Mothering Forum banner

Introducing: Wesley Andras! *updated with birth story & photos!*

737 views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  Taedareth 
#1 ·
The birth story and pictures are on my personal website. Click here and then select the menu button that says "Our Son."

Our son was born Saturday Dec 10th, at 11:06pm (which was 7 days early). He was 7lbs 8oz, 21 inches. I had 7.5 hours of active labor and 10 hours of early labor.

We like the name Wesley both for the way it sounds and also for its beautiful history. "Wesley" used to be a surname but parents started naming their children after the famous Christian minister and theologian John Wesley in the 1700s. Andras (ON-drosh) is the Hungarian version of Andrew (similar to Andre in French.) DH liked the name Andrew and my family is Hungarian so it was the perfect fit.

Our home waterbirth was absolutely perfect!
I think we'll use this verse on our baby announcements: James 1:17a "Every good and perfect gift is from God."

Will update soon with our birth story and pictures!

See less See more
#5 ·
Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

We're also planning to use names from heroes of the faith for our babe (who was due yesterday
) If it's a girl, she may be Susannah Wesley K., for Wesley's amazing mother (we're still deciding on the girl's name) A boy will be William Carey K.

And, I'm truly not copying, but we're planning to use the same verse on our announcements. Birds of a feather, I guess. . .

Anyway, congrats, mama!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.