It's Official: I'm a December Mama - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh I just realized that kind of makes it sound like I actually had my baby. No such luck! I am now 7 days past due.

Just up for my 4:00am grazing and I realized it's no longer November. It's weird that I am going to have a December baby...but I guess cool in a way that my baby and littlemomma's son will be born only days part now!

I saw your post in the other thread, DiD, and I guess you are in it with me. And I'm assuming you are still here too, peacefulmommy and Daffodil.

Well today I'm going for my NST and to see if I am at all dilated or anything. I know it's totally ambiguous, but it sure would be encouraging to me if I were dilated or effaced at all at this point.

Come ON, babies!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#2 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 06:12 AM

It's 1am here, so yep, I'm officially a December mama too. Unless he stays in there until January.
I have an appointment with my midwife on Friday and I'll have a BPP right afterwards, but I'm kind of hoping the castor oil works for me tomorrow, er today. I haven't been to bed yet. Anway. We'll see.
I hope your appointment gives you some good news Amy. At this point, I am so freaking glad I never got checked because it would have just added to my frustration at being 11 days overdue, whether I was dialated or not. I usually check for myself just to see if my cervix is still reachable but I don't check for dilation and two days ago it was about 2cm long and soft and posterior and then tonight it's totally unreachable so I'm not sure if my belly's in the way or if I effaced some. Not that it matters much but I need a little hope or I might take the castor oil right now and go into labor on no sleep. Now that doesn't sound fun at all.
#3 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yep, I'm still here. I'm having some mildly painful contractions, though. I got up a couple of hours ago, not because of contractions, but just because I couldn't sleep - that's been happening a lot lately. But then the contractions started up, and though I keep expecting them to stop, they haven't. I wonder if this means the baby isn't going to be as late as I expected?
#4 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 09:37 AM

welcome to DID!!!!!!!!! if i hit Jan., i will scream!!! but im becoming quite the complainer!!!!!!!!!!
rach
#5 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 10:54 AM

Well...come on over and post with us in December. Its a beautiful month to have a baby. We're glad to have you!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#6 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Starcat, that is sweet. Right now I think I might be too much of a downer to want to impose on anyone other than these guys.

I'm having a hard time this morning, maybe it's because I'm tired. I had about 5 days of feeling totally peaceful and fine about everything, and this morning it's a definite struggle to keep myself from worrying about how things are going to turn out. And the thing I hate is that I know that worrying about it doesn't do any good, and it's not good for me or the baby!! I'm going to have to do something this morning to hit the reset button and get on a positive vibe again.

#7 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 11:52 AM

Hey Amy,

I have been wondering about you for days now! Your baby will be healthier than ever as it stays in there. I hope that you are not too uncomfortable and am sending you lots of patient vibes. Are you trying to induce yourself with natural stuff or are you just waiting patiently?

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#8 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 12:22 PM

Amy, I'm just visiting from Jan. Just wanted to say I completely understand how you are feeling and how absolutely nerve-wracking it is to be so far past your EDD. Both of my dds, who had accurate due dates based on my charting, were more than a week "late". My first was almost two weeks past EDD. I nearly went crazy and I began to distrust that my body really did know what it was doing. And then I gave birth to a healthy, robust 8 lb 10 oz baby! The same thing happened the second time. My babies were very easy to care for. They were big and healthy. Hang in there. I think what you are going through right now is one of the hardest times I have experienced in my whole 34 years!! And I'll probably be there again in about a month.

Hope your baby's birth is a wonderful experience!

Emily
#9 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 01:55 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm thinking of you ladies! I check in every day to see how you're doing

December is a great month to have a baby! I loved it with my first son- it is really easy to know how many months they are b/c you are always starting the count with January, if that makes any sense! So for my feeble post partum brain (which lasted for months) it made things very easy! Plus it's right in with the holidays, making things even more exciting that time of year!

And I agree, a bigger, more fully cooked baby is easier to care for!

Any day now, gals, you'll be holding your precious wee ones!!
#10 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 01:58 PM

God I am an absolute emotional mess this morning. I've been alternating between bawling my eyes out and being completely furious.
11 days past my due date. I just can't see past it. By the time I was 11 days past my due date with DS#1 I was already in labor. I haven't had ANY indications that labor is imminent, not ONE and I'm so disappointed it's December.
I made the mistake of eating right before I tried to go to bed and I spent the entire night paying for it in the form of acid indigestion. That term doesn't even begin to describe the "I am about to vomit a volcano" feeling, in spite of taking Tums, Rolaids and drinking milk and sleeping propped up.
Anyway, I'm so exhausted today after not sleeping AGAIN that I don't think I'll be doing the castor oil thing. If I go into labor on my own (YEAH RIGHT HAHAHA) that's one thing but if I can manage a nap with DS a little later maybe I can make it through the day without having a complete meltdown. Oh wait, too late for that.
11 days past my due date. Man, this sucks.
#11 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 03:34 PM

DiD...I'm right there with you on being an emotional mess today. (And yes, I'm still here with y'all, too!) I've just had a really bad week, emotionally, and it's taking it's toll on me b/c my BP was sky high at my last appointment. Today, I slept on and off til NOON and am having to pee in a jar all day. They are doing blood work tomorrow to see if there's anything else going on besides high BP due to stress. *sigh* Why now? Why all of the sudden when I'm at the end of my rope, the end of my pregnancy? I've had a completely healthy and low risk pregnancy up until this point. I'm just really hoping and praying that all of this plus being past due does not affect me being able to have the natural water birth that I have been dreaming of for the past nine months. And to boot, probably because of all the stress I've been under this week, I have had LESS (read: no signs) signs of impending labor in the past couple of days than I have had in a month!
I may say hi in December...they all seem so friendly! We could all probably use some positive vibes right now to lift our spirits.
#12 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 03:56 PM

Ok girlies...so I just did it. I just introduced myself to our next door neighbors, the Dec. DDC! Hoping for a warm welcome from all...I could really use a quicker picker upper today!
#13 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 05:23 PM

Like I've said, I am keeping my grumpy self out of the December DDC. I don't need to spread my grump around.
DS and I went to Burgerville for lunch and I got a peppermint fudge shake and a greasy Tillamook cheeseburger. Yum.
Now that I'm dying from carb overload, I think it's nap time. At least I stopped regurgitating fire finally. I couldn't eat breakfast because I still had that nasty acid reflux.
Hope you're hanging in there Amy. Let us know how your appt. goes.
#14 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#15 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Hey mamas. Peacefulmommy, I'm glad you went over to December and had a nice welcome from them. It is good to feel the love. I hope your pee results come back benign. That's a bummer. DiD, sending lots of love your way and I hope you can get out of the emotional funk somehow.

My appointment was encouraging. I'm 2cm dilated and 75% effaced (wow) and her head is at 0-station. Oh and I'm totally losing my plug now. My MW said she thinks it could literally be any time, and I am happy because out of the 3 midwives in the practice, she is on call starting tomorrow at 7:00am through the entire weekend, and she is my FAAAAAAVE midwife and I love her and was hoping she'd be the one to be there when my birthing time begins. So that makes me feel really positive and happy. Oh and I had a contraction while I was lying there having my exam, and didn't even feel it (!), and my MW said my cervix is completely stretchy and "soft as butter." That's what my hypnobabies has been telling me to imagine for months, so I guess it worked!

The NST went great; Brynn was really active and her heartrate did the exact right thing, so after 10 minutes I asked them to stop because there was no point in continuing for 30 minutes. So baby is great, mama is great, and now we just have to keep DH calm so that he will sleep tonight! He's so excited, it's really cute.

Thanks to everyone for the love and encouragement this morning. It really meant a lot to me!!

By the way, we haven't heard from BeTheEarth in a few days have we? I hope she is doing OK.

#16 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 06:06 PM

Hey girls-

No, I'm not overdue (or pregnant anymore), but I'll gladly listen to you grump. Be as grumpy as you want and I'll listen. My friend IRL is in the same situation, so I'm an experienced listener.

Can't think of a thiong to say other than that would be encouraging!!
Hang in there... as if you had a choice!

#17 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 07:36 PM

you guys are more than welcome to come be grumpy in the DID club!!

rach
#18 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 08:02 PM

AMY - how exciting!!! i cant wait to hear your birth story! ill be thinking about you and your babe today and tonight!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#19 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 09:20 PM

Amy, this is totally my post-nap grump talking but if you have your baby before I have mine I am so never talking to you again.
Only kidding...
Ugh okay so I woke up from my nap with more nasty acid reflux. This is getting really disgusting. And to make matters worse, I called my sister to complain about still being pregnant and she answered the phone "Are you having the baby today?!?!"
I almost cried.
#20 of 35 Old 12-01-2005, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiD
Amy, this is totally my post-nap grump talking but if you have your baby before I have mine I am so never talking to you again.
Hee hee, that is funny Ashe because I was seriously thinking a little while ago, "Damn, Ashe is going to be pissed if I have Brynn before her baby comes!"

I'm going to have to say that you should probably get a move on if you want to beat me. I've had regular and intense whatever-they-are pretty much all day, getting more intense since this evening. My hope is to get a good night's sleep though; both DH and I are really tired, and my doula just told me she's exhausted too. Tomorrow morning would be really good!

#21 of 35 Old 12-02-2005, 02:30 AM

Amy, just wanted to let you know that I am SO excited for you! I've been keeping up with your babiesonline page (it is totally adorable by the way) and I've been waiting for you to have that little Brynn. I must sound like a stalker or something but for some reason you've just stuck out to me, so I've been tracking your progress.

Here's some gentle, peaceful labor vibes.

Hope you get to meet your little Brynn soon!

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#22 of 35 Old 12-02-2005, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Aww that's so sweet Bethany, thanks!!

Well it's like 5:45am and after very steady and increasing CX since around 4:00pm yesterday (and very little sleep last night) I think it's time to head to the birth center. I'm so happy that my favorite midwife will be there.

Please send fast & gentle birthing vibes to Ohio today, OK?

#23 of 35 Old 12-02-2005, 07:56 AM

Yeah Amy!! Come on Brynn...its your turn to come on down. Said in her silliest PRICE IS RIGHT VOICE. Happy easy labor vibes sent your way!
#24 of 35 Old 12-02-2005, 08:14 AM

Safe passage to motherhood, Amy. We're thinking of you.

Ashe FWIW, I doubt it'll be long (though I also think he'll be a big baby...)

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#25 of 35 Old 12-02-2005, 12:51 PM

Sending you warm and fuzzy labor/birth vibes Amy!!!!! Can't wait to hear that your little Brynn is in your arms!
#26 of 35 Old 12-02-2005, 01:28 PM

Amy I'm so happy for you.
And I am so for me.
#27 of 35 Old 12-02-2005, 01:51 PM

MW did some sweeping of the membrane this morning...I think I would almost wanna wait, though! My mom has extra Neil Diamond tickets for next Friday that I can have if he hasn't come out yet! As cheesy as it is...I really wanna go!
#28 of 35 Old 12-02-2005, 01:52 PM

DiD- 's

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#29 of 35 Old 12-02-2005, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthjunkie27
for some reason you've just stuck out to me, so I've been tracking your progress.
Me, too, but I like your name.

Easy labor for you!!

mom of 3 , homeschooling the oldest with google and the internet
#30 of 35 Old 12-02-2005, 04:26 PM

Amy that's wonderful! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a pleasent and easy birth for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page