here or there. I need some labor vibes - yesterday I broke down sobbing that I did not want to be pregnant anymore. I am not one of those "loving every moment of pregnancy" women but yesterday I felt so trapped like I was going to be preg for ever. Please labor vibes - thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2005, 12:11 PM

Sometimes baby does stop moving the same way before delivery. I know how you feel, the last few weeks of pregnancy can be the worst. If the physical discomfort doesn't get you, the anticipation can! Hang in there!!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:13 PM

The closer you get to birth, the less room the baby has to maneuver. Especially if the baby is large, he is really cramped in there. Maybe this is how nature gets them to save their strength for the hard work ahead. Good luck - sending you easy labor vibes!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:13 PM

I'm petite and short waisted so pg has never been a joy for me either...espec this time. I'm so sorry-- I know how you feel but just know that while baby is still inside he/she is getting wonderful care!!! I found that as my kids got bigger and lower they were a LOT less active (though seemed to nudge my cervix more or get a foot up under my ribcage but not nearly as active).
Old 10-28-2005, 12:46 PM

my DS never seemed all THAT active in the womb, frankly...tho he was quite active during labor! this babe is much more active in the womb and has been slowing up for about a week now. i've heard that they slow up before labor, too, but for me at least it doesn't seem to be an immediate correlation...
Old 10-28-2005, 01:47 PM

STOP moving is bad. You should focus on feeling at least 10 movements an hour. They don't have to be NFL punts or anything but just little movements. And if you don't feel anything, press around on your belly until the baby responds.

The longer overdue you are the more important it is to pay attention to the baby's movements. They are growing very rapidly in there and could possibly squish their cord or something... trust me, I have a friend it happened to.

But yes, the baby slows down closer to labor, but it's not a sign of immediate impending labor. My baby has been moving slower for the past oh, week or two... AND I'm still friggin' pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh the frustrations of going over)...
Old 10-28-2005, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingitnatural
yesterday I broke down sobbing that I did not want to be pregnant anymore. I am not one of those "loving every moment of pregnancy" women but yesterday I felt so trapped like I was going to be preg for ever.

For what it's worth, I had these exact feelings one night when I was pg with Ds- crying, depressed, feeling like I'd be pregnant forever (and I was only 38 weeks)- and he was born the next day. Coincidence? Who knows?

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
Old 10-28-2005, 02:48 PM
kel

The last few weeks *are* the worst - esp. physically. I'm okay during the day, but at night - I'm up every couple hours btwn. trips to the bathroom and just all around pain and stiffness and discomfort. So I know what you mean about wanting pregnancy to end and baby to make her appearance.

All the books say that babies' movement slows down during the last few weeks, because obviously they're getting crowded in there! - I don't think it's a sure sign of impending labor, but you can hope! My baby has been super active throughout this pregnancy, but now moves around mostly in the evenings. I don't stress about counting movements per hour, and honestly it probably would stress me out because she doesn't move around regularly each hour. But I know the approximate times she is active and if I don't feel something then, I give my tummy a few rubs until I get a kick - and then feel guilty for waking up a sleeping baby!

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

Old 10-28-2005, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all! Sometimes I feel like woosie for breaking down like a two year old throwing a tantrum : It is just so fustrating. I am so happy to be able to communicate with women who are going through all of the wonders of pregnancy together. I'll stop before I start to cry again
Old 10-28-2005, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemsmamma
STOP moving is bad. You should focus on feeling at least 10 movements an hour. They don't have to be NFL punts or anything but just little movements. And if you don't feel anything, press around on your belly until the baby responds.
Wow. I've NEVER consistently felt ten movements an hour with this baby. When he moves, he MOVES, though, so I'll feel ten movements in 30 seconds. But don't they sleep for long periods of time, so you shouldn't feel ten movements every hour?

Sorry... baby is suddenly measuring small and I think I'm freaking out.

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.

User Tag List