bleeding question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-25-2005, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so Lucy will be a month old tomorrow (holy cow!!) - I bled after birth for about a week then spotted for about another week. Then it basically stopped - a little spotting here and there perhaps but nothing that required a pad or anything. Then yesterday I started bleeding again - like having a period. I know it's way too soon for that - isn't it?? With Jake I didn't start menstruating again until he was about 1. The big difference with Lucy is that she sleeps for like 5 hour stretches at night every night - without nursing. So is it possible that I'm having a period? Or is it something else? I don't really want to call and bother my midwife about it on Christmas. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2005, 10:47 PM

Erin, I have had essentially the same thing happen. Ivan sleeps about 7 hours at night at a stretch, and I got what appeared to be a first PP period at about 6 weeks.

Honestly, I really think that it might be possible that you are fertile again, not very probable, but for us, we are taking zero chances. I've started charting again, and will see Marianne soon for the BC discussion.

If you can chart, then you could see if you are ovulating, or justr check your cervical position and your cervical fluid. This could tell you a lot.

Hope that helps!
Old 12-26-2005, 01:27 AM

Have you been doing a lot? Could you have over done it and it caused the bleeding to start again? Not sure if that is possible after such a long time but my bleeding is down to spotting, but we went grocery shopping early in the day, then to Wally World that night a total of 5 hours on my feet and I bled quite a bit the next day.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:08 AM

Popping in from Jan DDC... I stopped bleeding with ds3 after about 2-3 wks and then at about 6 weeks started again and it was almost like a period. I had a 6wk pp check-up and we decided it was due to doing too much. I was feeling good, had 3 kids and was going about my life like I didn't have a newborn. I slowed down and didn't bleed again for almost 2 years!!! I hope your AF hasn't returned! Love the no-period because of nursing thing!! Dh claims that's why we keep getting pg!!

momma to 4!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:37 PM

yup i'd bet it's bc you're overdoing it. i'm not that far along pp, but the same thing happens to me if i overdo it. i go from very light spotting to massive bleeding/clots if i walk around too much or especially if i bend over a lot.

try to take it easy (heehee) and see if it helps!
Old 12-26-2005, 10:50 PM

i've got to agree with the doing to much. i bleed for 6 weeks afterwords because i just couldn't slow down. i really tried but nothing was getting done (right)

courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That happened with my son too. I bled for 6 weeks then it stopped and then it came back a week later. I know it wasnt AF though cause I didnt get real AF until ds was almost 20 months old.

This time it's 8 days PP and so far still bleeding............

Desiree

User Tag List