Full Moon Tomorrow - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PLEASE let this full moon do good things for those of us still waiting on our precious babes.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Seriously! In a baby voice: "Come on lil babies, dont you want to see your first full moon?!"

Desiree

#3 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 12:12 PM

On top of the full moon the largest snow producing storm the area has seen in a coule of years is upon us, about 4 in fell last night and it is supposed to keep going through Friday.
#4 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 12:37 PM

I know, I have had this strange feeling about this full moon. Oh, and my midwife told me that the birth rates go up for the full moon and for a couple days after.

All along in my pregnancy I've been feeling like the birth will come on December 17th (two days after the full moon), so that's just Saturday!!! Wow, I can't believe we're all so close to having our babes in arms!
#5 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 12:53 PM

Both of my kiddos were born on the full moon, so back in May, I looked up when December's full moon would be. My EDD was this past Monday, so I figured it was close enough to make this my third full moon baby in a row. I've been convinced I'll deliver this Thursday/Friday ever since last spring.

If the weekend hits and I'm still preggers, I might be having an emotional meltdown!
#6 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

The funny thing is, that last full moon, in Nov. (remember, the full beaver moon) I thought there is NO WAY I'll still be pregnant for the next full moon. So I gave up on the full moon theory since it didn't bring me my babe then. I guess baby wasn't cooked enough.....but h/she is totally cooked now, so come on Moon! Bring it on!!!!!!!

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#7 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 01:09 PM

Quote:
The funny thing is, that last full moon, in Nov. (remember, the full beaver moon) I thought there is NO WAY I'll still be pregnant for the next full moon. So I gave up on the full moon theory since it didn't bring me my babe then. I guess baby wasn't cooked enough.....but h/she is totally cooked now, so come on Moon! Bring it on!!!!!!!
That's what I thought too! I thought there was no way I would make it to the next full moon. LOL OOPS, I WAS WRONG!

Desiree

#8 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 03:24 PM

Tomorrow is my EDD too! I'd *love* it if he came tonight/tomorrow. Should we go lie outside (and freeze our arses off) naked and beg the moon to do something...anything!!! I'm still having show, but those contractions are looking like BH's. Any day now....right?
#9 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 03:38 PM

i wanted to see what i could come up with re: the full moon and labor. here is what a few minutes of Google will do to our confidence:

"Linda Keeler, a nurse at Lincoln Hospital and Health Center, explained to the Phoenix Gazette that full moons cause barometric pressure to drop, which hastens deliveries. Noting the upcoming full moon, she predicted that "it should be a wild week." And Diana Simkin, who directs an organization that runs education programs for new parents, warned the New York Times, "As soon as there's a snowstorm or a drop in the barometer or a full moon a lot of people go into labor, (and) the hospitals are very busy."

The theory is that the moon's gravitational pull effects the amniotic fluid in much the same way as it effects the water in the sea, rivers and even the water that's otherwise found in our bodies.

As a woman's body prepares for natural childbirth, the amniotic sac becomes distended so the point where it will easily burst if put under pressure. Under normal circumstances, the pressure of labor contractions bursts the sac. During a full moon, the pressure caused by the moon's effect on the water inside the sac can cause the same things to happen, but without the accompanying contractions.

When this happens, natural childbirth doesn't always move forward and with no other signs of labor present, the obstetrician may decide to induce the birth. During my own study of this phenomenon I found that of 8 women whose births started with the water breaking at full moon, 5 of them had no accompanying contractions.

of course, there were a lot of scientific studies that concluded the full moon and labor have nothing to do with each other, but i basically ignored those! hehehehe

rach
#10 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 03:41 PM

Wow, Rach, thanks for that info! I knew that it affects birth rates, but never exactly WHY. That's fascinating stuff! C'mon luna!!!
#11 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposita
I know, I have had this strange feeling about this full moon. Oh, and my midwife told me that the birth rates go up for the full moon and for a couple days after.

All along in my pregnancy I've been feeling like the birth will come on December 17th (two days after the full moon), so that's just Saturday!!! Wow, I can't believe we're all so close to having our babes in arms!

I asked the magic 8 ball if you will have your baby on the 17th and this is what it said

you may rely on it

courtney

ps my midwife tracked births she attended for a couple of years and found more woman delivered near the new moon then the full moon.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#12 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 05:03 PM

Jevin was born near new moon but it was induced so it doesnt count. Me and dh were born near the new moon too though (and not induced.)

Desiree

#13 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalmama
Both of my kiddos were born on the full moon, so back in May, I looked up when December's full moon would be. My EDD was this past Monday, so I figured it was close enough to make this my third full moon baby in a row. I've been convinced I'll deliver this Thursday/Friday ever since last spring.

If the weekend hits and I'm still preggers, I might be having an emotional meltdown!
jen the 8 ball says

very doubtful

on thursday friday.because of the moons i thought i would go dec 3-4th b/c that is the same moon as DH. DD, and i were all born on, but nope the next appropriate moon is jan 2nd. the 8 ball says yes for jan 2nd, but it said yes for today too. real clear!!! (can you tell i just got my first magic 8 ball ever?

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#14 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 05:27 PM

courtney,
quit asking it conflicting questions! thats not fair to us or it! lol!

rach
#15 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 05:39 PM

i know my poor confused 8 ball, i think i may be abusing it. i am a horrible 8 ball owner.

my dh and my friend diane have btes for the full moon and me.

#16 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 05:57 PM

remember to use GD w/ that 8 ball Courtney!!!
#17 of 20 Old 12-14-2005, 07:07 PM

I am hoping this full moon will start my labor!! for the past couple of days, I have been having prelabor contractions ALL day. I was frustrated last week, because I had a day or two of contractions, and it didn't do anything to my cervix (according to Dr.'s vag exam). However, last night, I lost my mucus plug!!! Yay!!! Even if I don't get the baby this week, I at least know my body is doing what it's supposed to!!
#18 of 20 Old 12-15-2005, 10:21 AM

OK today is our day... full moon work your magic.... please.
#19 of 20 Old 12-15-2005, 10:25 AM

I went for a walk this morning before sunrise, and that *just about* full moon was laughing at me, I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelysmommy
jen the 8 ball says

very doubtful

on thursday friday.because of the moons i thought i would go dec 3-4th b/c that is the same moon as DH. DD, and i were all born on, but nope the next appropriate moon is jan 2nd. the 8 ball says yes for jan 2nd, but it said yes for today too. real clear!!! (can you tell i just got my first magic 8 ball ever?
#20 of 20 Old 12-15-2005, 11:30 PM

Hi there.

I just learned about this place today. I am due any day now. My due date is December 24th or 22nd, but been having contractions for a couple of weeks now. I don't really go by due dates anyway, as babies are on their own timelines. I really really hope this baby comes soon, because along with my contractions been having severe morning sickness for a couple of weeks now. This baby needs to come out. I have nothing left to give trying to parent my toddler too. Anyway. Please send me delivery vibes this way!

Mama to 9 year-old girl , and a 7 year-old boy :, and my big little 6 year-old boy, and a 4 year-old boy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page