Mothering Forum banner

Meet the midwife tomorrow (Friday)

448 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  judybean 
#1 ·
I am so excited! I had an OB for my son's birth and I am so never going that route again but I am really excited to get another chance at a normal birth! I think I will really like this woman, she sounds very easy going and "earthy." She said to leave open for 2 hours of talking....I cant even imagine, I dont think I talked to my OB 2 hours over the ENTIRE pregnancy!

#3 ·
How lucky for you!

Midwifery isn't allowed here (at least certainly not for homebirths... and there was a bill introduced at the last legislative session here in my state to allow midwifery, but it was voted down
)

So, I have an appointment with an OB tomorrow morning.

#5 ·
I hope the same for you, Desiree!!

While being in a small town occassionally has drawbacks, one of the wonderful things is that you can't help but know everybody
AND, with my last OB (oh man, I STILL wish he wouldn't have moved away... western Oregon is very lucky!) he went to my church, lived just two blocks up the street from me.. and was generally wonderful and always knew me
But I think I'm in the minority on that wonderful experience!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.