time change messed me all up, stress, etc - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-30-2005, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I even stayed up late, but the AM light pouring through the window at 6 just did me in. I know I'll getback on schedule for a while, but it's still frustrating to me.

That and having Sam climb into bed around 4...he was having bad dreams. Then again, so was I. He's been a handful recently. I know my SW says there are the terrible twos and then the ferocious fours, and that's where we seem to be right now. We had a nice day yesterday - got him a halloween costume and everything - but then he was just tough at home. He tends to be better when there is just one of us around (me or DH) because then he isn't competing for attention with the other one of us. I can only imagine what it will be like when the baby comes. He does call it "our baby" all the time, which is great, but we still have to see.

Then I was having major league work stress dreams and also some baby stress dreams. I'm in the phase of, oh my gosh, what if something is wrong with the baby. I feel like I've had that a little too much during this pregnancy...I was freaked out till my 12 wk sono, nervous at the 20 wk until I saw all the little body parts, and now again I'm having free floating anxiety that the baby has two heads or a tail (which is all silly) or else stressing about things I can really do nthing about and that aren't really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, like worrying about blindness or deafness or other things like that, or on the other hand worrying that something is going to happen in labor and the baby won't survive. I know this stress is no good for me, and it makes me want labor to start NOW because I'm not at all stressed about delivery the baby and I'm at the stage of really wanting it out of me so I can meet it and take care of it.

Of course, most of my baby dreams are all quite lovely - dreamed last night that we had a lovely boy - who came out able to speak in whole sentences. That was trippy.

Thanks for listening.
#2 of 4 Old 10-30-2005, 02:14 PM

I had no idea what you were talking about until now
Yeah, the time change is really screwing with me too... I've been having weird sensations all day and I feel like I'm going to pass out so maybe i'm going into labor and my sense of time is going with it too.... yeah right
#3 of 4 Old 10-30-2005, 04:40 PM

LOL, I was going to post about the time change, too! Last night dh mentioned it and I hadn't even heard a thing about it! But then I forgot to change our clocks anyway. So I set my alarm for 7:30am since we had to volunteer at church today. I got up early after a horrible night's sleep, and what do you know, I could have slept an hour later!!!! What a waste of an extra hour!

So I took advantage of being up early by making blueberry muffins so we'd all have a good breakfast and so I could freeze some for later. It was nice to have a little time by myself, but I kept thinking that I really needed another hour in bed!
#4 of 4 Old 10-30-2005, 07:57 PM

One spring I was getting ready for a concert when my director's bf called me in somewhat of a panic. "Where are you? They are just about ready to go on!" And I responded, "I'm on my way out the door. Actually, I'm early, what do you mean they are ready to go on?" To which he responds, "The time changed." And I say, "What!?! Why didn't someone call and tell me."

And he says, "No, the time changed!" And I finally got it.

Daylight savings time can really mess with you. We've eaten and slept later than usual all day, even when we should've been hungry and sleepy earlier than usual. It will take a week, at least, to get back on track.

Christa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page