The **update** on Brynn Amelia - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know - finally!!

Y'all, you will not believe when I tell you our birth story. It was just like Murphy's Law of birth: everything that could go wrong, did. OK maybe not that bad, but suffice it to say that I was in labor for over 24 hours and we ended up with an epidural, pitocin, and finally a C-section. It was disappointing but I am really OK with it, and Brynn is totally and 100% healthy, happy, and wonderful!!! That is all I care about.

Brynn and Mama and Daddy

I checked the link and it should work. You may need an account to sign in, but I am not sure!

She looks so much like her daddy that I can honestly tell you if I hadn't seen her come out of my body, I wouldn't be sure I was here mama!! (Oh and she loves to suck on her bottom lip, so that's why in some pictures it looks like she doesn't have one, LOL!)

She's beautiful, with a full head of black hair, long eyelashes, blue eyes, rosy chubby cheeks, and adorable cupie-doll lips. She is a big girl, too; 8 pounds 10 ounces at birth, and 20.5 inches long!!! I never would have thought I could grow such a big baby!

She's been absolutely wonderful since she was born at 3:48am on Saturday December 3rd. She only fusses when we take any of her clothing off (she must have a hat on at ALL TIMES or there will be hell to pay!) and she loves to be swaddled and cuddled. She is really a content sweet baby, and we are just so unbelievably blessed.

We just got home a couple of hours ago so I will be posting more later.

I just want to thank you for all of your love and prayers over the past few days (and months)!!

--------------------

Update, 12/10/05

After having had a week to think about it, I've decided not to post my birth story. One reason is simply that it is soooooo long; so many things happened. The other is that after a week, I am still finding myself very much not wanting to talk about it or re-live it. Also, I know posting it would evoke a lot of sympathy and anger from y'all, and I would rather not get everyone's ire up and have to feel a lot of negative feelings. That being said, I am really proud of myself for everything I did during the birth and for how hard I worked to TRY to achieve our goal of a natural birth. I learned *a lot* about myself during that experience.

On the positive side, I do want to share how wonderfully Brynn is doing and how much I am totally loving being a mama!! She's just so gorgeous (I know, whose baby isn't??!!) and soft and cuddly. She's such a little MAMMAL, I absolutely love it! She wants to be cuddled *all the time* and she's already showing a preference for her mama, and I'm so glad DH is evolved enough not to be threatened by that. Speaking of DH, he has been just unbelievably amazing during the entire birth experience and the past week. I mean he has done *everything* around here with a smile on his face and has been telling anyone and everyone how in love he is with his daughter. It just makes me heart want to pop!!

Breastfeeding has been going well, though I did have a couple of days where she was having a really hard time with my nipple because of the combination of my milk coming in plus all of the water retention from the surgery. Good old LLL came through, though, and everything is back on track - and that girl LOVES to nurse! Slinging is also going *really* well. I was a little nervous because I had never practiced, but I just put her in it on like day 3 and she loved it and fell asleep within 10 minutes. I was so happy! Cloth diapering is going great - I am really happy with our Kissaluvs and so happy to have gotten her hiney out of plastic (we used sposies at the hospital). We're also kind of getting started with EC and we've had a couple of catches each day, so that's fun. Overall everything is just great!

Physically I am recovering quickly from the c-section, and taking/applying arnica still (thanks MamaFern for the recommendation!!). My ab muscles still hurt of course, but it's kind of not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm also having after-pains but they are kind of like menstrual cramps, so totally tolerable. I've lost 24 pounds so far (I know, insane) and my belly gets smaller every day which is kind of cool.

So that's about it for now. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all of your concern and love over the past week. I wish I had more time/energy to get back up to speed with everyone but I figure by next week things will be a little more normal. I need to get with the yahoo group and figure out how to do that.

Thanks for reading. I you mamas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#2 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 08:35 PM

how awesome! sorry the birth didnt' go as planned, but glad you and baby (and dada) are all doing fine. the babe is beautiful!

congrats!!! hope your recovery goes well.

rach
#3 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 08:42 PM

Congratulations on a job well done, Mama! Brynn is just beautiful.

A happy healthy baby and a happy healthy mama is whats important
#4 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 08:49 PM

She's BEAUTIFUL!! I especially love the sleepy baby pic...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#5 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 09:07 PM

congrats amy (and jason) & welcome baby brynn!! Rest up and enjoy your beautiful little girl!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#6 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 09:11 PM

Congrats Amy!!!!! She's absolutely beautiful! It sounds as if you are taking everything in stride and focusing on the important part...your healthy little angel is in your arms!!! Happy babymoon to you!!!
#7 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 09:24 PM

Congratulations Amy!!! She's gorgeous!

I totally know how you feel - we were planning a homebirth and after 12 hours of early labor and 26 hours of active labor we went to the hospital and got an epidural. Parenting is all about choices - and having to make the best decisions we can give the circumstances. You did the things you needed to do to bring your baby into your arms and you should be proud of yourself!

Enjoy your babymoon!

- Sarah

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

#8 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 09:41 PM

amy she is beautiful! congrats on your healthy little girl. im sorry your birth didnt go as planned but you have your healthy baby girl in your arms. heal well.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#9 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congratulations!! She's so big & gorgeous & I can't believe how much hair she has! You guys are such a gorgeous family.

I'm sorry the birth didn't go as peacefully as planned, but I'm very happy to hear that Brynn is wonderfully healthy! You did a good job. Have a fabulous babymoon, all of you.

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#10 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 09:48 PM

Congrats! I totally understand the disappointment and I am sure you will spend some time in the months ahead processing it. Don't let anyone discount your feelings of disappointment over the birth - yes a healthy baby is the most important thing, but you can still be sad about loosing your dream birth experience. it doesnt mean you love brynn any less!

She is a cutie! I hope you recover quickly. Good thing DH has all that time off - so you can both rest, heal and do nothing but hold and nurse that baby!

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#11 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 09:56 PM

The good news is everyones OK. She is freakin adorable. That is the plus side to c-section babies... their heads are perfect!
#12 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 10:17 PM

Sorry, lurking from December (Amy, you may have noticed that you have some what of a fan club following your pregnancy ). Congratulations - look at all her hair. your family is beautiful!!!

kelli
#13 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 10:21 PM

i understand

We ended up being induced, having labor stop, haveing Pit, not dialating, haveing an Eperdural, and then forcepts. 30 hours of labor, 3 of pushing. so much for the clam peacful beith with teh CNM and the doula.

All that matters is that you and baby are safe and healthy!!!!

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#14 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 10:35 PM

Yay!!!!! Brynn is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations Amy, even if you didn't get the birth you'd dreamed of, you still have a beautiful, healthy baby girl.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#15 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
She is so beautiful! Congratulations!
#16 of 36 Old 12-05-2005, 11:15 PM

What a beautiful little girl!! She looks very wise and aware in the picture where she is all bundled up! Congratulations!!

:
#17 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

Congrats on your precious baby girl, sorry you didnt' have the birth of your dreams, but so glad to hear she has arrived safe and sound. Sh'es VERY cute btw!
#18 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 12:10 AM

Congratulations to you and your DH,She is a beauty!
Take those 6 weeks recovery time and love on that baby.
#19 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 01:33 AM

Yeah!!! She is totally adorable!!!!

I am sorry that things didn't go as you guys planned but having had one of those births myself...I can so understand what it is like just to be SO happy to have your baby in arms and everyone back at home.

As someone else said above...it does take awhile for everythng to fall into place as you process the events...but I am happy to hear that you are already so positive about things not going as you intended. It sounds like Brynn makes all of the other details not really matter in the grand scheme of things...

Enjoy Brynn and take it as easy as you can. I will be so interested to read your birth story!

HUGS!
#20 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 05:21 AM

I'm sorry birth didn't go so well for you honey. I am so glad you finally have Brynn in your arms! She's a cutie pie!
#21 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 08:05 AM

I'm so sorry you didn't get to welcome your daughter the way you'd planned- but so glad she's here, safe and sound and shiny and new- and absolutely gorgeous!!! Welcome to motherhood!!!

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#22 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 09:30 AM

Congratulations on the arrival of Brynn! I'm sorry things didn't go as planned but am just delighted that you are holding your daughter.
#23 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 10:12 AM

Congrats Amy-- she's beautiful and you sound wonderful. I hope you're resting and healing well!!!
#24 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 11:24 AM

nak

WTG Amy!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you and your dh!

And Brynn is gorgeous, mama. Truly.

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
#25 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 11:48 AM

She's a doll Amy! Congratulations!
#26 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 12:48 PM

COngratulations, Amy!!! I am so happy for you to be a mom! Wow!

You and your whole family are beautiful and very healthy looking. It's so nice to see this wonderful child that we have all been talking about and wishing the best these long months.

I am sorry to hear that it didn't go as you originally planned. But I am really proud of you for trusting in the process that led to a healthy babe and mom. It has to be hard to adjust your expectations and you sound really okay with how that had to go for everyone's wellness. You rock!

Congrats, again! Please stay with us Nov. mamas in life with a babe, please!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#27 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 12:51 PM

Congratulations!! She is beautiful! Great pics too, you look so happy!

Desiree

#28 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 01:05 PM

Congratulations!

Christa
#29 of 36 Old 12-10-2005, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

See post #1 for update...............

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#30 of 36 Old 12-10-2005, 12:41 PM

Amy, I think you're one of the wisest people I know. If at any point down the line, you think talking to someone with some distance would help, you know I'm always there for you, OK?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page