noooooooo!!! my kkafp is too small!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-28-2006, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i think. i was BARELY able to get Ava in there...but when i tried on someone else's Large kkafp i felt like she was hanging a bit low at the smallest row of snaps.

WAAAH!!! what am i gonna do???

i should probably have someone who knows what they're doing look at it and tell me if it's too small or if i'm just not used to it.
#2 of 13 Old 01-28-2006, 08:01 PM

i feel the same way about my hotsling....maybe we shoudl post pix for critique..ive been thinking of doing that anyone to determine if my technique is right!!
hope its not too small though...hope its just YOU! lol! i really hate returning things and having to wait to get the right thing.
good luck
rach
#3 of 13 Old 01-28-2006, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

the L is too big. i'm sure of it. this has to be the right size!!
#4 of 13 Old 01-29-2006, 12:33 AM

I'm feeling like a fat a$$ these days! I wear a large KKAFP, and my husband does too even though he's not fat, just built. And neither one of us have it anywhere near the smallest setting. Course my boobs are gigantic. The pouch definately feels like it fits right though, and I have almost no experience in wearing babies. My 2 yr old didn't like to be worn. We use our KKAFP everyday, at least 1/4 of the day now.

Are you pulling it up and over your shoulder before you put your baby in it? I found this makes it too tight to put the baby in, though once the baby is in it I pull it up and over my shoulder and it fits just right. I read the baby should hang around your belly button.
#5 of 13 Old 01-29-2006, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

panthira - so where do you have it when you put the baby in? just along your arm?
#6 of 13 Old 01-29-2006, 01:13 AM

Sorry, the baby was fussing and the toddler was screaming and the teenager was yelling. AHHH!

I meant that the part that you slide down sort of on the arm like here in the instructions:

KKAPF Instructions

She has hers over her upper arm before putting the baby in but I found it fits better if I wait until after the baby is in the pouch and then pull it down over my upper arm. This is after putting the pouch on over your head, but I can't write anything clearly these days (if ever), so it probably sounded like I meant you put the baby in first and then the pouch on.

I don't know if this helps at all, but I thought I'd try to help.
#7 of 13 Old 01-29-2006, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

ohhhh like keep the pouch ON the shoulder, not capped over, right? and then once she's in, pull it down a bit on the arm. i think i get it. i'll try again tomorrow. thanks!!
#8 of 13 Old 01-29-2006, 04:18 AM

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thank goodness I finally made sense and I really hope it helps. The KKAPF has been so good to us.
#9 of 13 Old 01-29-2006, 03:54 PM

you guys are killing me with this pouch!!! Michelle, where did you get yours? are the snaps really secure????
we need a poll as to how many slings/pouches we have!!!!
#10 of 13 Old 01-29-2006, 08:52 PM

I just popped in to take a break from all of the chaos in my home at the moment. Teen, toddler, and newborn babe. Could I have challenged myself anymore than that?
Anyway, I wanted to see if the pouch worked out today, Michele. How's it going?

Rach, I saw another thread about the carrier count, so I'll go check it out.
One thing about the KKAFP is it gets very warm for my baby sometimes, but I'm hoping that by the time things really heat up I'll be good to go with my baby in a mei tei. Right now the KKAFP is so easy to use and fantastic. The baby loves it and we spent several hours yesterday at a museum and he was cozy and content in it as could be. Quite a few moms (and dads) who were at the museum commented on it or asked about it. The snaps are VERY secure. I got mine off the link I listed above. I know you asked Michele but I thought I'd be proactive.
#11 of 13 Old 01-29-2006, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

i got mine at kangarookorner.com and she still hates it. but i think she just hates life in general right now. HAHA that sounds awful, but she's been reeeeally fussy lately. didn't poop AT ALL today so i'm sure her tummy's got issues.

i think i just have to face the facts that she needs to have her feet out or she'll be miserable. the mother of all pouches, the beloved kkafp, is probably just not gonna work for my little puddin'. she stands in it. which is pretty impressive and funny to look at in the mirror, but not comfy and not happy.

my back is also taking a beating which is unfortunate. my back has gotten progressively worse (gonna make an appt with a chiro) since my 1st pg and one-shouldered ditties are just not gonna cut it for me, i think.

soooooo...i'm gonna get a mei tai. LOL!!!
#12 of 13 Old 01-30-2006, 07:10 AM

Quote:
i think i just have to face the facts that she needs to have her feet out or she'll be miserable.
That's Daph too......she has to have her feet out. The one shoulder ones are hurting me too. I cant wait until my new mai tei comes (is it mai tai or mei tei? I always mess it up, sounds like a drink to me!)

Desiree

#13 of 13 Old 01-30-2006, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

i always go halfsies and say mei tai. LMAO!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page