NOW, who is still here... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 11-28-2005, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Besides me and *Amy*!!!???!!!??? Girlie, it looks like you and I are in for the long haul! Who else is around to comiserate with???
#2 of 26 Old 11-28-2005, 11:32 AM

Yep, I'm here with ya mama!! DreamsinDigital was here as of last night but we haven't heard from jellyfishy in a while. It's funny that you use the word comiserate; that's the exact word I used when I was explaining to DH this morning why it makes me slightly sad that every day we wake up to a new baby - one less person to comiserate with!! (But you know I am ecstactic for them, really. )

Maybe we should just make this our weekly thread. Is there really anything else to talk about?

I just went for the most gorgeous walk. We have a rails-to-trails trail that goes through farms and by two duck ponds and a big old plantation home with cows. The weather is unseasonably beautiful today (around 55 with nice breezes and sunny skies) and I just loved being able to spend some time outside taking it all in. It put me in a really good mood and made me wish I could stay outside all day! I walked for about 2 miles or so, and haven't had any contractions to speak of, but it was still worth it even if it doesn't bring on labor!!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#3 of 26 Old 11-28-2005, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds good to me if we make this our weekly thread. We won't need one for very long anyway, RIGHT? Sounds like you had a great walk! I'll be going out for one very shortly, but the weather here is a bit less desirable. Temp isn't bad...high of 60 today, I think, so pretty warm here, too. It's overcast, SUPER windy and slightly rainy, though. I'm right there with you, though, it puts me in a MUCH more pleasant mood to spend my time outdoors! That being said...I think it's time to head out there!

Fingers and toes are crossed for us that *something* happens soon!
#4 of 26 Old 11-28-2005, 02:21 PM
bec

I'm here, for the moment!

Although, I have to admit to being somewhere past the beginning of labor, but not really in active labor yet!

My water broke 31 hours ago, and I'm still waiting for things to really get moving. They're slowly moving, but it's hard to be patient.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#5 of 26 Old 11-28-2005, 04:26 PM

I think I'm going to have go on hiatus for a while. All these birth announcements, especially the ones for people who were due *AFTER* me is just furthering my frustration and believe me, I do not need any help in that department.
I'm 8 days past my due date. If you guys don't hear from me for a couple of days, I am not in labor. I'm just really cranky.
#6 of 26 Old 11-28-2005, 04:52 PM

We'll miss you Ashe, but I totally understand. Please take good care of yourself and know that I am thinking about you!!

#7 of 26 Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Wow...this is really it for us, eh??? Talk about feeling defeated!!!

Bec: how are things progressing??? Any news?

DiD: Take good care of yourself...we'll be thinking of you and sending warm and fuzzy thoughts!!! Keep us posted!

Well...I have an appointment at 3:45 today...hmmmm...was REALLY hoping not to make it to this one! *sigh* Oh well...such is life, I suppose. I ended up walking in a MALL again yesterday, due to the fact that it ended up pouring rain all day long! It's still yucky outside...I'm still a little envious of your wonderful walk you had yesterday, Amy!!!
#8 of 26 Old 11-29-2005, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulmommy
Wow...this is really it for us, eh??? Talk about feeling defeated!!!
Or *maybe*...

...we are THE WINNERS!!!

We're still carrying the November flag, peacefulmommy, and everyone else just dropped out of the race!! They have no stamina!!

OK, kidding, kidding (please don't send me hate mail for that, you mamas with babes in arms!). That was my little attempt to put a positive spin on this whole thing.

Seriously though, not much has changed around here; I'm 5 days past my EDD. I'm going to go buy some evening primrose oil and start putting that in various bodily orifices, although I'm not convinced it will make a whole lot of difference. Since a bottle is only $2.50 though, can't hurt to try!! We're also going out for mexican food tonight because for some reason people in Ohio think that stimulates labor. Also, it means I don't have to cook, so woo hoo!

My next MW appointment is Thursday at which time I'll also have my first NST. At that point I may even talking to them about scheduling an appoinment to strip my membranes on Monday or Tuesday of next week. The sucky thing is, my doula is going out of town on Dec. 7th (1 day shy of 42 weeks for me) so I'm just trying to have faith that Brynn will come before then, because I would be so sad if my doula were not there with me. :

So what do you say, anyone want to make it interesting?? We need to have some kind of betting pool or prize for the November babe who is born last!

#9 of 26 Old 11-29-2005, 02:41 PM

I bet it'll be me. I've got a reputation to uphold as the world's longest gestator.
I'm 9 days overdue now and I can only describe my mood as resigned. I'm not even going to bother trying black and blue cohosh anymore. I've given up on the evening primrose oil. I don't walk if I can help it and forget the sex, it was just too ridiculous to even describe. I'm not taking the spikenard/black cohosh/raspberry tincture my midwife gave me because it's nasty and wasn't helping anyway. You can forget castor oil, nipple stimulation or spicy food. I am just going to lay around and watch movies and sleep. I can pretty much guarantee this baby will have the same birthday no matter what I do or don't do and laying around consumes so much less energy.
But then again I am feeling really lazy because I barely slept at all last night.
Anyway, after reading for hours about labor induction methods, I've come to the conclusion that nothing will work if the baby's not ready to come so what's the point?
I have an appointment on Friday, I'll be 2 days shy of 42 and I'll have a BPP and AFI right afterward. I'm sure he's still fine in there, I feel him moving every so often.
I keep having really bad muscle cramps in my legs though, especially the *really* inner thigh. Those make me cuss out loud, which cracks up my 6 year old DS to no end.
But anyway, I'm slightly less grouchy today. I'm just avoiding reading any birth announcements right now and I'm staying the hell out of the December DDC.
Hope you guys are hanging in there.
#10 of 26 Old 11-29-2005, 03:21 PM

you mommas rock for being so patient. trust me. its SO worth it. 2 weeks i waited but now it feels like she's been here forever and its only been a little over a day

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#11 of 26 Old 11-29-2005, 03:41 PM

Hang in there ladies!!! It is SO worth the wait. Your babes just want to fully cooked and ready to take on the world!

Hugs and love to you all!!!!
#12 of 26 Old 11-29-2005, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I haven't posted much here, but I'm another due-in-November person who's still around. I bet I'll be the last one here, too. My due date was today, but I've been expecting all along that the baby would come late, just like my dd and all my mother's and sister's babies. If he's as late as dd was, he'll come around Dec. 8.
#13 of 26 Old 11-29-2005, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsinDigital
Anyway, after reading for hours about labor induction methods, I've come to the conclusion that nothing will work if the baby's not ready to come so what's the point?
Yeah I am pretty much with you on that one Ashe. That being said, I did take 1000mg of EPO today, had sex with DH, and ate mexican food for dinner. I can say, however, I have had exactly one BH since this afternoon. Whoopdedoo!

In very happy news, one of my best friends found out today that she is pregnant!!!! They've been trying for about 4 months, so I am just totally elated for her and so excited to share her pregnancy journey with her!!

#14 of 26 Old 11-29-2005, 11:06 PM

After chatting with my midwife on the phone for a minute today, I'm going to try the black and blue cohosh thing tomorrow. If that doesn't work, there's always castor oil. Bwahaha. Very funny. She said if I'm still pregnant on Friday she has some herbs and homeopathics we can try. I've gotta give it at least one last shot before I give in to having a December baby.
Man I am a grouch to my kids today. I feel so bad!
#15 of 26 Old 11-29-2005, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Well girls, had an appointment today and I'm STILL at 80% effacement and dilated 1cm...WHOOHOOO. That'll be three weeks in a row now. *sigh* I'm gonna sit back and just ride it out until next week...then I may start to seriously consider the castor oil trick amongst many others. I am going to have to place the bet that I'll be that last mama standing...we'll see!

*Amy*...hope all those tricks work for you today!
#16 of 26 Old 11-30-2005, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulmommy
*Amy*...hope all those tricks work for you today!
Apparently they didn't. : Oh well, I didn't really expect them to.

It's 5:30am and once again, I slept pretty much through the night without any impending signs of labor. I seem to have more discharge the past two mornings but I don't even think it is my mucous plug.

Well, on with day +6.

I'm going to tempt fate later this morning by going to Barnes & Noble to pick up a few books for my pregnant friend, so that'll be a fun diversion! Maybe the universe will enjoy a good laugh by making my water break while I'm out.

How are you doing, Daffodil, Peacefulmommy, and DID?

#17 of 26 Old 11-30-2005, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Hola mamas...well, not even a single BH yet today. *sigh* I'm trying very hard to have, as FSM once said, a Zen attitude about it all. Note: I said TRYING.

Amy...I lost part of my plug last Friday. I know this is probably TMI, but it was just like a big glob of clear snot...very evident that it was part of my plug. However, nothing else has happened since then, so I don't want you to get as excited over it as I did! I think perhaps if it would have been tinged with blood or something it would be a different story, but I'm still here, SO... :

Anyone have any happy thoughts & vibes for us RACE WINNING MAMAS????
#18 of 26 Old 11-30-2005, 02:23 PM

Just wanted to say that I feel for you mamas. I am really starting to get antsy and I'll only be 39 weeks tomorrow. But I thought FOR SURE this baby would be here around 37-38 weeks, so in my head I feel like I'm past my date. My first was born at 36 wks and my second at 38 wks (and he was a biggin- 8lbs 12oz). This one is just taking it's sweet old time.

I admire you guys for hanging in there so patiently.

Here's LOTS of labor vibes for you all

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#19 of 26 Old 11-30-2005, 03:41 PM

I am combining the black and blue cohosh tinctures with a healthy dose of castor oil because I DO NOT WANT A DECEMBER BABY. I cannot possibly stress that enough. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I had BH all night from the b&b tinctures and some prostaglandins from DP, let's hope the castor oil makes things work.
If not, I think I might possibly go insane. I'm 10 days past my EDD.
#20 of 26 Old 11-30-2005, 04:25 PM

Oh, DID, I hope it works for you!! : Man I am SO not at a place where I want to even think about castor oil yet, so my hat is off to you sister. I hope it isn't too miserable for you!

I don't want to be a December mama either. How weird is it to even care? But I just feel like November is cooler for some retarded reason.

I'm still leaking mucus (why does that look misspelled no matter how I spell it???) like nobody's business...but no sign of blood, not one single BH today. : My best friend said she thinks Brynn will be here by Sunday or Monday and boy do I really hope she is right about this one. The thought of having to even start talking about interventions, not to mention dealing with my doula not being here, is just not something I even want think about!!

And yeah, Bethany, isn't it weird when you psych yourself out to believe you are going to have an early baby and then they *aren't*!? I went through that too! It messes with your head.

Emotionally I am doing OK though...just kind of laughing at the whole thing, really. Seriously, it truly cannot be much longer now.

#21 of 26 Old 11-30-2005, 04:38 PM

I'm still here! I just had to avoid this place for a few days because I was so discouraged. I still am, but I think I've reached a new level of discouragement: instead of thinking that every day is the day the baby will come, I'm now just assuming he will NEVER come. We had an ultrasound this morning to assess how the baby's doing, and he scored 8/8. He's very happy in there, and evidently means to stay. Little freeloader; I'm charging him rent at this point.

I let my dr do the stretch and sweep last week, and I've been in agony ever since. I lost my mucus plug on my due date (the 23rd), and then had some pretty serious contractions for a few days...but they always petered out after a few hours. They usually got really strong at night, so it's been about a week since I've slept. As a result, I've been exhausted and teary and angry at the world, in addition to being in pain.

I was 8 days past my due date with DD when I went into labour, so I shouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't even mind being late now if only I were comfortable.

I haven't tried any of the natural inducers. I did last time, and they did not a thing for me...sex, nipple stimulation, spicy food, long walks, etc.

The worst thing about feeling so uncomfortable and tired is that I've lost a lot of the positivity I'd managed to built up towards labour. I'd been doing hypnobabies and working really hard to be positive and strong, and I feel like I've lost that. I'm so tired that when the pain hits, I just cave. I'm such a wussy-ass.

So, onwards to December, I guess!
#22 of 26 Old 11-30-2005, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy*
: Man I am SO not at a place where I want to even think about castor oil yet, so my hat is off to you sister. really.
Meeeeee neither!!! I am having NO problems going to the bathroom as it is, GOD KNOWS what castor oil would do to me. I'll worry about that next week, though. I think my MW is talking about sweeping my membranes at next weeks appointment, too.

DiD...Good luck mama & let us know how it goes! I'm sending you all the warm and fuzzy labor vibes I can muster up right now!!!
#23 of 26 Old 11-30-2005, 06:11 PM

Well, to be honest I haven't been brave enough to take the castor oil yet. I've been taking the black and blue cohoshes every 30 minutes and all I've got still is just BH contractions and nothing else. I'm starting to get really tired so I think I might go take a nap with DS and consider the castor oil tomorrow when (if) I have more energy. So much for my last ditch effort at having a November baby. I'll be 11 days overdue tomorrow, which is the day I had DS#1. Today was, gestationally speaking, the day I had DS#2 so I think this baby is trying for some kind of record.
#24 of 26 Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Still here, doing fine. No signs of impending labor. I don't even feel overdue yet, since I'm only a day past my due date, and I've been expecting all along that the baby would be much later than that. I'm actually hoping he won't be born too soon - I have a lot of stuff I'd like to get done now while I still have the chance. Next week, when I start having non-stress tests, and the midwives start talking seriously about the possibility of induction - then I'll probably get really eager for him to go ahead and come out.

I hope the rest of you go into labor soon!
#25 of 26 Old 11-30-2005, 11:32 PM

Hang in there all you waiting mamas..When you least expect it, expect it! I felt pretty anxious until our day came on the 26th (41 weeks exactly)..at 4pm in the afternoon of all times. So it can and will happen any moment!
Good birth thoughts to you all..
#26 of 26 Old 12-01-2005, 12:00 AM

I took a really long nap with DS and stopped the cohoshes for the day. I might take a dose of castor oil and resume the cohoshes in the morning but I totally need a good night's sleep. I'll be 11 days past my EDD tomorrow and I am so annoyed at the prospect of having a December baby! ARGH.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page