Should I go to L&D? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-04-2005, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been having ctx every 5 minutes for the past 3 hours. They do not really hurt (starting to get a little crampy), but I have tried changing positions, taking a shower etc, and they are still happening, and are even getting a little stronger. I am really afraid of going all the way to the hospital to have them send me back (I live an hour away and it is 10pm here). What do you think? I have been having bh's for the past 2 and a half weeks, but they have never been regular like this.

Ronna

edd 11/17
#2 of 5 Old 11-05-2005, 12:07 AM

Can you call your doctor or midwife and get their opinion?

Are you having a bloody show? (lots of muscous and blood in your panties) That's an excellent sign that your cervix is dialating - it was part of how I knew when I was really in labor last time.

Good luck!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#3 of 5 Old 11-05-2005, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

I've been having some mucousy discharge for the past week. I went to the OB for my weekly appointment this afternoon and he said I was 1cm and -2 station. I have been 50% effaced for the last two weeks.

Ronna
#4 of 5 Old 11-05-2005, 12:57 AM

Are you still smiling? My Bradley instructor told us that if you think you're ready for the hospital, have someone take a snapshot of you as you get in the car. If you're still smiling, stay home. You should be serious and ready to get down to business if you're on your way in. Don't know if that's the kind of advice you want, but every labor is soooo different.

Good luck!

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#5 of 5 Old 11-05-2005, 03:23 AM

No. Go to bed and go to sleep. Either you'll wake up hurting, and you'll know this is really labour, or you won't and you'll have your energies reserved for when it IS, or you won't be able to- but you'll know you tried. I know it's really frustrating, but it's better to be well-rested.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page