Birth bead swap (Sending time!) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 95 Old 11-06-2005, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I apologize mamas, but I just got your birth beads out this weekend. I have had a pretty rough last few weeks thanks to my husband's employer and little games they were trying to play about keeping him out of town until the baby's birth. Now that is finally settled (he's home!), so I finally got the birth beads out that I bought weeks ago.

I really apologize for my tardy participation in this, and I hope you get them without incident this week.

I wouldn't let myself open any of the letters I got until I did my part, so I have that to look forward to tonight.
#92 of 95 Old 11-15-2005, 12:18 AM

Ok, so I'm still sitting on this tempting stack of notes and beads. I haven't opened a single one yet. I'm really really waiting until I'm ready. Somehow I feel like the sheer power and love from them all will send me into labor! AND, i'm not QUITE ready yet!

Have you heard all the stories about women going into labor right after their blessingways? I just feel like something similar might happen with me. Silly? Maybe. But, I'm still waiting. I don't quite feel it's the "right" time yet.

At the same time, i'm really ready to post thank yous! Did anyone get theirs from me? I haven't seen. I didn't "Hand Cancel" them. But they were all in thicker cards with some fabric wrapped around.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#93 of 95 Old 11-15-2005, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by persephone3
ooh ooh ooh, Spark, open mine now. i sent strong baby stay put vibes with it, you'll see. (from Jenny Hoffman in Baltimore; it may be in a small box? i can't remember.)
Oooh! I will do!

I didn't consider that possibility! I could be opening up a bunch of Baby Stay Put letters! Taht might just throw a kink into my "Throw me into labor" idea! :

REally it was SO nice of you to add me to your lists. I really really appreciate it.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#94 of 95 Old 11-15-2005, 01:08 PM

SPARK! I got the most beautiful amber colored beads right at the end of last week. !! Thank you thank you thank you!! I LOVE amber. Now open mine. I chose a green bead for life power.

Your beads were the perfect match for the arrangement I had going.

I just had a blessing way and got more beads, too. Now, I have the necklace of my dreams.

What's this about Blessing Ways triggering labor?

All the ladies at the BW were impressed that we had all swapped beads online. There was so much character in our exchange. Thanks to you all.

This chatting has been a blessing in itself to me.
#95 of 95 Old 11-15-2005, 01:42 PM

Spark, I got your beads, and I've tied all of mine up in the fabric you sent, to keep them safe until I can string them together.

So I have amber beads, a coconut bead, a pretty green bead, and a kitty bead. Yay!! Thanks, everyone.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page