Mothering Forum banner

Hello November...Good Bye October

2K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  maschultz 
#1 ·
Hi November Mommas!
I'm soon to be one of you, so I thought I'd jump in and meet you all! I was due on 10/24...just one of the many Oct mommas that is waiting *oh so patiently* for my baby to get here. I guess I have a few hours of October left, but Finn seems to like it right where he is.

I've been lurking in your DDC for a week or so now...Congrats to all the Nov. Mommas who have already had little ones!! Hopefullt I'll be joining you soon. Nice to meet you all!!

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome! ive been lurking in october for months, so im sure we all know about eachother ..i can only imagine its a bit frustrating waiting, but sooner than later you will have that wee babe in your arms! make yourself at home here! even if only for a few days

#3 ·
Welcome Momma2Finn! I, too, have been lurking in the Oct. thread and quite honestly have been more of a *lurker* than participant in alot of the Nov. threads! Got a late start and I can sometimes be just too lazy to post!

Anyway...sorry for babbling...WELCOME!

BTW...Is Finn going to be your little one's full name? Griffin is on my name list, but I would shorten it to Finn! Just curious!

#4 ·
::snif:: ::sniff:: well momma2finn...I guess since you jumped over here, I'll tag along. No october baby for me
. I've been lurking here for the past week as well, reading about all the lucky mamas who got to have their babies before their due date. I was due on the 11th, but we weren't too sure, so it looks like that date wasn't correct. I could have been due as late as the 25th. So take your pick. How late am I? haha the world may never know. I'm trying to stay optimistic, really I am....

#5 ·
Welcome October Mamas!!!

Hehe, I was *supposed* to be an october mama but I joined this thread because I know how comfy of a womb I have... I'm 8 days over.

Bailey228... YOU ROCK!!!! 20 days "over"...
good job growing that baby!!!!!!!!

I keep telling myself I'd rather have a plump, healthy baby rather than a skinny one covered in cheese before my date but I'm definitely ready!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by willemsmamma
Bailey228... YOU ROCK!!!! 20 days "over"...
good job growing that baby!!!!!!!!

I keep telling myself I'd rather have a plump, healthy baby rather than a skinny one covered in cheese before my date but I'm definitely ready!!!!!!!!
LOL I don't think she needs to grow anymore. My family always has 10lb+ babies. I can only imagine how big she's gonna be with her being so late. I completly agree, I'd much rather have a big healthy baby than one born too early and covered with "cheese" as you described it!

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bailey228
How late am I? haha the world may never know.

At least we can still make each other laugh! Plus, 20 days makes for a great story! I would keep with that date - just think, you could go another week and tell people you were a month overdue!! (Wow, that sounds crazy even to me!)

Don't worry momma, we'll get there. Eventually.

#8 ·
peacefulmommy (love the name!)
Finn is the planned name...although we are undecided about whose last name he will have...mine is Lynn so Finn Lynn will probably not happen! DP isn't thrilled about Finn, but has only given silly suggestions like Esteban. I mean I like the name but this kid will be pale white with swedish/german relatives...Esteban just won't fly.

I think Griffin is a very cool name. It achieves the Harry Potter connection I like without sounding too magical!! What are your other favorites?

#14 ·
Hi, November mamas and the October mamas who've switched over...

I'm another October mama that had been occasionally lurking over here on the Nov DDC, 'just in case' since our EDD was 10/22. I'm jumping over here too, now!

Nice to see you, momma2finn and bailey228, and nice to meet all of the Nov ladies.

Happy Halloween!

#18 ·
Momma2Finn: Yeah, Esteban is a cool name, but I would definitely feel wierd using it for a fair skinned baby! Griffin Sage was my first choice, but for some reason I've still been waffling on Griffin for months. I always seem to come back to it, though, especially since I equally love Finn as a nickname. I originally came up with the name b/c of the Griffin & Sabine books...love 'em, but I like the Harry Potter-esque sound to it, too! The other names on my list are Oliver, Milo, Isaac & Thierran. Thierran is an alternate spelling of Terran, which means *earth*. I'm huge on the meanings of names, which is why I like it. What are you thinking of as a middle name?

Sarahcecile, what's your middle name for a boy? If it helps anybody, the girl name I had picked out was going to be either Amelia Sabine or Amelia Simone. It's up for grabs!

#19 ·
Welcome Oct ddc mamas! I too have been totally lurking at the Oct ddc for months. In fact I've probably read every word of it, just as I have my own ddc!!
I'm excited to have new ddc members & look forward to hearing your birth stories, *very soon* !

#20 ·
Welcome, everyone! The more, the merrier. And take comfort in knowing that this will be the last DDC that you join- no way you guys are going to be pregnant in December!!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and hearing your birth stories.

#21 ·
Wow! Nov is an exciting forum ladies!! Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Peacefulmommy-
We haven't narrowed a middle name down yet...I like Finn Marley, DP isn't crazy about it! We both like Finn Willem or William (my gp's name)-but I really like Finn Marley!! In fact, I'd almost use Marley as the first name, but again, DP isn't too fond of it. (Sometimes I just want to say OH WELL-too bad for you)
Terran is a great name I think, I also like names with meaning. I really wanted a name that means or implies peace-but couldn't find any I really like. Pax just doesn't do it for me!
I gotta say though, you and SarahCecile really made a good choice with Griffin! I love that name!!

Oh and Simone is such a pretty name!! Too bad I had an US today which totally confirmed that I will soon be Momma2Finn!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!

#22 ·
1 and a half hours until midnight...looks like I'm having a November baby, too. Hi again to all of the other patiently waiting mamas, and hi to all of you other Nov mamas!

Finn is a great name, BTW, and so is Griffin! We are planning on Spencer, the meaning is pretty mundane, but we love how it sounds!

#23 ·
Welcome October mamas!!!

I lurked a bunch on your thread and know one of the Oct. moms IRL who had an unplanned unassisted b/c her babe came so quickly. Look forward to getting to know you better and sharing birth stories soon. Sooner for you than me as I am not due until the end of Nov. and we know the week we got pregnant.

We have two first names picked out that are gender nuetral (at leas to us, they are). The kid may end up with three different middle names b/c we cannot narrow it down to one. It's a really big deal to have to name something.

#24 ·
Welcome October mamas!

Melissa Honeybee, I love the name Spencer too. It's my doggie's name.
She's a girl though, so everyone always says, "HER name is Spencer?" I can't explain it; it's just the name that came to me as I was driving home with my little teeny puppy in my lap.

Bailey228, I think you have chosen a beautiful name!

Peacefulmommy, Terren was my high school boyfriend's name. Everyone thought it was really cool, and he was definitely the only person any of us knew with that name. It was kind of funny too; my high school best friend's name is Terra, so I was always surrounded with earth energy.

#26 ·
welcome, oct/nov mamas! happy to have you here

i love all the name discussion...names are very popular in my family, we talk about them even when there's no baby on the horizen
we haven't named our little one yet, we have a list of about 5 and hopefully one will suit her when we see her!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.