Belly Shots (weeks 4-7) Yeah, it's early, but we like to see growth! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 03-30-2005, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so should we start belly shot stuff? It might be fun to take a picture for where we started out. I actually wanted to take one just after finding out, but I just didn't feel well enough. Now... I've popped out a bit. So I won't have a "true" starting point. Ahhh... I wish you all to pop a bit though, it means less bathroom runs. The bad part is... strangers at an appointment I had asked me when I was due. Uh... last time it happened at about 6 weeks. So I guess 4.5 weeks isn't so unreasonable this time? I thought I was just looking pudgy... but nope. I got asked.

Makes me think we'd better start documenting. Anyone else up to posting early belly shots?

What if we did threads like: Belly Shots Weeks 4-8. And Belly Shots Weeks 9-12. Etc? That way when people arrive for end of Dec, they can feel not so far away from the others. 4 weeks sometimes makes a big difference.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#2 of 61 Old 03-30-2005, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Sounds great.

I thought the frequent peeing was more hormonal that space at this point

I've seen no change yet. No frequent peeing either :LOL

Maybe I can get DH to take a picture tonight. He'll think I'm crazy.
#3 of 61 Old 03-30-2005, 12:11 PM

k, should this pic be of us standing up straight or slouching...I think if I slouch I can make it look like I'm preggo. lol
#4 of 61 Old 03-30-2005, 12:25 PM

Gosh I didn't pop out until like 8 months last time :
#5 of 61 Old 03-30-2005, 12:41 PM

I was like you, camprunner. Some people didn't know I'd been pregnant until I showed up with a baby! I do kinda hope to *look* pregnant this time, but I'd be happy to wait a bit. My belt is still tightened to it's regular spot today.

**breaking out the almonds for the day after a particularly stressful morning**
#6 of 61 Old 03-30-2005, 12:54 PM

I'd like to wait again to pop out only because of the looking for a new job thing. I would really like one closer and i don't care how illegal it is. If they suspect I'm pregnant there is no way they are going to hire me. They can't fire me though for taking maternity leave after signing a contract I'm pretty sure. Especially since I won't be taking off for doctor's appointments.
#7 of 61 Old 03-30-2005, 01:15 PM

Ok, camprunner, we're in this together. How long can we go before popping out? :

Of course, I might pop out due to work stress. ARGH! Any other time, I'd be going out for a long lunch for burgers and beer after dealing with bs like this. Sigh.
#8 of 61 Old 03-30-2005, 01:17 PM

i think i'm a bit pudgier in the front but it could be all of the crap i've been eating this week. LOL!!!

i'm up for belly shots.
#9 of 61 Old 03-30-2005, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camprunner
Gosh I didn't pop out until like 8 months last time :
Wow you and Geofizz are at one end of the spectrum and it seems like some of us are at the other end. THey both have their benefits... I mean, for work it's much nicer to not show. For having to buy maternity clothes it's much cheaper to only need them for one season. But, then you don't get all the "ahh, how cutes" or doors held for you. And, you feel sick but no one knows. Showing early has it's benefits, you get doors held for you longer, people cut you slack and you get to feel all mother earthy. The drawbacks are you can't hide it even when you want to, you have to buy maternity for every season... I mean folks... summer through winter? And, if you're like me some poeple I don't get around to telling and I just show up 6 weeks pregnant and they think I've been hiding something for 4 months! That's kind of tricky.

#10 of 61 Old 03-30-2005, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelemiller
i think i'm a bit pudgier in the front but it could be all of the crap i've been eating this week. LOL!!!

i'm up for belly shots.
:LOL

#11 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 09:59 AM

Belly shots sound ok to me. I am just trying to find something "nice" to wear today to dd's school and it's not working I have been wearing these jeans for days -- I'm afraid if I wash them they won't fit :LOL
#12 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 11:01 AM

sounds fun! ok - stupid question from the new kid - how do you post pictures here?
#13 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 11:24 AM

My first shots

selazenby, you need to have the picts on another site and then link them here. You can just post the url or you can put the url in as a link like I did above by typing:

[ URL = webaddress ] link [/ URL ]

but leave out the spaces.
#14 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 01:58 PM

Hey Wendy, nice photos! Are you a biker (it looks like a bike logo on your shirt)? I bike a lot and have some questions about biking during pregnancy... any good resources for that?
#15 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 02:12 PM

Yeah, I'm a bike commuter, but that sweatshirt has my college logo on it. On the back is a list of stupid physics and engineering jokes.

I biked to work through week 20 during my last pregnancy, when I stopped biking and running after my physical therapist told me it would make my sacro-iliac joint injury worse (the injury is a result of sitting too long, not biking). Looking into this more, I think she was wrong about the effects of biking in particular on my SI joint.

I've read that the main concern with biking while pregnant is balance. I honestly don't see how more weight in front will affect my balance much, though. I am a tad concerned with how it will feel to have the weight hanging, but I honestly don't recall how sitting in the position felt late in pregnancy. I'm pretty much planning to continue biking to work until my body says I shouldn't anymore. I rode in this morning for sure!
#16 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 02:26 PM

My biggest concern is mountain biking. I'm guessing that I will have to stop riding trails at some point due to risk of falling, but I haven't found much real information on it.

For road biking, we ride a tandem. That's nice because since I don't steer, I have more freedom to change my position and adjust to a more upright position if I need to.

We'd been planning a biking vacation for this summer, and I'm trying to figure out if that's still possible.

BTW, I apologize for hijacking the belly photo thread. I haven't got any posted yet but hopefully soon.
#17 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 02:31 PM

I like my route paved :LOL

I would bet a lot of people would caution you against mountain biking because of the jarring. I'm not convinced this is a problem, though.

Good information is hard to find! My general rule of thumb that I used with dd, and will use this time, is to keep my perceived exersion level constant when running, biking, walking whatever. That means that on Monday I ran a 9:20 mile, but yesterday I ran a 12 min mile. (Normal, non pregnant pace is ~10.) I have stopping trying to increase my pace, and I'll just do whatever pace feels right. I figure towards the end, my pace will be indistinguishable from my walking pace, but the perceived effort will be about the same as my pre-pregnancy 10 minute mile.
#18 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 02:56 PM

See, that's the thing - if it is a real risk, obviously I don't want to mtn bike. But if it's a 'they say' thing, rather than a known danger, I'd like to keep doing it, at least for a little while. But I don't know that I can find that out, so I may have to take a conservative approach and stick to pavement.

Funny, I just realized I must like biking better than beer... it's much easier to pass up the beer!
#19 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 05:17 PM

Here are my first belly shots at 4 weeks 3 days:

front shot

And you guys also get the first public display of my armpit hair (that's 6 months growth!)

and a bonus shot: the flax seed represents the baby!

baby at 4 1/2 weeks
#20 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 05:52 PM

I love the flax seed pict! So cool!

Both your other picts are of the front shot. Can you fix the profile link?
#21 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 05:57 PM

OK, Amy and Wendy, ya'll have beautiful abs. I may not post my belly shot after all. :LOL

Yikes - the flax seed looks too much like a tick to me. I had a horrible experience 2 weeks ago with our dog, a camping trip, and about 30 ticks, and I'm still having flashbacks.
#22 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Amy, Wendy! You guys are like suppa models! Wow!

I'm thinking I really missed the boat to get a good before shot. I'll try to take my poof belly tonight... I WILL keep my shirt down though. I'm not a suppa model... I'm more of a showing already preggo woman.

#23 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 09:44 PM

Yikes, you guys are very kind. I'm just thrilled to be starting at the same pre-preg weight as last time. I ran 4-5 times a week for a year to get to this point!

I can't wait to see other people's picts! Now I'm really sorry I don't have belly picts from Karen.
#24 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 10:38 PM

Thanks for the compliments, guys!
It's a good thing my thighs weren't in the picture :
#25 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viriditas
It's a good thing my thighs weren't in the picture :
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I your sig!
#26 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Alright, I feel like missed the boat to get before pics. I look pregnant already. Wendy can attest, I don't usually look like this. And... I've never shown quite so early, although I always DO show early. No hiding this rider.

Four and Half Weeks

Oh, and look, I'm showing off that I can turn my head now. :LOL

#27 of 61 Old 03-31-2005, 11:55 PM

It makes me sign in...
#28 of 61 Old 04-01-2005, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

I think I fixed it. It should work.

#29 of 61 Old 04-01-2005, 01:33 AM

Great belly shots, Spark you look great, I am so glad I am not the only one showing already. I look very similar to you and I am trying hard to suck it in, I don't want to have to tell quite yet.

Megan

Landon 10-23-02, and #2 due December 2005
#30 of 61 Old 04-01-2005, 08:45 AM

Great belly shot, Spark! I wish I was showing already! Or at the very least I wish my boobs were getting bigger...aside from the euphoria and maybe some stretchy feelings in my uterus (these might be psychosomatic) I don't even feel pregnant yet. No symptoms at all.

Ah, well. Next week (the last week of classes before I finish my BA) I'll probably be falling asleep on the subway and sick as a dog! :LOL

Oh, and I'm glad you like my sig Geofizz!

Amy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page