Gack... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-02-2005, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone,

This is only my second post, but I thought I'd just say...I've been having prelabor stuff happening for weeks now...like a lot of others here. Lost my plug 2 weeks ago, have had the cervical stabbing pain, the contractions, etc. It seems like every time they come on, they don't go anywhere - until yesterday.

Yesterday, I started with some mild contractions at about 3pm, and they continued to gain power throughout the night. At 3:30am I woke up, unable to sleep through the vice around my hips. My husband and I started timing. They were about 5 minutes apart, 2 minutes each, but by 6am they were gone, and we both went back to sleep.

Now, dh has gone to work (I'm on leave...just waiting, which is good - my job is too stressful and demanding to really be 100% right now, which is what is expected of me), and the vice is back.

I'm so tired of this! Anyone else as frustrated as me??

Anyway, thanks for listening...I really needed that!

Kylie

Soon to be mom to first daughter, EDD 11/7/2005
#2 of 6 Old 11-02-2005, 11:24 AM

and yeah... just browse around this ddc and you will find MANY posts that sound just like yours!!!
I'm currently oh, a few days short of 42 weeks, have had almost 4 weeks of prodromal labor. Yesterday at my prenatal, my midwife asked me about contractions and I told her I was ignoring them .

Feel free to vent! We're all about encouragement here
#3 of 6 Old 11-02-2005, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome and support, willemsmama!

I guess I have nothing to complain about, as I haven't even reached my EDD yet, right?!

I know she'll be ready when she's ready...its just so frustrating. I mean, how do I know it is real? Do I have to wait until my water breaks? Until the contractions are 1-1-1? Can they still quit if they get to that point?

I'm like you with the weeks of prodromal labor - I had another night where I had contractions 5 minutes apart for 6 hours, and then they quit.

My dh is even more frustrated than I am. I feel so bad for him, but I need him :-)

Thanks again - and here's hoping your waiting is over really soon - I'm routing for you!!

(( Good Vibes ))
Kylie
#4 of 6 Old 11-02-2005, 12:58 PM

OMG! I totally understand. I am doing the same thing and have been for about 2 weeks. I even went to the hospital 3x because I wasn't understanding what was happening. This is #3 for me so it shows you it doesn't matter how many children each labor is different and so is each baby! Have hope! I will send you some birth vibes if you will send me some! LOL! My dh has been frustrated too because it seems as though "it is time" and then its not. I say just try your best to relax even through the pain and get as much comfort as you can because when the time does come they won't go away. I have to tell myself that too! Its gonna happen soon for us all.
Be Encouraged!
Christina
#5 of 6 Old 11-02-2005, 01:48 PM

Uh-huh. Me too It's ALL about the encouragement...

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#6 of 6 Old 11-02-2005, 02:29 PM

yeap Im in the same boat here last night I was having strong contractions 7 mins apart...didnt get my hopes up too high, but the thought did cross my mind that maybe this time and Im still here preg no contractions Im so ready to meet this little guy

It would be cool if he would come today since our daughter was born 2/11 it would be neat if he was born 11/2

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page