Talk about tired!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-28-2005, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not usually nap type person, but man I am lately. Yesterday, I took 3 naps, and today I have taken 1 so far, and ready for another. I really have some things to do, and I just can't get the energy to do them. I don't remember having to sleep all the time with the other kiddos--well, maybe I'm just getting old!

Anybody else just want to go to sleep all the time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-28-2005, 03:09 PM

yes! id like to lie in bed all day reading and sleeping.. sadly its not going to happen today, or tomorow.. but maybe sunday will be my day of rest! maybe baby will come monday when im all rested up.. if only we could plan these things, huh?

i do tend to lie down with elwynn when he naps, but lately ive been trying to do all of the things i havn't had a chance to do.. its important to remember to rest though because its good to have energy when you do go into labor.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#3 of 10 Old 10-28-2005, 03:55 PM

Around 3-4 is when I get dog-tired. I try to get DS to watch a video then so I can doze next to him on the bed. But those darn videos are way, way too short... Just when I feel like I am dozing off its over and he is ready to play some more!

I think tomorrow when DH is home, I might take advantage and actually take that nap I long for!

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#4 of 10 Old 10-28-2005, 04:10 PM

Oh I am SO looking forward to daily naps. I just have one more day of work after this one, then I am free to nap whenever I want. And I know it will be the last time I am able to do this for, like, 20 years, so I will enjoy every second.

Night-time sleeping is more like a chore than a rest now. Get comfortable, start to doze off, wake up choking and spasming with Blobby-feet pushing up on my diaphragm, turn over (ow), start to doze off, realize I need to pee, get up, go to bathroom, feed cat, go back to bed, can't get in on the comfortable side so go back to sleep in same position as original, repeat from start... naps just work better, somehow.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#5 of 10 Old 10-28-2005, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy
Night-time sleeping is more like a chore than a rest now. Get comfortable, start to doze off, wake up choking and spasming with Blobby-feet pushing up on my diaphragm, turn over (ow), start to doze off, realize I need to pee, get up, go to bathroom, feed cat, go back to bed, can't get in on the comfortable side so go back to sleep in same position as original, repeat from start... naps just work better, somehow.

I think so too...naps are better b/c if you wake up after an hour with any of the above annoyances you don't think much of it, after all it was just a nap right? And you slept a whole hour! The waking every hour thing at night just isn't fun at all. I'm so glad when I get a 3 hour stretch...and I imagine I'll be just as thrilled with those 3 hour stretches the baby lets me have too.

Christa
#6 of 10 Old 10-28-2005, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy
Get comfortable, start to doze off, wake up choking and spasming with Blobby-feet pushing up on my diaphragm, turn over (ow), start to doze off, realize I need to pee, get up, go to bathroom, feed cat, go back to bed, can't get in on the comfortable side so go back to sleep in same position as original, repeat from start...
Word.

I have been **so** tired today and that was after a pretty decent night's sleep (only up twice to pee, made it all night without eating, yippeee!).

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#7 of 10 Old 10-28-2005, 10:58 PM

I was really tired too until the MWs tested my blood and found out I was slightly anemic at 36 weeks. The extra iron supplementation in the past two weeks has made a HUGE difference in my energy levels and even sleeping at night. They said my levels were low, which could be a normal part of pregnancy in the third trimester, but in combination with paleness and fatigue...
#8 of 10 Old 10-29-2005, 12:14 AM

Count me in for being tired. I sleep about 7 hours at night now and take one nap a day, but it is hard to sleep. I am taking extra Iron, so I know it isn't anemia. It is just 9th month exhaustion doubled with chasing after a toddler. My toddler has become a nudist by the way and I just don't have the effort to fight her to put the clothes back on sometimes.
#9 of 10 Old 10-29-2005, 09:04 AM

I can't stay up at night to save my life. I'm so tired. I'm useless when I get home from work and then useless on the weekend because I'm playing so much with Sam! I'm up hourly or so to pee (and realized that each time I have to pee at night I'm having ctrx, light ones but still).

At work they've made a deal with me that next week is my last "real" week where I'll turn everything over and then after that if I make it in, great and if I don't, also fine, so hopefully I can spend some time at home in bed!
#10 of 10 Old 10-29-2005, 10:08 AM

: ......... :yawning:...........

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page