Help Me Please!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-29-2005, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so I am 37wk and 2days. I have been to the hospital 3x and each time sent home. I have been in labor since Sunday off and on Strong Contrx but not effective enough to push me past 2-3cm. The last hospital visit was last night and it was so painful I was crying and just needing this little one to get out. I got to a solid 3cm but I wasn't dialating enough for them to keep me. I couldn't walk and barely talk. My contrx were coming every 2-3 min. I am at my witts end!!!! I am trying to VBAC but if they would have let me have a c-sec then I would have said yes last night. Horrible I know!! Well anywhoo . . . they sent me home with some pain killers Lortab I think and I was so miserable last night I took just 1 but now here I am stuck feeling like I have to start over again to be as strong in labor as I was getting to last night. I am starting to feel pain again now but I am so discouraged that I will be in pain forever with no baby!!! I have been walking, sitting in massage chairs (at the mall) sex (as much as I could handle), more walking, trying to rest, I am out of ideas. I tried the castor oil thing with ds#2 but all I ended up with was a raw butt and no baby. I have bad roids this time so I am not to keen to want another raw butt (although anything at this point is tempting) Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me. I know its a waiting game but I am starting to become desperate for relief. Labor in itself is tiring so a week full of it with no end result is so horrible. HELP PLEASE!!! There has to be a way to help my girl come out. I feel like my body is an old car that you keep trying to start but won't and then finally it goes. When is my go. I was early with ds#2 so I figured with all this labor she would be too. I can't hold on much longer. If I can get to 4cm then they will admit me because I will have shown that my contrx are being effective enough. Is there any hope?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2005, 07:32 PM

Well I dont know if this is any help, but I would try to rest and relax as much as you can. See if you can get a sleep aid and take some nice long baths to help you relax while you can.

Also, a lot of prelabor is the babe trying to get in position, so check out spinningbabies.com and see if any of those exercises help.

Sorry this is so hard for you! I hope labor kicks in soon for you!

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
Old 10-30-2005, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, as far as I know she is in position because I had an u/s Tuesday and she looked right. I have calmed down from my frantic needing to hurry and not be in pain. I figure that I will stop helping along my contrx when they come on strong. I usually start to walk or move aroung to help it out but I decided I will just try to stay as calm and at peace as I can and enjoy each moment of belly bonding I can until I can see her. Plus having a new baby and a girl at that will change this house full of boys so I am trying to give them as much attention now before she comes. Its hard to keep this peace when I start having pains but I will try. I feel like she will be in there forever but I know she will come soon enough. Thanks all for listening to my VENTS!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 01:15 AM

Willemsmama and I are going through this lots (come and join the pity party )
My take on it: first stage labour isn't just about dilating to ten, it's also about aligning baby perfectly to glide through the pelvis. That quarter of an inch can save you half an hour in second-stage labour (my first was a 14 lber born with no pushing. The reason? 6 weeks of regular niggling contractions. There's no way thats a coincidence.)

Hang in there, you can do this

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:49 PM

I can't offer any advice (though I've been trying to relax and just go with it too and that seems to help) but I'm going through the same thing.

Almost an hour of 5 min apart close to a minute long good strong ctx last night, and then suddenly they were just gone.

It's causing some pretty weird anxiety dreams too...like I dreamed I had an exam but I wasn't sure when it was and couldn't figure it out. Waiting is *so* hard!

Christa
Old 10-30-2005, 03:58 PM

have you used the bath/tub/shower? i find water to be sooooooo therapeutic during labor, perhaps it might help relax you...
Old 10-30-2005, 07:01 PM

Maybe this will be of no help, but anxiety and stress can really hold your labor back. So I would do all of the MOST relaxing things you can think of- take a shower, light some candles, put on some good music, eat something yummy, have a little wine, get close with your dh, watch a funny movie, make sure there is nothing in the way mentally or emotionally, and just think about how great it will be, seeing your new baby soon!

Looking forward to reading your birth announcement!
Old 10-30-2005, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the encouragement. I am trying not to stress and be more calm because I was thinking the same thing that I might be slowing down my labor. I also was reading alot on the net and so I think it has been because my cervix is still postierior. Well thats what I thought before bed last night. All night I was in pain. It started out as me not being comfortable about 2-3 hours before bed and then I tried to soak my feet and finally gave in and laid down. I was in and out of sleep all night feeling something partially similar to period cramps but more pain and different in some way. My back was tight my front was tight I felt crampy and pains and by morning after all that and getting up and down to pee all night I can definitely feel more pressure and pain in my pelvic area. I have been having contrx all day today and me and dh went for a nice walk that half way through turned into misery. I came home and of course I couldn't just shower and lay down . . . NO I had to rotate my laundry and fold and put then next load away and then I could shower and lay down. I tried to nap but I am so uncomfortable and my contrx are still coming but they aren't getting worse than my last bout from the hospital so I am not going back until they are. I am tired of being sent home. Hopefully by the time we do go to the hospital she will be ready or near ready to pop on out. I am trying to hang in there and rest as much as possible (ie. sjowers, baths, massages from dh, watching tv/movies, trying to indulge in tasty treats(not too hungry), and enjoy my monkey boys )
It will be SOON right? Keep me in your prayers and thoughts. Send me birthing vibes and I know I will be posting my birth and pics soon!!!
LOVES AND HUGS
Christina

User Tag List