Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 11-01-2005, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2finn
We both like Finn Willem....
*eek* I love it!!! (of course I would... )
#32 of 39 Old 11-01-2005, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Driftless Region of Iowa, on a beautiful little farm.
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Thanks!! I thought you might like it
It really is a nice way to honor my g'pa and at the same time not sound really old-fashioned!! It's definitely a favorite around here!!

#33 of 39 Old 11-01-2005, 06:54 PM

well my days of happily letting baby grow as much as she wants is over. I checked my bp at the walmart today and it's suddenly through the roof! Plus i've had some other symptoms of pre e that alone weren't bad, like swelling, weight gain (pretty signifigant) and temporary vision problems, but in conjunction with the super high blood pressure all of a sudden, I'm nearly certian that I have pre-e. So we're going to try every natural induction method known to man today to try to get her out ourselves. If nothing works I'll have to go to the hospital and be induced. It's quite scary, but it's much better than me or the baby dying. Hopefully I can post back here with a happy birth story!
#34 of 39 Old 11-02-2005, 01:02 PM

Momma2Finn: I Love Finn Marley! I was on a quest for names meaning *peace* as well and two that I found and liked were Oliver & Solomon. I also really like that Solomon can be shortened to Sol which is *sun*!!! Isaac, another that I like, means *he will laugh*...I thought that was great.

*Amy*: Did anyone ever shorten your high school sweetie's name? If so, to what? I love Terran/Thierran, but wouldn't want anyone shortening it to *Terry*...ick.

Regardless, Griffin (Finn) Sage is what I keep going back to OVER & OVER & OVER...think this little guy is trying to tell me something???!!

Bailey: Good luck to you in your natural induction attempts...I'm sending good labor vibes!
#35 of 39 Old 11-02-2005, 02:26 PM

Hey fellow October/November DDcers:

I was due Oct 29th, but the beat goes on. I am trying to relax into it now. Fighting it is futile. The up side of a delayed birth was getting to enjoy Halloween with my 2 /1/2 yr old, completely fun and silly. the doctor scheduled induction for the 11th so we will start trying to naturally induce by this weekend.The whole "induce" thing scares me. I am 3cm dilated and apparently the cervix is soft, so, they say, when labor it begins, it should be fast and furious.
It really helps to hear all your stories...the humor keeps me going, the names are awesome...we think our son will be Aiden Ambrose or Aiden Zack. Both of the middle names are based on grandparent last names (an honoring thing).

Good luck to all of us, may we each have babies SOON!
#36 of 39 Old 11-02-2005, 02:42 PM

Maschultz...Welcome!! Love Aiden Ambrose, what a magnificent name!
#37 of 39 Old 11-02-2005, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Driftless Region of Iowa, on a beautiful little farm.
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Bailey228- are you doing alright? I just read your post from yesterday...keep us posted!!

Peacefulmommy-
My brother suggested the name Oliver last week, I had to give it a second thought...but I'm fairly sure this baby will be Finn! I didn't know Isaac meant he will laugh, that's really cool!

maschultz-
induction *YIKES* good luck with trying to induce naturally. I'm facing the hospital induction squad tomorrow....AHH!!!

#38 of 39 Old 11-04-2005, 06:03 PM

momma2finn-how did it go with the induction Squad?

How about the rest of you October folks? I am still waiting, getting a bit calmer about it all...My NST went well, all still healthy...the 11/11 induce threat date looms but hopefully won't be necessary.

I wonder if my fears on this second go-around are slowing down this process for me. I wasn't really scared last time...this time I am and feel silly for worrying when last time only took 8+ hours and went relatively smoothly.

Perhaps I should have gotten a doula again...
#39 of 39 Old 11-05-2005, 01:26 PM

Just as this baby took her sweet time deciding to finally go into labor, she's taking her sweet time actually comming out. I'm going into my 3rd day of labor now. It's comming slowly but surely.

momma2finn- yes I'm curious too, how did it go? Are you holding your little baby yet?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page