Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When is it MY turn?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2005, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Oh man, I totally feel for you!! I'm sure you're sick to death of hearing it but they do say that 1st babies often take a lot longer to bake. I know that doesn't make you feel ANY more patient though!!! Geeez, C'MON baby! Let GO of the uterus already! Things are cool out here!

I bet you're not feeling much like a "peaceful mommy" today are you? Perhaps more like "desperately impatient for my baby mommy" ?

I am so so so sending you some labor vibes. It could be any minute...... c'mon LABOR! It is time! : : : : :

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It is definately your turn... how about tonight? Post us at 3:30am and tell us all about your major contractions.... sound good?
Old 12-05-2005, 11:06 PM

I am so sorry. I know your baby will come at the time that is for the highest good. I hope that's really soon for you!

You're doing so well just getting through!

(BTW, I thought this thread was some random from my Due Date Board and I was seriously going to open up a can of whoop a$$ on them because I'm probably more overdue... but I'm NOT more overdue than you!)

Sending you labor vibes and hoping you hold your sweet baby in your arms soon!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:32 PM

how overdue are you? are you the last one standing from nov ddc?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Banned

Awwwwwwwww
Old 12-06-2005, 02:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh honey, I was so depressed about being overdue I almost called off my homebirth because I couldn't bear to wait anymore. The wait is the worst part but believe me when I tell you that every second of waiting is SO completely worth it and you will forget your impatience the second you hold your sweet baby in your arms.
Plus, overdue babies are SO easy to care for.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital
Oh honey, I was so depressed about being overdue I almost called off my homebirth because I couldn't bear to wait anymore. The wait is the worst part but believe me when I tell you that every second of waiting is SO completely worth it and you will forget your impatience the second you hold your sweet baby in your arms.
Plus, overdue babies are SO easy to care for.
yes..what she said. but i do understand.. those 2 weeks i waited felt like months.. now a week has gone by and i feel like she has always been here..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 12-06-2005, 04:45 AM

Being the last one from a DDC is like being the first one... everyone is anxiously awaiting and analyzing every symptom along with you. I'm checking in a couple of times a day just waiting to hear about your mucous plug, your contractions (or lack thereof), and your state of mind. Big - nobody likes to be last- except your stubborn little baby! It will be sooo worth it, though. ****Lots of labour vibes headed your way****

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Old 12-06-2005, 09:13 AM

I'd totally second what zjande said- first babies do take longer cooking, at least if Alex is anything to go by (to the day, twice as late as Skye was...) You can do this. You are doing this- and when baby has finished growing those phenomenally long fingernails and rinsing off his vernix, he'll make an entrance and you'll remember why you did this.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:28 PM

s mama. I can't imagine how it feels to be last. Almost, but not quite.

Your babe *has* to come soon!!!

s s

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
Old 12-06-2005, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Awwww...thanks mamas for all of the big and good vibes...I REEEALLY need it right now! Well, I'm 10 days past my due date right now...*sigh*. I'm heading out for some blue and black cohosh today. I've tried walking, vigorous nipple stimulation, castor oil (will do more ONLY as a last ditch effort! OUCH, my bum!), spicy food and running full speed to an ambulance(explain in a moment!)...all to no avail. I feel like I have birthed a colony of giant slugs...ick. I always thought that losing the mucous plug was a one day event. I should flipping start a festival just in honor of the giant slugs that have been sacrificed during this past weekend. The weekend started out with the MW doing three sweeps of my membrane Friday day. Then Friday night I got the phone call that my mom had been in a really bad car accident. My dad and I headed to the hospital and got to the scene of the accident (it was on the way) before the ambulance had left, so I took a full speed run to see if she was ok. She came out of it with a fractured sternum and some cuts, bruises and sprains but is ok other than that, THANK GOD. Just REALLY bummed now for both of us b/c it's going to hinder the amount that she will be able to help during my delivery...she and my sis are my labor partners/coaches. She was REALLY looking forward to helping...*sigh*. Had a few contractions while waiting for her in the hospital, but I seriously put a hurt on my pelvic area from running. Saturday night, lost my plug...or what I found to be only part of it...ick. Sunday I took the castor oil around 4:30, and ctx started around 9:15. They ended up 5 minutes apart around 10:45 and stayed very consistent until around 12:45 am, when they started getting closer together and alot more intense. Around 1:30am I decided to go ahead in (I'm EVENTUALLY giving birth in an ABC inside a hospital) to be checked out b/c the ctx were definitely starting to take my breath away. We headed to the hospital, for them to keep me for about two hours checking me in between walking around. 100% effaced, and get this...a whopping 2cm!!! ARGH!!!!! I was so nervous about getting there b/c of testing GBS+...sheesh. So, since we didn't get home and actually get to bed until going on 5am...needless to say there were NO attempts at natural induction yesterday. I was up periodically last night, with random ctx that woke me up they were so painful, but nothing more than the delivery of yet (sorry if it's TMI!) another giant slug this morning. I'm going to start naming them! Keep your fingers crossed that the cohoshes actually turn these random ctx into something today!!!!! I'm at the end of my ROPE!!!!!!! Thanks for the good vibes & for letting me vent...it really helps! I'll keep you all posted!

BTW...Does this mean I'm the ***WINNER***??? heehee
Old 12-06-2005, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMGosh you sound exactly like me about 24 hours before I went into labor. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:02 PM

Hang in there -- I was 14 days "late" and Teddy came out in great shape! Everyone has commented on how strong and sturdy he is (for a newborn) so I think that the babies do make the most of the extra time in there! My pacenta was in super shape, too. No signs of deterioration or post-date problems.

I know it's so terrbile waiting and feeling so so desperate -- just remind yourself that you CAN'T be PG forever.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:24 AM

Peaceful mama... I hope that your next post is a birth announcement! And it's true, "overdue" babies are EASY to take care of. Isa was late and she's a dreamy little babe!

Sending you peaceful labor vibes... : :
Old 12-07-2005, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I did the black and blue cohosh yesterday, contracted from 2pm on...didn't get a lick of sleep b/c I had some pretty fierce ctx but nothing was every regular! : Woke up this morning after finally getting an hour and a half of sleep to a ctx and a "not so fresh feeling". I think my water's leaking a bit and had just a *touch* of bloody show a little while ago! Ctx aren't regular, though, so I'm playing the waiting game for now! *sigh*

Perhaps today's the day!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:54 PM

It sounds really promising

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:58 PM

I read your story and couldn't NOT post to you.

You had me rolling about the giant slugs though

+ + =
Old 12-07-2005, 03:00 PM

and to you mama!
I sympathize with you because reading your posts bring back memories of the end of both my pregnancies... I'm a long gestator and just go way past my due dates, so much so that my husband and midwives try to convince me that my dates were off. But I'm pretty frickin' sure that it's just the way my body grows babies.
Just hang in there honey... remember all this frustration when you are in the throes of heavy labor... it'll help you get through it all. I personally feel that labor is a tough job, and I don't think I'd go through with it unless I went through the weeks of torture (er... um.. I mean waiting) before I actually deliver. KWIM? I remember thinking when I was in transition with Gabriel, "I can't believe I've spent literally the past month WANTING this to happen!!!" It was so hard and intense... And minutes later he was in my arms! Worth every second of the waiting... every tear of frustration.

I think you have a very healthy baby in there. And I know you will deliver your baby and soon be in postpartum baby land!!! Really, it WILL happen. And it will be all the more worth it when it does!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Well count me in, I'll play the waiting game with you. I keep checking in to see if you've posted any exciting news. It sounds like something might be happening today! Keep us posted! We want to hear about every slug.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 12-08-2005, 12:52 AM

:

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

User Tag List