2 days til due date... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2005, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday and the night before was filled with heavy contrax (45secs to 1.5 mins) that I had to work through, but they fizzled out at around midnight. Today I have only had mild normal BH. *sigh*

Ok, so I had my exam today... my very first one. Ouch! It hurted *pout* Post exam I bled quite a bit (clots etc) too. The Dr. felt I would go into labor by Friday. I was like are you sure... he said yes (he seemed pretty confident.) I was only 1/2 cm dilated though at the appointment, and she is not engaged. He did say that second pregnancies, the woman isn’t usually engaged until well into labor.

If I don’t have the baby by next Tuesday, he ordered an ultrasound to make sure I have enough amniotic fluid. Other than that… I’m getting antsy. Real antsy. I want to meet her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2005, 07:36 PM

Hey, we're due date buddies! Saw my MW today. My pelvis is HURTING! She said baby is low, but said the same thing about second babies, they don't engage like first babies do.

Last week when I saw her I had her check dilation and I was 2 cm. but not really effaced, but really, really soft. So, basically, I'll have a baby soon, I already knew that.

I haven't had ANY contractions like you're talking about, though. I hope they don't last too long for you. You need your sleep.

Dr said by Friday, huh? Well, we'll see. I hope so for your sake.

MW and I agreed we'd do an u/s after 41 weeks. I'm hoping for Saturday when my mom is here and she has the whole next week off. So here's my prediction: November 12!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:37 PM

Whoa -- we are sort of on the same schedule here, with the MW appointments on Tuesday and the same DD. I posted about mine in thread, but to recap -- I declined the exam, but they do want to do non stress test next week, if I end up making it to that appointment. She said the baby has dropped since last time.

Well, I am a first time mom so I guess there is a good chance you will beat me?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:41 PM

OT: Mrs. Moe - I just noticed in your sig that you have a 7 yo daughter and another girl coming -- that's just like me and my sister -- I am the older one. My sister and I are very close, but we didn't become too close until she was about 18 or so -- but there was virtually no rivalry -- I'm sure your girls will appreciate eachother very much.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:14 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Hi, this is also very OT.
My kids are all going to be about 7 yrs apart too. And I am also 7 yrs older than my brother. My kids have had no sibling rivalry, nor did my brother & I. They've never even had a fight or been competitive over much of anything. I think you'll find that raising munchkins so far apart in age will be pretty fun & so much less stressful that what I can imagine raising those close in age might be like. Homeschooling kids soo far apart in age is rather daunting though...

I'll be keeping my eye out for your baby's birth announcement MrsMoe!!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:32 AM

I have an almost 6 year old - I like hearing stories like these!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:18 PM

Happy due date, MrsMoe!!!! You're almost there
Old 11-10-2005, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I am thinking the girls being 7 years apart IS a benefit for sure!

Husband and I went out last night to our favorite Steakhouse. Our last night together alone for a while. We really enjoyed it.

Lots of contrax, lost a wee bit of my plug, but nothing else. No baby yet.

Here is to all of us that are due right around now!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoe
Ok, so I had my exam today... my very first one. Ouch! It hurted *pout* Post exam I bled quite a bit (clots etc) too. The Dr. felt I would go into labor by Friday. I was like are you sure... he said yes (he seemed pretty confident.) I was only 1/2 cm dilated though at the appointment, and she is not engaged. He did say that second pregnancies, the woman isn’t usually engaged until well into labor.

If I don’t have the baby by next Tuesday, he ordered an ultrasound to make sure I have enough amniotic fluid.
Wow! I'm at 4cm and 75% effaced and my midwife is placing no bets on me going this week, since last time I walked around at 6cm/90% effaced the last few days. I'm so jealolus that 1/2cm means imminent labor for some women.

I bet you are close, though, if you bled afterward. It sounds like he stripped your membranes (the only time I've ever had pain during or bled after an internal exam is the times I had my membranes stripped with DS) - that often gets labor started within 48 hours if you're body is really ready to go!

If I don't have my baby by Tuesday, my mw reccomends an ultrasound to make sure I don't have too much amniotic fluid. Even though my baby is engaged and therefore really low, I'm still measuring 2-3 weeks ahead... She thinks its more likely that I just have a giant baby, though, and wants to get an idea of just how big s/he is. I really want to have the baby before then!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Queeen of Cups - I don't buy me having the baby by Friday. I have had lots of contrax, even regular ones that are 10 minutes apart and last about a minute or so... but they always fizzle out. I just now stopped bleeding since the exam! Not really sure what he did, but doubt it was a sweep (prolly just a stretch) because I don't think I was dialated enough for a sweep. I still think I am going to be about week or so after my due date...
Old 11-13-2005, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Last Friday I had some seriously heavy regular contrax, painful - and at 8-12 minutes apart... only to have them fizzle out and never return.

I'm gonna be pregnant forever.

Old 11-13-2005, 04:56 PM

Care to share more protein and supplements with me, MrsMoe? Mmmm. Supplements...

Well, and it is a mixed blessing, isn't it - when you've had preeclampsia before (I have as well). You can't believe that you've actually made it to 40 weeks - and beyond! It seems almost ungrateful to complain to make it that far without well, almost dying ... no NICU baby ... no stressful induction before your body is ready ... but still, it's sort of like Nature making sure you REALLY appreciate it ... sorta rubbing it in, no?
Old 11-13-2005, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspaghettimama
Care to share more protein and supplements with me, MrsMoe? Mmmm. Supplements...

Well, and it is a mixed blessing, isn't it - when you've had preeclampsia before (I have as well). You can't believe that you've actually made it to 40 weeks - and beyond! It seems almost ungrateful to complain to make it that far without well, almost dying ... no NICU baby ... no stressful induction before your body is ready ... but still, it's sort of like Nature making sure you REALLY appreciate it ... sorta rubbing it in, no?
So true!

User Tag List