Sagittarius - cosmic seeker - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i was sure i was going to have a scorpio baby, but it looks like the rest of will be having sag babies..i think the cut off is the 22nd, which is today.

i looked up some info on them... it seems like a great sign.. i never knew much about sag before.. here is the good stuff

http://bellybelly.com.au/articles/as...gittarius-baby

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#2 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 06:31 PM

dh is a sag....and i kinda like him, so i'm looking forward to another.

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#3 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 06:45 PM

Wow, that was *really* cool! Thanks so much for sharing that, MamaFern. I'm glad you did, too, because I was also feeling kind of sad that the Scorpio window has passed; both DH and my best friend are Scorpios so I thought naturally it would make sense for my child to be as well. Guess she has other plans!! I don't know any Sags personally so it's been kind of a mystery to me.

Anyway here are two quotes from the webpage that really spoke to me:

"They’re happy, cheerful and the flame of hope, optimism and the utter joy of discovery burns brightly in their eyes."

I like this because the name Brynn means optimistic or hopeful!

"Sagittarius is the ‘heavenly Archer’. He stands with his bow drawn back, his arrow pointing directly at Antares, the bright red star we met in Scorpio, which is placed at the very heart of the Scorpion."

I thought this was so cool because during prenatal yoga, my favorite pose has been the archer: you stand as though you are holding a bow and arrow. This is supposed to be a somewhat difficult pose that we've been using to help practice endurance for discomfort but I have found it enormously empowering and balancing. I love it! So now I'm just going to believe it is Brynn's archer spirit expressing itself through my body!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#4 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#5 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Wow! Thanks so much for posting that. That was a fascinating read. I'm excited to have a little cosmic seeker.

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#6 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 08:37 PM

Q's a Sag -- 11/23/04. She's an incredibly happy, curious baby. It's awesome. (Especially since she got stuck with not one but *two* Capricorns for parents!)
#7 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 09:46 PM

Thanks, Fern!
I had been so sure I was having a Scorpio, too! (Which was exciting, but a bit nerve-wracking, having dated a Scorpio! )

But my DH is a Sag, as is my sister (actually born on the same day, different years) and as PP noted, I like them!

That was a great link, and now I am looking forward to meeting this little Archer! If only he/she would come out.......

Sharon

Sharon FF/Medic DH 3 DD's 2/98, 4/01, 11/05
~*The days are long, but the years are short.*~
#8 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 09:51 PM

I had my fingers crossed for a scorp too seeing we're all water and air in the house! I guess we could use a little fire to balance things out. I looked 'um up last week to see what we could be in for and was pleasently suprised! Thanks fern!
#9 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 10:21 PM

A friend of mine did a kind of provisional star chart yesterday, for if the baby was born in the next week or so, and ladies, our babies may be FULL of fire! They have the sun, Pluto, Venus, AND Mercury in Sag (fire sign), as well as Saturn and *possibly* (if the baby is born before Wednesday afternoon) the moon in Aries (Aries is also a fire sign). I don't know too much about astrology, but I do know that that's a heck of a lot of heat from our bambinos, and that the "show up late and freak mom out" game may be the first in a line of many challenges these kiddos are going to put us through!!!
#10 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 PM

I am so excited to see what kind of personality this baby has!
I am a Gemini with a Scorpio moon and a Scorpio ascendant.
My oldest son is a Taurus with a Cancer moon and a Virgo ascendant.
My two year old son is a Virgo with a Pisces moon and an Aries ascendant.
What a family this is going to be.
#11 of 13 Old 11-23-2005, 12:11 AM

Speak for yourself: personally, I'm still gunning for a little Capricorn babe- you know, maybe even a Pisces or an Aries...
Alex is a Sagittarean, and "cosmic seeker" fits him down to the ground: he's also one of the most intuitive people I know, even as a child (and feels the moon cycles instinctively- when he was 2 he used to look up at the sky asking for the moon: but only at the times of the full moon.) My dad was, too- and all but one of my ex-boyfriends.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#12 of 13 Old 11-23-2005, 01:15 AM

I'm a Sag myself (11/28) and was secretly hoping this one would be a Sag too. DD is a Scorpio, and I don't think my Saggy-ness could easily handle TWO Scorpios!
#13 of 13 Old 11-24-2005, 12:33 PM

My aunt sent me the Saggitarius horoscope for today (11/24) and I thought it was really appropriate for all of us mamas!

"Transformative energy is around you. If your heart is pure and you truly want what's best for everyone, the process of change isn't the least bit uncomfortable."

That sounds promising huh?

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page