Had a wonderful bonding moment - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-31-2006, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a wonderful bonding moment with Teagan tonight. We've been giving her sponge baths since she was born since the weather is so cold and yucky, it just seemed easier. Tonight I decided to give her a full bath. I have a seat she sits in and then you fill the tub around her. She just loved it so much, she kept trying to sink herself down further into the water with a little smile on her face. I took the belt off that was holding her up, but then it was too much effort to try and hold the slippery little girl up, so I just got into the bathtub with her.

It was soooo nice. When I washed her hair, which is usually major tears, she just loved it. She wanted to lie on her back and almost float. I swear if she could've breathed under water, she would've wanted to go under. We even nursed while lying in there. It was wonderful.

Then it was really cute my 2.5 y/o comes in and he wanted in the tub, so then there were 3 of us It was so much fun.

I felt like a mermaid with happily swimming with my babes all around me
#2 of 10 Old 01-31-2006, 02:47 AM

awwwww

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#3 of 10 Old 01-31-2006, 03:06 AM

That's how I bathe with Ava. We nurse in the tub also.
It's really special for me too because she was born in my bathtub. Such beautiful memories being made in that tub!

Crunchy, Christ-lovin' mama to dd13, ds8, dd6, dd5, ds3  homeschool.gif intactlact.gif saynovax.gifuc.jpg

#4 of 10 Old 01-31-2006, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
toooooo cute!!! I just bathing with babes!! but.. hm... I haven't actually hopped in the tub with Lucy, only taken her in the shower (but, gosh... she just *loves* the water!)

And I the mermaid comparison! So sweet!!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
#5 of 10 Old 01-31-2006, 09:41 AM

they are so soft and sweet arent they
#6 of 10 Old 01-31-2006, 01:17 PM

aren't baths the greatest? ds#1 hated baths,but this little guy will sit in there with me for 45 minutes at a time. he gets so calm!
#7 of 10 Old 02-01-2006, 03:09 PM

Luka LOVES the bath. We've been taking baths together since he was a few days old, and he is so peaceful in water- sometimes he falls asleep just floating (with my hand holding the back of his head). He was born in water so I wonder if that predisposes him to water-loving? I want to put him in swim classes this summer, I think he'll enjoy it.
Just last week my 3 yr. old joined us in the bath for the first time, and it was so fun!
#8 of 10 Old 02-03-2006, 12:49 AM

Hmmmm, sounds wonderful! Will have to give it a try!
#9 of 10 Old 02-03-2006, 01:00 AM

My 2 yo and I bathe together every morning. It's part of our special time together before I head off to work.

When the alarm goes off, I get up and go bring her back to bed with me (she falls asleep in my arms and then transfers to her own bed at night). We snuggle together while she wakes up. We then read about a dozen books together. Then we hop into the tub and spend about a half hour playing in the water. By that time dad's got breakfast ready, so we dress and all eat together.

Sometimes we get up at 5 am in order to get all this in. But I can't imagine not having that time with her.
#10 of 10 Old 02-03-2006, 01:09 PM

We gave Fin her first bath in the kiddie bath thing and she hated it and cried, cried, cried. I felt awful & cried, too. After that I just take baths with her and it is our favorite activity together I think. She LOVES baths now and smiles and likes to float, too! She also loves her rubber duckie and talks to him Her whole body relaxes in the water. Anybody have any bath goodies for baby that they love? Right now I use just a little Burt's Bee's shampoo bar on her and a few drops of lavender oil in the water. Then she gats a massage after with the BB body creme.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page