They just threw me a surprise shower at work... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-28-2005, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was totally stunned. I mean, who has a shower for a 2nd time mom?

They got me the Ergo Baby Carrier with the infant insert and the caryring pouch and the backpack, and also two outfits and a picture frame. And some yummy cupcakes.

I am still shocked. And embarrassed! But also happy! it is just crazy!
#2 of 5 Old 10-28-2005, 05:52 PM

Awwwwww, that is SO nice! I'm so glad they had a celebration for you! Doesn't that make you feel great. Yay on the Ergo carrier!!And I just love surprises!

I don't know what to expect at work- they didn't do anything last time, although afterwards they did give me a few gifts at a luncheon they were already having for another reason. This time, since I am quitting the job, my boss did say something about having a going away party/baby shower so who knows....but I would hope, honestly, that after being there almost 4 yrs and working my butt off and losing tons of sleep over this job, that the least they would do is have a potluck- they do usually have a big party or lunch for anyone who leaves!
#3 of 5 Old 10-28-2005, 06:53 PM

Oh wow! You have awesome co-workers! The Ergo is a fabulous gift !!! You're so lucky!
#4 of 5 Old 10-28-2005, 06:59 PM

What a nice surprise - and an awesome gift!
#5 of 5 Old 10-28-2005, 07:52 PM

yeah I get that sort of embarrassed feeling when people get me stuff by surprise. How exciting! And bonus on getting things you'll actually use.

I wondered about the whole no shower for 2nd time moms thing. I know lots of people who have (including me but it was supposed to make up for the fact that I didn't have one the first time around).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page