Julian is here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies! My son was born a day after his due date. Nov 4th at 3:09am. Not exactly the birth experience that I was wanting but he is healthy and that all that I wanted. Although I still have what if's in my mind I try not think about it b/c I start to get depressed. On Monday of that week I had a visit with the doc and after my check I felt very crampy all day. Some of the cramps were really strong expecially that night. I think I had about 3 hrs sleep that night. Woke up Tues morning and told DH that maybe it was a good idea to stay home that day b/c I could feel contractions coming and going all through the night. Nothing happened Tues but about 1:30am Wed my contractions had gotten pretty regular about 5min apart. We were off to the hospital got there at about 2:00 Wed and i was happy that the nurses were letting me do my thing. They would monitor that baby and the contractions for about 20 min and they would let me walk (they did not let me eat however and I do think that affected me) Long story short labored for about 17 hours. At about my 13th hour my 5th nurse (that how many shifts went by) said that my doc was considering pitocin to strenght the contraction I was so exhausted, hungry and afraid at this point that I said okay but if they were doing pitocin that they were also doing an epi. My contractions already felt intense to me so I was afraid of what the pitocin induced ones would feel like that I had to get an epi to get through it if not physically mentally. So both things were adminstered and at about 2:30 am thurs I started to push Julian was born at 3:09 am. My stitches afterwards were the worse. I just saw the doc stitch and stitch and he wouldn't stop at about 3:50 he finally said that he was given up on try to stitch everything. He said that the baby's head was in position for so long that it made me swell up and every stitch that he did would just make a new tear. So he put a pack in me and said that the lateration that he left were small one and that they would heal on there own. A week later and I can still barely walk so not exactly what I had in mind but an experience that I will never forget b/c I got my son out of it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 06:57 PM

I think we're all going to have little pieces of the birth that weren't what we expected or hoped for, but you're exactly right, when the experience brings forth a healthy baby, it helps keep the rest in perspective.

and congratulations to you, mamma!
#3 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 07:25 PM

Welcome, Julian! Congrats to you and your family!

I'm sorry your birthing didn't go exactly as you had hoped...try not to be too hard on yourself, mama...

I love the name Julian, btw--one of my faves!
#4 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 08:22 PM

: Julian!

Congratulations, mama, and don't be too hard on yourself. Be happy to have your little man with you now.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#5 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 08:25 PM

Congratulations! Sending you lots of good healing vibes.

Christa
#6 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 08:37 PM

I hope you heal quickly! Congratulations!
#7 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 08:53 PM

Quick healing vibes to you, and congratulations!
#8 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 09:02 PM

Welcome to the world, Julian! : Hope he is doing well, and wishing you a happy babymoon and hope you heal up nicely
#9 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 09:14 PM

Congrats, and welcome Julian :

I am sorry that the labor was so exhausting for you, but like a PP said -- don't be too hard on yourself -- it sounds like you did awesome considering the situation -- great job. I'm sorry that you are still in pain - it might take a while but you WILL HEAL, hope it goes as quickly as possible.
#10 of 20 Old 11-12-2005, 01:43 AM

Congrats and enjoy your new baby. I hope that you heal well from the birth...I'm sure you will continue to process the experience in the days and weeks to come. Happy babymoon!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#11 of 20 Old 11-12-2005, 03:59 AM

. I'm sorry your birth didn't go the way you envisaged it: I still have problems giving myself up to parts of my (absolutely textbook) second homebirth, so I can understand that dealing with medical interventions and wondering "what if? what if?" makes it so much harder for you. Here's hoping speedy healing for you, and blessings for you and baby Julian
How's nursing going, btw? You didn't mention?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#12 of 20 Old 11-12-2005, 05:41 AM

I think you did an awesome job with the pressure you were getting from the hospital people! You have only the future to enjoy your babe with...although I think it' sgood to reflect, don't get too down.

I tore some and had stiches. Can I tell you that the shots to numb were more painful than labor?! Ouch!!! I asked my MW if it was really necessary for her to stich me even! HA. You will feel better down there soon, just remember that! The pain cannot last forever!

Yay for a great babe to love on and bond with forever! You did so many things right and you will do so many more, I know!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#13 of 20 Old 11-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Banned

for the stiches and long birth. I understand where you are comming from with my last birth.

Congrats on a healthy baby and your inner strength!
#14 of 20 Old 11-12-2005, 11:55 AM

Congratualations! I too am sorry it was such a hard birth. Hope you recope fast and well!
#15 of 20 Old 11-12-2005, 12:55 PM

Congratulations! Love on that baby!
#16 of 20 Old 11-13-2005, 04:10 PM
kel

Congratulations! You did an amazing job! Lots of hugs and healing and enjoy your new baby.

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

#17 of 20 Old 11-14-2005, 01:31 AM

Congratulations!

I'm sorry you are in pain from your tears. Have you tried sitting on a Boppy? I did that with my last baby and it made things so much better.
#18 of 20 Old 11-14-2005, 01:34 AM

I saw your thread from the forum home and wanted to say Congrats!! My son (born last December) shares the same beautiful name. Enjoy your babymoon.
#19 of 20 Old 11-14-2005, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
A big fat congratulations to you & your family!!!
Enjoy your wonderful babymoon. Welcome, Julian!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#20 of 20 Old 12-06-2005, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all your well wishes. I am healing slowly but surely. My little piggy eats all the time and bf'ing is going well. His birth weight was 8lbs 8oz and he was at 9lbs 13oz a week ago. He is a little colicy or gassy doc can't tell yet. But other than that doing well. Thank you all for your support while preggo

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page