OMG! Motherwear shipment! I feel almost normal - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2006, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, yes, all the things i ordered are size Large, but they are sooo comfortable. my elastic pants from LLBean would fall down when i had the Moby Wrap on and the shirts just never came low enough to cover all the fat ive retained...but i am IN LOVE with motherwear!!!

they have cargo pants that i ordered 2 pair of that button but have an elastic backing. they are stretchy and have pockets on teh sides (for extra stuff you have to carry, etc.) and feel wonderful. and they look great.

their shirts feel so wonderful...and i dont have to improvise as to how im going to nurse.

today was the first day i wore any of their clothes, and i really hope to lose weight soon so i dont have to buy any more...but i am loving them!!! really!! esp. the pants, which i was having such a hard time with!!

oh...and i went online and found a "free shipping" discount code (just googles motherwear.com coupons).

this was worth postponing any new slings! lol!

rach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2006, 01:11 AM

nak

I would love to order from Motherwear!!

Isn't it great to finally wear normal clothes again? I went on a Tar-jay spree last Friday for back to work stuff. So fun, espescially since I actually found some a few things to fit my oddly-shaped pp body. Except shoes. I found the CUTEST shoes that fit fine at the store, but after wearing them for a day I determined they were created by people who hate feet. Can't win 'em all, I guess.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

everything i bought was ON SALE!!!! otherwise i couldnt have bought it!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

amygoforth,
how could you possibly think of wearing those shoes? maybe its b/c im old, but heals just do not attract me anymore! i fall in love w/ flats that are really cute (they are RARE). i used to love heels...im 5'9" but love gaining that few extra inches...but after quitting work last year, i just cant get myself to wear them much anymore (plus, dh is shorter than me already! ).
they are cute though!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:46 AM

awesome! i've never heard of them...i'm gonna go check them out. i NEEEEEEED shirts!!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

michelle, the shirts are awesome! they are really soft and stretchy...

they have a sale right now on clearance items..but i found a coupon online for free shipping...so i dont know which one would be best for you. go through the shopping first and then compare the two discounts...b/c of course you cant combine them. :
but i absolutely LOVE the pants....and the shirts. i didnt get anythign dressy and i still feel like a fat pig, but at least i look like im a fat pig who is a little more together !!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:15 AM

i didn't see any pants!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:44 AM

i'm not buying anything thing til I can fit a reasonable size! That should be in about 10 more lbs. luckily I wear scrubs to work...very forgiving!!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax
how could you possibly think of wearing those shoes?
Tell me about it, rach! I have no will power. Every time I make a bad shoe choice, I always say "NEVER AGAIN!" Then I get sucked right back in. You should see all the sad worn-only-once shoes in my closet.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

try this:

http://www.motherwear.com/prod.cfm/cid/31/sid/3234
Old 02-02-2006, 02:28 PM

Gosh I've had such bad luck with Motherwear so far.

The one nighttime nursing bra that fit me - shrunk. My fault, but still..

The cool long-sleeved nursing T shrunk too - it exposes my belly now. Yuck. I wanted to love this one.

And, the other T I ordered back in Dec still hasn't arrived yet.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

OMG! they shrink! thanks so much for telling me...i would return it if i were you but im not going to dry mine...they are almost perfect length right now and feel great. the only thing about hang drying is that i dont like the way the clothes feel after they hang dry in the bathroom (outside in the spring/summer is another deal).

their customer service seems good..i woudl try to return the shirt...did they tell you the other order was going to take so long???

i emailed them yesterday w/ a question and they responded right away.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:11 PM

It was supposed to ship late in Jan...but I don't recall getting an email about mid-Feb lateness! Maybe I will call them. The cotton bra was awesome until it ended up in the dryer...
Old 02-03-2006, 07:40 PM

I think Motherwear has the best quality for sure. They are roomier than most clothing, allotting for postpartum bodies.

Ok, so while I LOVE Motherwear for their quality, I just can NOT stand some of their fits. Those short tops just drive me batty! I'm a little taller than the average US woman, but sheesh. I might as well wear a bra top instead of their short crop styles.

This shirt is a prime example... the woman is wearing jeans up to her arm pits and STILL showing her tummy. http://www.motherwear.com/prod.cfm/cid/0/sid/22045 (that's a not so cute top either, but the cut is what I'm talking about. Arg.) I think it's PERFECT for petites though. Anytime i see a model lean over to make her shirt/pants meet, I know i'll have to, too. Like this http://www.motherwear.com/prod.cfm/cid/82/sid/2082

I just buy the longer looking tops. And, all is fine. I just wanted to warn you.
These are the two I ordered... before I saw this post and learned bout free shipping!
http://www.motherwear.com/prod.cfm/cid/82/sid/2350
http://www.motherwear.com/prod.cfm/cid/82/sid/2339

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

those are cute Spark. yes, i don't like my belly showing either. not at that stage in my life anymore...dont know if i will ever be there again.

there is now a huge (30-40% discount) on their clearance items but it isnt greater than the free shipping!!!

i have to stop going there b/c they made me feel so great about the clothes i got. i just wish i had more pants i could wear. they only had indigo and stone (which is really white....not my fav).
Old 02-04-2006, 01:11 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Ooh, Claire... thanks for mentioning the shortness factor. I'm 5'11" and have The Biggest Problem finding shirts that are long enough (I seem to almost always have to catalog order clothes that are marked 'tall' -- in store stuff is just too darn short .. and I certainly don't have a belly to show off!)!

I really need to get a nursing tank or something that I can wear under 'normal' clothes for now...

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
Old 02-04-2006, 10:14 AM

Ooh, Judy BE WARE of their tanks. They just seem like the shortest things. Ug. I love them and hate them all at the same time!

aisraeltax - I solved the shipping issue by splitting an order with an IRL friend. We both paid $7 for our huge order. She got a ton of things. You're right, it's really not that great without the free shipping unless you're ordering a lot.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark
Ok, so while I LOVE Motherwear for their quality, I just can NOT stand some of their fits. Those short tops just drive me batty! I'm a little taller than the average US woman, but sheesh. I might as well wear a bra top instead of their short crop styles.
Those short tops drive me crazy too. I am short-waisted and it STILL reveals my belly. What is the point of having a built-in nursing panel to cover your belly if your belly is going to show anyway? The top I bought shows my belly even wearing pants with a higher waist than I normally wear. SHEESH.

The longer shirts scare me too. Because usually longer shirts come down way to long for me...maybe I will try them. Otherwise the quality is quite nice. But I find that I keep reaching for my old standby outfit
1. stretchy tank top with built in tank bra + nursing pads
2. Long-sleeved T.
Pull up the t, pull down the tank. Easy nursing. I get frustrated by unhooking nursing bras, trying to shove the wool pad out of the way, etc. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Anyway, I digress...
Old 02-04-2006, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

watch out for their "stone" colors, too. i ordered 2 pair of cargo pants, but the stone is really a white. i dont like that at all...its not labor day! jk!!!! but, i NEVER wear white..havent for 15 + years since having kids.
went to the food store today and they have fuzz from everything on them. :

User Tag List