Hi All! I'm back among the living :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AT least while my babies are sleeping!!!!

My birth story:

I ended up having to have a c-section which completely stunk! But, I'm doing quite well 1 week and 3 days later.

Both babies are now home - yeah!!!! and we're in that getting used to you stage.

Here's a link to their birthday pictures...
http://www.beautygal.com/twins/happybirthday.htm

I posted their birth info on the birth announcements page.

I think that my babies are gorgeous! Each day that passes has them becoming more and more alert. We're still getting to know each other of course, but, we're doing ok.

The hardest thing comes next week when I'm all alone. Right now, my mom has come in to help take care of me, while I take care of the babies. Next week, she has to go and I'm on my own. So, today, I really tried to step up and do more of the baby feeding and baby care on my own. I had been letting mom hang on to one while I fed and changed one. But, can't really leave one hanging around next week.

So, I've dug out my EZ-2-Nurse pillow and started tandem nursing and walking to the changing room with both of them and chanign them at the same time. It's doable. I bet, though, by the end of the first day (monday), I'll be one tired out little momma.

As for my son, I'm sure you all know that he was in NICU Thankfully, he's gone from there. Now though, we're experiencing nipple confusion issues, which I'm trying to work through. I think a visit to my lactation consultant is in our near future. For those wishing to follow that post:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...25#post4050325

I'm also getting used to the bed sharing thing. I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to sleep with both, but it really works out best if we do. My DD is completely breast fed and loves to hang out on my nipple all night long. Even if it's not in her mouth, she's hugging my breast, or touching me in some way. It's been a really great experience.

With DS, since DH is feeding him when I'm not, DH is cuddling with DS. I've got to figure out how to connect with DS though. It's really tough because I don't have that 'breastfeeding' bondign going on. Read above post to find out more.

As for my breast milk, it is in full force. It's funny. If I don't feed when the babies cry, my milk starts squirting everywhere. The first few days that really freaked me out. I thought, what in the world. But, now, it's a funny reminder to either feed or pump.

I'm working on the tandem nursing thing right now too. I just really hope DS can get it figured out soon!

The cloth dipes my sister made are working like a dream. They are working better than the Huggie Preemies we were using last week. My son would always have blow outs and leak everywhere. Now though, with the cloth, we're not having ANY Of those problems. If you aren't planning on using cloth, I highly suggest you at least try them. They are a real blessing.

Now all I have to contend with are changes when the cloth part gets wet. No big deal I tell you. If that bothers you, then put a diaper cover over the cloth and change at feedigns. Whatever works.

Ok, well, my little girl is calling for me. Time to feed again. I do admit, I feel like a cow sometimes, but it's all worth it.

Oh, as far as symptoms of the PRE-E and PIH, my bp is still boucning all around. The peri gave me 3 days worth of diuretics and I shed 34 pounds of fluid in 1 week. WOW! I only have the 15 pounds to go (that was earned during the pregnancy) before I'm back to pre-baby weight. Plus, I swear I'm getting smaller every day. Incredible. I'm also sweating big time at night. So, I guess that is the blood volume and remaiing fluids that I'm losing.

Ok, gotta run. Hugs to all and congrats to all the new mommas!
#2 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Wow, wow, wow! It's so exciting to hear from you, see pictures of your new babies, & hear that you are all home & acclimating. Andrew & Carrie are *adorable* little people. Thank you for taking the time to fill us in!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#3 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 05:27 PM

Oh my--what cute babies! Thanks for sharing your story; I hope you can get the support you need in the coming weeks. Congrats on your little ones!
#4 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 05:48 PM

So wonderful to hear that after everything you went through, everybody is doing great!!! Sounds like you are doing a great job of adjusting and being a wonderful mommy to your precious babes!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#5 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 06:53 PM

Thanks for sharing your story. So great to hear from you!!!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#6 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 06:58 PM

welcome back christy!!!

your babies are really beautiful! hang in there, it sounds like you're doing a fabulous job!

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#7 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 07:00 PM

Thanks for posting an update - those babies are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#8 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 07:06 PM

Beautiful Babies! Congrats and I am glad everyone is well! Be Blessed!
#9 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 07:18 PM

Welcome back! Your sis has been keeping us updated, but its great to hear from you live!

What cute, big babies you have there! So glad to hear they are home and thriving. I hope you get the nipple confusion figured out soon!

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#10 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 08:11 PM

its so good to hear from you! ive been thinking about you and your little ones sooo much! they are beautiful! thanks for sharing your story. im sorry you didnt get your ideal birth but you have 2 beautiful babies!! i hope things get sorted out with the nipple confusion with andrew.. it sounds like you are doing really well though! welcome back!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#11 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 09:06 PM

So great to hear from you, Christy! We've all been thinking of you.

The babies look terrific, and wow, I can't believe how how big they were for being born early!

You can be SOO proud of yourself for working so hard on breastfeeding! Not many people would be as committed with all you've been through. you have truly done all you can to give your babies the best start in life!

Congrats!! And keep us posted on how you are recovering and how Andrew and Carrie are doing.
#12 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 09:28 PM

Your babies are so adorable!

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#13 of 17 Old 11-03-2005, 11:04 PM

Your babies are beautiful! I'm all weepy now. I want one too!
#14 of 17 Old 11-04-2005, 01:18 AM

beautiful, beautiful babies!!! you're a wonder! thanks for sharing...

nak
#15 of 17 Old 11-04-2005, 05:35 AM
Banned

Awwwwwww, your babies are SO SWEET! Congrats mom, and glad you are feeling OK.
#16 of 17 Old 11-04-2005, 07:34 AM

I'm really really glad things are going so well for you They are absolutely adorable...

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#17 of 17 Old 11-04-2005, 06:51 PM

What beautiful babies! Glad you are all doing well.

Christa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page