my baby moved - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-29-2005, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
after being in the perfect position for weeks, my baby is now posterior, and i could tell something had changed in there, because i've been having a lot more movements all around the front and sides of my belly, and pain under my right rib. we found this out during my appointment on thursday, as well as the fact that i'm dilated to 2 cm and my cervix is anterior, so the mw said the baby's head is RIGHT against it.........i delivered angela OP and am really nervous about this baby being that way as well.....it was such strong pain with no breaks in between because of her positioning........

i'm trying not to worry.........but........last time i had an epidural and it was still non stop pain.........i'm having a medication-free birth w/ a mw and doula this time.......and i guess i'm kind of panicky.........

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#2 of 10 Old 10-29-2005, 08:29 PM

Many positive vibes to you. No two births are the same, nor do they feel the same, so just because he moved doesn't mean it will be like last time...

#3 of 10 Old 10-29-2005, 09:40 PM

Try to sit indian style on the floor or use a birth ball. Do NOT sit on any soft cushiony services like a couch. When you sleep at night sleep mostly on your left side. These are all from my MW & my baby is now in better position
#4 of 10 Old 10-29-2005, 09:55 PM

I hope for your sake you don't have to go through an OP labor again. Beansavi is right on the money
#5 of 10 Old 10-29-2005, 11:25 PM

I just had the same thing happen. Nate was posterior until transition and that was not a fun labor. This guy was great until last week and I woke up and had a deep belly button again. Sure enough, when I went to the midwife, he was posterior. Ugg. In addition to the above mentioned things, try spending time on your hands and knees whenever you can.
#6 of 10 Old 10-29-2005, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansavi
Many positive vibes to you. No two births are the same, nor do they feel the same, so just because he moved doesn't mean it will be like last time...

I agree!

Does the spinningbabies website have info on posterior babies as well as breech? maybe there would be some good info on there for you!
#7 of 10 Old 10-30-2005, 12:40 AM

Crawling on your hands and knees and walking up stairs two-at-a-time are supposed to help a lot.

Good luck!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#8 of 10 Old 10-30-2005, 01:01 AM

Maybe your baby turned posterior because that's the way he fits best? Since your last baby was OP as well, it might just be the perfect position for you and your baby. Your baby turned posterior, and brought himself low and on your cervix.
Since you are having an un-medicated birth this time around, there will be lots of things you can do to minimize the discomfort of back labour. Hands and knees, sitting, walking, squatting, counter-pressure, hot or cold compresses, anything but laying on your back will help!
I found laying on your left side, right leg bent high (bring your knee towards your chest) and propped with lots of pillows, while someone gently rocks you helps babies to rotate during labour as well.
Don't worry too much, there are lots of ways to ease your discomfort and have a nice birth!
#9 of 10 Old 10-30-2005, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

thanks everyone for the input! i have been sitting on the floor indian style tonight, and tried the hands and knees thing a bit last night, but it is kind of hard with this heavy belly trying to pull me down.

my midwife said something similar about how it may be that is the most comfortable fit for my babies with the way my pelvis is shaped, and that we could work with it during labor and to relax.......i guess i am trying to acknowledge the fact that this is causing some fear and anxiety for me, when i felt calm and powerful up until this point. for some reason i just assumed this wouldnt happen again........but you are right, i won't be strapped down laying on my back like last time, so perhaps it will be a much better situation.........

i'm having contrax again, so i'm going to go lay down. dh is three hours away, playing this big halloween rave and it makes me so nervous with him such a long drive away, but we needed the money, so he went. as long as this baby stays in past sunday, we'll be okay.....i just can't imagine him *missing* it.....

again, thanks for the encouragement you guys. i just can't seem to stay relaxed for long....

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#10 of 10 Old 10-30-2005, 08:03 AM

I have been paranoid about that position because that's how I was born (never turned) and my mom has always told me how long and terrible her labor with me was. My sister turned right before she was born. Anway, this has led me to be constantly checking my babe's position. The babe has been on the left side, not posterior for the last months and I have been thrilled, then, right AT my last MW appointment (after my weight and blood pressure were done, before the MW came in) the babe put it's back over the to right side. DH could see the huge motion through my shirt. The MW came in and I told her, and she INSISTED to that all that mattered is that the babe is HEAD DOWN and that they move around all the time -- she wouldn't even have any of me worrying about it. By later that day, babe was back in the normal left position. So, he may move back soon, in labor, not not, but according to my MW that's just fine (I know it's kind of hard for me to accept, too . . )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page